Divergent Paths dual faction or strang combinations outcome

D_acolyte

I figured if no one else started it, I might as well.

So we know that there are at least 3 personalities up for grab. We do not know how they will progress, why or what else they will gain. So I want wild and cool speculation here, just this shy of crazy enough not to happen. 

Example: The Trickster becoming an Ortega, specializing in derringers but is shot and killed by Hopkins only to be resurrected by Seamus to which she shot wounding him. Now she hides amongst the arcanists and works on a derringers armed constructs. So we have a female undead Ortega model that works with the arcanists with here own type of constructs.

I also hope that these personalities become henchmen or enforcers and get a story encounter box like Amphibious Assault or Brotherhood of the Rat. I do not think they posted what the winning factions get at the end or did I miss that.

2 minutes ago, D_acolyte said:

I do not think they posted what the winning factions get at the end or did I miss that.

Each character will be made into a model. The Faction with the most points on the character will be the one that the model joins. Limit one character per Faction.

As far as I know that is the only victory condition, to win a model in your Faction that has some combination of abilities from potentially different Factions.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 7thSquirrel said:

Each character will be made into a model. The Faction with the most points on the character will be the one that the model joins. Limit one character per Faction.

As far as I know that is the only victory condition, to win a model in your Faction that has some combination of abilities from potentially different Factions.

Thanks, must have missed that reading through the page.

The kid--the girl, I should say now--is getting fought over by several factions. She's going to have a mish-mash of abilities.

Mechromancer construct handler with a Guild greatsword?

Rooster-riding dual pistol beast herder?

Pyrokinetic foundry child setting scheme markers on fire?

Dragon-fireworks dropping girl with a jetpack?

• Like 1

On 9/12/2016 at 0:34 PM, D_acolyte said:

I also hope that these personalities become henchmen or enforcers and get a story encounter box like Amphibious Assault or Brotherhood of the Rat. I do not think they posted what the winning factions get at the end or did I miss that.

Honestly, I think the possibility of them being Masters is decent at least. I can't see them being less than a Henchman.

Two of the Self-Righteous Man's outcomes involve another model (Guild and Rezzer). The Inquisitive Child's also include two that possibly count as models (Gremlin and Neverborn). I could see them becoming a Henchman (the Self-Righteous Man's) or Totem (the Inquisitive Child's).

Now, there is some argument against this. The Child's are easy. She may become a Rooster Rider (rather than it being a different model). She may also gain a summoning ability.

The man may also get undead summoning. Not sure how the Guild Guard bodyguard would come about.

Of course, giving them summoning is a very tricky, especially as we (and Wyrd) doesn't know what faction they wind up in. While having an undead summoner in the Guild could be interesting, Lady Justice might not be cool with that. Even McMourning keeps his nose clean when he is On the Clock.

Another counter-point against them being Masters, there's the fact that some Traits are up for grabs (like Family for the Trickster or Darkened for the Self-Righteous Man). But then again, it's not like certain Master's don't share traits. *cough* MS&U *cough*

Also, at the earliest, they'd becoming out in two years, which would be a reasonable time to release new Masters. So, I didn't think they would be at first. But the more I think some of the results, I think it is very possible.

• Like 1

For what its worth (not very much), my guess is that if the Child won the outcast "upgrade" this week then she is likely to be able to use soulstones (although I'm not ruling out the Pilfer attack).

A few of the paths look like a fairly obviouis way they improve the figure (if they gain a weapon, then we know what the weapons is, but we don't know what Stat they'll have or what triggers if any, or if they get a characteristic that seems obvious), but a lot are flexible in what they could really mean. Does the Child become a rooster rider, or does she have a pet rooster in a similar way to McTavish and his Gator. Can she summon mini teddies, or does her new teddy give her some teddy like function? 

12 hours ago, Parker Barrows said:

Honestly, I think the possibility of them being Masters is decent at least. I can't see them being less than a Henchman.

That is a wild speculation and one I hope is not true, we just got are 8th masters do we really need to consider another one so soon after getting one. Some faction might have some wholes that need to be field in there master but let see how the meta goes with the new ones before we say "no, this whole is still there".

I do not think they will become masters personally.  I suspect Enforcers but they might make them henchmen.  I suspect things like the Guild Guard or dead guard will be less they have another model with them as much as it will be an ability or action.  Like the Kid getting the mini teddy might give it an attack that is "Get THEM TEDDY!" and basically is the mini Teddy mauling the target.

It will be interesting to see how they make out for sure, namely if different factions keep winning every week.  I was thinking of what other factions might get if they get the model after others winning a round or two.

11 hours ago, D_acolyte said:

That is a wild speculation and one I hope is not true, we just got are 8th masters do we really need to consider another one so soon after getting one. Some faction might have some wholes that need to be field in there master but let see how the meta goes with the new ones before we say "no, this whole is still there".

1. Yep. Not claiming it's not wild speculation. Just my guess based off of the things that seem involve a different model.

2. By time these models come out (whatever they wind up being), the new Masters will probably be established. Wave 5 models are almost certainly in testing process right now. 2 or 3 years isn't entirely unreasonable. The new Masters (Ironsides, Shenlong, etc.) before Rippling Fates were only released two years ago in Wave 2. Remember, Wyrd is working years in the furture compared to us.

I get the idea that it seems like it's too early to think of new Masters. But things getting scratched out today are not coming out anytime soon.

I'm not trying to move on to the next shiny thing (I mean, I renamed myself after one of the new Masters because I think he's so awesome). I'm just giving my thoughts based on some of the abilities.

11 hours ago, aquenaton said:

I think they will be henchmen or at least enforcers (like Hayreddin) but maybe they will be growing as the campaign progresses. I personally cannot see them as masters particularly because right now, what they are getting from the campaign responds to some themes already similar to some masters (I know there is M&SU but you know what I mean). I personally would find really strange to have another "brilliant" master or something like that. 

There's also Molly who skims from two other Masters' themes. Out-of-faction, Ophelia is literally a rip-off of Perdita. However they end up (Master, Henchman, Enforcer, etc.), I'm sure Wyrd will make it work.

Which honestly, is why I'm loving this. Master or Peon, the Self-Righteous Man getting addicted to Brillance or becoming a werewolf and then running off to another faction to pick up one of their traits is just cool.

29 minutes ago, EnternalVoid said:

I do not think they will become masters personally.  I suspect Enforcers but they might make them henchmen.  I suspect things like the Guild Guard or dead guard will be less they have another model with them as much as it will be an ability or action.  Like the Kid getting the mini teddy might give it an attack that is "Get THEM TEDDY!" and basically is the mini Teddy mauling the target.

It will be interesting to see how they make out for sure, namely if different factions keep winning every week.  I was thinking of what other factions might get if they get the model after others winning a round or two.

That's possible. And while the kid makes a little more sense, the undead guard is something that makes it hard to tie into the model's looks.

I should state that while I am arguing that there is a very real possibility that they can wind up being Masters, I am no means arguing that they are definitely going to be. As D_acolyte said, this is wild speculation. Wyrd is leaving things extremely vague. The Tiny Teddy could wind up being a Totem, a summoning spell, an attack, a Defensive Trigger, or any number of things. Wild speculation is fun.

It's also possible that they may wind up being different levels (one is a Henchman, one is a Master, one is an Enforcer or whatever) based on what their winning faction needs.

P.S. More wild speculation! Each card will increasingly be upped a station so we can see them grow.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/14/2016 at 9:31 PM, Parker Barrows said:

Wild speculation is fun.

No it's not :angry::blast you take that back!

I mean, I figure that's why the thread itself was made though, so I find it a silly thing to say (Based on Station) when the thread itself is predicated on speculating wildly at other aspects of the potential characters that will result :P

Either way, it's interesting to see how things have shaped up thus far.  It's fairly clear the first steps for each character have left a rather big impact on them already, not to say they'll end up with the factions that won week one, but man are they flavored their way already!  The man becoming a were-creature is pretty huge, although I could see a few of this weeks outcomes "reversing" or "negating" that in some way;  I mean the Arcanist themselves are at least offering control over it, and the Sensei Yu I could even see helping him bottle his feral side almost completely.  The kid is less "converted" completely, but the Trickster seems STEEPED in Resser non-sense already, basically became immortal :P or some fancy magic non-sense.

I like the characters having a chance to interact with some of the established characters too, like Molly offering to help the little girl, seems funny.  Although I don't think I would say I have ever considered Molly as a reporter despite her backstory, so it sounds so weird to me when they call her out as being a "funny looking reporter" :P  maybe she wears other cloths besides the outfit her model has though, I don't really know her wardrobe (Although in my humble opinion, that deserves it's own thread for wildly speculating, as much as this one).

But I think I'm almost more interested in some of the odd rando-characters mentioned in some of the outcomes.  I honestly almost wish the Outcast would win the Man this week, and we can have an awkward lover become a secondary character or something, like it would be interesting if the 3 characters we were promised ended up having a story woven between a larger web that Wyrd didn't tell us about entirely so the teams are fighting over those three, but the outcomes result in other character's being impacted or generated?  Which would have a slight "Seven Samurai" feel to it, if you understand the reference.  Although of all the wild things that have been said in here, that is possibly the least likely wild speculation :P.

• Like 1