September FAQ & Errata

Lucidicide

28 minutes ago, Philosfr said:

Clarifying the Paralyze thing...

Is a defensive trigger an action? For example, if Justice or a gremlin is paralyzed, could they still counterattack or squee away?

No, Triggers are not Actions and therefore not covered.

28 minutes ago, Clement said:

For clarity, #29:

B is making 2 flips.  Right?  "Make a flip for the lava and Jaakuna" is ambiguous.

Yes, two flips.

Good job, Aaron! Aside from the minor inconsistency with the 30mm base blocking 30mm markers I think that you not only fixed every one of the FAQ entries I thought needed fixing and added a bunch of errata that I all agree with whole-heartedly. A very good showing.

Standing on the shoulders of giants, I guess :)

• Like 3

2 hours ago, nunorod said:

So, my thing with Kirai...

Was ikyrio effect that bad? Because I hope Austringers to be fixed next because they can fire at targets they can't see...at a looooong range...

It was as Kirai/Lost Love could be behind LOS blocking terrain and still pop Ikiryo next to your model without seeing it. 

just a quick note on brewie actually

since declaring an action is part of taking an action, when you are forced to take the on the house action, it seems like you would need to test for drinking contest again... and again and again etc until you pass. This seems pretty likely it's not the intent given that it's not like it stacks up poison each time you fail (because you'd cancel the "original" on the house), but it does have implications on the deck depending on which way it's played. Probably worth clearing up.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Math Mathonwy said:

Good job, Aaron! Aside from the minor inconsistency with the 30mm base blocking 30mm markers

It's consistent with itself either way. The only difference is whether the space occupied by the markers and models is considered an open set or a closed set. I personally think it makes more sense to consider it a closed set.

Coming recently from 40K to Malifaux, this feels like coming to an oasis in a dessert. I can't acknowledge enough how good it feels playing a game from a company wich talks to its costumers and has no problems in sharing its thoughts. Makes a very credible company IMO.

• Like 6

18 hours ago, Aaron said:
    • Paralyzed - Models can no longer take Actions while Paralyzed, regardless of whether its their Activation or not. This brings it more in line with common sense.

"A model with the Paralyzed Condition generates no AP and can declare no Actions (whether or not its the model’s Activation)"

If Zoraida Obeys a McTavish to shoot a Peacekeeper and he fails the Horror duel does he get to shoot and then can no longer take actions or he fails the action? The action was declared before taking the Horror duel.

What happens if it was a :meleeattack? I assume since when you fail your engagement dissapears you fail the attack.

3 hours ago, Myyrä said:

It's consistent with itself either way. The only difference is whether the space occupied by the markers and models is considered an open set or a closed set. I personally think it makes more sense to consider it a closed set.

I don't think I follow you there. I think that either 30mm is enough to block 30mm or it isn't. Now it seems that you can block it in one dimension but not in both (this being a 2D game at its heart). Unless I'm missing something.

• Like 1

A-------B------M

A and B are models. M is a 30mm marker. Model A doesn`t have LOS to M

If B is standing directly on M then you don`t block LoS as the two 30mm (B base and marker) are on each other and we assume that part of the marker is always visible.

If B is standing halfway on the marker then you still can block LoS from A to M. 

At least that how I see it.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Math Mathonwy said:

I don't think I follow you there. I think that either 30mm is enough to block 30mm or it isn't. Now it seems that you can block it in one dimension but not in both (this being a 2D game at its heart). Unless I'm missing something.

Because the edge of the model's base is at the exact same spot as the edge of the marker if the model is standing on top of it, the LoS lines (which are actually line segments in mathematical terms) do not actually cross the model's base when drawn to the edge of the marker's base. The same does not apply if a model is standing between the model drawing LoS and the marker.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Myyrä said:

Because the edge of the model's base is at the exact same spot as the edge of the marker if the model is standing on top of it, the LoS lines (which are actually line segments in mathematical terms) do not actually cross the model's base when drawn to the edge of the marker's base. The same does not apply if a model is standing between the model drawing LoS and the marker.

OK, I can see the logic behind that interpretation.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, daniello_s said:

It was as Kirai/Lost Love could be behind LOS blocking terrain and still pop Ikiryo next to your model without seeing it. 

I was being a bit sarcastic there... So can Austringers shoot while behind blocking terrain and no LOS... Kirai has to see the target which and be 6" from it is not always that easy and the target must be undead or living. I don't believe it was that OP. 

5 minutes ago, nunorod said:

I was being a bit sarcastic there... So can Austringers shoot while behind blocking terrain and no LOS... Kirai has to see the target which and be 6" from it is not always that easy and the target must be undead or living. I don't believe it was that OP. 

It was

1) Consistent with the rules. Summoning Actions required you to have LoS.

2) You could do it multiple times a turn getting a lot of harass and extra activations by attacking+sacrificing.

3) Austringers are good, but they have specific rules that they don`t need LoS. This is not an errata. Its a clarification.

• Like 2