Reva wrecking face?

Paddywhack

@benjoewoo

What do you mean by abusing vantage points and needing more precise terrain definitions? Is it because of the corpse candle attacks and ignoring intervening models? I don't think she's worse than Seamus in the defining terrain part. It makes a really big difference for him if he can appear inside of houses or on roofs or not. Defining individual trees in woods as blocking objects or not is also a big difference to where he can place.

Our tables are usually heavy on tall, terrain pieces that are impassable and/or woods so she can't target anything anywhere. A table without LoS-blockers at ht 3+ is in my opinion not properly designed. I would think Reva (and the game in general) would be susceptible to sniper spam and a few other tricks on such an open board. If anyone in your meta did sniper or scheme-placement nonsense which has been available in decent quantities since wave 2 you probably changed how you handled it. ALITS was a breeze for crews that could place their markers on top of houses that no one else could gain access or draw LoS to.

• 2 weeks later...

@Ludvig

A lot of the terrain I play on locally consists of medium square buildings with flat or slightly slanted roofs that easily allow models to stand on them. Many of them are Ht 3, so if Reva is > 3" from the ledge, she is invisible from that ledge. This results in the odd interaction where she gets her 21"+ range with the option to move out of LoS. Costs an AP and her 0, but she gets 2 attacks with relative impunity. It only takes 1 such building to achieve the set up.

Reva is not as abusive as Raspy or seem as untouchable/unkillable as Seamus for capitalizing on terrain, but the combination of all three makes it easier to simply not play with being able to go onto the roofs in the first place. 

As a result, Reva often has large areas she can't see, so her range is rarely oppressive. That, and her lack of quality activation control make it fairly easy to mitigate her Turn 1, possibly Turn 2, activations. 

At least locally, sniper spam isn't particularly common. People often bring a trapper/katanaka, with the odd Nino or Hanz, but they don't often have oppressive situations because of the high scatter count and building distributions we use. 

• Like 1

I genuinely do believe that terrain does serve some issue with the local Reva problem - to the point where the words "Reva on a Roof" have been a bit of a local joke. But it does definitely point out that we don't use enough terrain. I do find it to be a bit of a negative play experience that to survive a hit from her generally involves completely avoiding her gaze. The nasty list that unfortunately more than one person is currently using is Carrion Emissary with My Little Helper, Yin with My Little Helper, Phillip and the Nanny, a necropunk and a couple of shield bearers. Reva's upgrades are the charge one and the ignore damage reduction one. Basically the play is to set up walls with Carrion to make lanes where you kinda need to go - Shield Bearers make heaps of corpse markers, Yin marks a person for death and Reva fires at it. If you don't kill Reva in one activation she typically heals up very, very quickly and the charge upgrade means she's basically never stuck. If the player is good (and the main one locally is VERY good) then it's very hard to beat - especially with Yin getting 2 chances of putting a model at negatives in a turn, they can really make sure they kill something dead a turn and there's little you can do about it.

• 4 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, Veefy said:

Can reva charge and use a corpse when attacking something really far away that she has los to ?

Nope, you have to end a charge within reach of your attacks and she can't draw LoS and range through them until she declares an attack so it's impossible to end the charge move legally unless you end it in actual range.