Divergent Paths: Neverborn Edition

Parker Barrows

A tournament I am going to this week end is doing all the games from the divergent path games, who would you use in Tome Hunt. I am thinking Lilith or Lynch. Tomb hunt is the one where you take damage after making a Ca action = to you shhh condition which increases before you take the damage so some of our masters like Collodi and Pandora are really hurt by that.

first ca = 1 shhh and 1 damage, 2nd ca = 2 shhh, 2 damage, and total damage is 3, and so on.

1 minute ago, D_acolyte said:

A tournament I am going to this week end is doing all the games from the divergent path games, who would you use in Tome Hunt. I am thinking Lilith or Lynch. Tomb hunt is the one where you take damage after making a Ca action = to you shhh condition which increases before you take the damage so some of our masters like Collodi and Pandora are really hurt by that.

first ca = 1 shhh and 1 damage, 2nd ca = 2 shhh, 2 damage, and total damage is 3, and so on.

I used Lilith with the neverborn all star beaters to decent effect,  Only one CA for the game, and that was to Beckon Malifaux to block LoS at a key moment.  Collodi could work in gunline form with trapper, envy, changelings, key actions there are either SH or untyped.  Lynch I personally feel is risky, but thats because nigh anything Huggy does is suicidal.  If you're good at reviving him though, it might work.

• Like 1

I lost the man (TT vs Neverborn). 

We forgot all about the CA action issue and I took Mcabe so black flash and take this was used twice but what killed me was just the flips (nothing higher than a 9 in hand and nothing higher than a 11 in opposed flips vs his face card hand and unheard of flips). 

He played Titania. Titania did a bit in the way of blocking and causing trouble for two turns but casted herself to death. He uses Nekima to do the heavy lifting instead with Illuminated. 

We both lost our masters due to overcasting (me bad flips cu de grase). 

4 minutes ago, Paksos said:

Is there anywhere that shows the results? I find Wyrd's website oppressively opaque..... 

If you look at the current weeks pdf for the character it will have a small fluff piece about who won while also setting up this weeks scenarios. As far as i am aware you would need to look at each week individually. If you would just like a breakdown it is as follows:

Man- Arcanists, Guild, Arcanists

Trickster- Ressurs, Ressers, Neverborn

Child- Neverborn, Neverborn, Outcasts.

So looking at what is done the Man will probably go Arcanist and the Child Trickster can come with us. I will be focusing on them. Note we may still get one of the two even if we do not win them this week.

Child Victories:

Guild teaches her and Teddy to kill the undead.

Resurectionist lets Teddy tear apart corpses better.

Arcanists gives Teddy flaming claws.

Neverborn lets use see another side to the Widow Weaver and increases Teddy's horror dual.

Outcast lets her channel entropic magic better.

Gremlin has Zipp steal the kid.

Ten thunders has the child become addicted to brilliance and see things beyond the normal world.

I only like the guild and the neverborn ending for the child, yes bad things happen but that does not mean they should.

The scenario is to bring the child to your side of the board through an interaction but you will also take a 2/3/4 hit from the small Teddy. Sounds simple.

Trickster

Guild sounds like she gains the ability to remove cover or terrain.

Resurectionist gives protection from black blood and hazardous environmental effects.

Sounds like the Arcanists gives her some deployment tricks.

Neverborn the ability to manipulate black blood.

Outcast sounds like a summoner, like they need one.

Gremlin leaves her with the power to get everyone drunk.

Ten thunders shows her letting people use flaming weapon.

The objective is to have disguised models interact with her or to have Nytemare kill something. I really can only think of guild, ten thunders, and outcast with a lot of disguised models.

Who do you want. I want the Child preferably with a neverborn or guild victory but still overall going to the neverborn.

5 hours ago, D_acolyte said:

So looking at what is done the Man will probably go Arcanist and the Child Trickster can come with us. I will be focusing on them. Note we may still get one of the two even if we do not win them this week.

Child Victories:

I only like the guild and the neverborn ending for the child, yes bad things happen but that does not mean they should.

Trickster

The objective is to have disguised models interact with her or to have Nytemare kill something. I really can only think of guild, ten thunders, and outcast with a lot of disguised models.

Even though it feels weird to say this, I agree with you. About the child, I mean. And because of that I'm not going to challenge Neverborn for the child, 'cause even if that doesn't make her a little mechromancer that'll make her happier. I'd still rather see her get a permanent home with the Death Marshals though. Stability is good. That's what Guild is for, at its best.

The trickster's scenario gives you three upgrades to give models Disguised for 1ss each, and they aren't 'non-master' restricted either. Everyone can score, and they can see how disguised interferes with their opponents, without having to hire in ronin. One of my games already used Chompy to proxy something (I think it was the patrol wagon for the Man round 1?) so that will be just fine. But then, my meta doesn't rely on charging as much as you might expect. Nevertheless

*drops a peacekeeper claw with a CLANG*

I challenge Neverborn for the woman this round!

• 3 weeks later...