Divergent Paths: Neverborn Edition

Parker Barrows

I'm curious what people think. I'm not sure which one stands out with the Neverborn that would make an interesting story. I think my problem is we don't know how they will develop. Are they going to become a half-human/half-nephilim hybrid? Cursed by Zoriada? But I'm interested in seeing what people think.

NOTE: You'll see me posting similar stuff on other Factions' forums because focus-firing on a certain character will likely get one, so I'll be supporting a faction for each character. Thus, my interest in figuring out what character is being targeted by what factions, so I can join the most interesting one.

My aim was to run nothing but Neverborn for the next few months, will focus on the "lady" and "gentleman" as either of them could work well with Lucius or perhaps as suggested the art may change accordingly, not interested in another child for Neverborn, we have enough of those.

2 hours ago, Llesh said:

it seems neverborn have a lot of strong female masters, so i think having a female snarky practical joker might fit in vry well around the fire with zoraida, lilith and pandora.... maybe a counter point to their seriousness 

I very much doubt they will become a master. They've recently just added one to each faction when a lot of people already felt like there were enough.

57 minutes ago, -Loki- said:

I very much doubt they will become a master. They've recently just added one to each faction when a lot of people already felt like there were enough.

More importantly, I doubt they would add Masters in a non-symmetrical way such as having these three "Up for grabs" so to speak.

It's also very possible these characters may end up being Mercs in addition to everything, but by playing the missions with different Factions, we well, as a community, essentially be building the Models stat lines.  Sort of like open testing, but they probably have a large list of Abilities that are already slated to "unfold" depending on which factions try to "win over" the different characters.

I would be very interested though if the "divergent path" does extend into a more solid difference from their original art (We see now), with things like descending into Nephilim-hood or such, which could possibly be based around if an individual character is "won" by a single Faction each event week-cycle, potentially.  But that also sounds very ambitious, doable perhaps, but ambitious.

42 minutes ago, Tawg said:

More importantly, I doubt they would add Masters in a non-symmetrical way such as having these three "Up for grabs" so to speak.

Again, I would be mildly surprised if they were Masters, but we have had a Master up for grabs before.

*points to Tara*

If Ten Thunders or Arcanists had won, their entry into would be a Master and Shenlong or Ironsides would not exist, or be the new Master everyone is talking about.

If Guild or Neverborn had won, we'd have their entries as a Master and McMourning or Lucius would still be Rezzer or Guild only.

So, there is precedent.

Of course, once we can look at the possible skills, we may be able to guess at their power level.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Parker Barrows said:

Again, I would be mildly surprised if they were Masters, but we have had a Master up for grabs before.

*points to Tara*

If Ten Thunders or Arcanists had won, their entry into would be a Master and Shenlong or Ironsides would not exist, or be the new Master everyone is talking about.

If Guild or Neverborn had won, we'd have their entries as a Master and McMourning or Lucius would still be Rezzer or Guild only.

So, there is precedent.

Well that's interesting, I wasn't really around until Shifting Loyalties, on a deeper level, so I was unaware of this.  But that is interesting information about how they came to be around that cycle.

• Like 2

I wasn't around for it either, but I did manage to find out about it (I came in at the end of 1.5, so the veterans told me about Tara).

Wyrd also made a new page. On the Divergent Paths page, you can click on a link to past events and there is a summary.

And I just clicked on Tara and it specifically says she is a Special Event Reward. And the faction symbol is a combination of Outcast and Rezzer which actually looks pretty cool.

The first week scenarios are up, if Neverborn wins, it looks like the rewards are the following:

Kid:

During the battle, a huge, walking teddy bear protects the child from the Witchling Stalkers
chasing her. The teddy bear is destroyed in the fighting, but the child gathers up its pieces and sews them
into a smaller bear in an attempt to help her new friend live on.

Man:

The Witch Hunters shoot at the Nephilim that tear open the patrol wagon, wounding them
and splattering the man with their corrosive black blood. Though he expects to be eaten, he finds the
Nephilim to be surprisingly helpful as they bind the wounds that now seep with their black blood.

Woman:

The woman sees an opening in the chaos and makes a dash for it, only to be confronted with
a twisted spirit with a horrifically leering face. She staggers back in surprise, only for the spirit to lunge
forward, possessing her body in the same way a human might slip on a comfortable coat. The woman’s will
is stronger than the spirit expected, however, and by the end of the battle, the two of them have come to an
understanding and agreed to share her body between them.

On ‎9‎/‎8‎/‎2016 at 8:23 PM, Parker Barrows said:

Are they going to become a half-human/half-nephilim hybrid?

Under Quarantine, a TTB source book, has that black blood is an infectious illness passed by blood contact so they would not be hybrid but rather actual nephilims.

On ‎9‎/‎8‎/‎2016 at 8:23 PM, Parker Barrows said:

I think my problem is we don't know how they will develop.

I think that is the point, if these people become models they will probably have some of the flavor of at least 2 factions. This means that we the players will have a larger effect something in the game which I think is great.

I am going to focus on the kid, I want baby Teddies lol.

• Like 1

Tiny. Teddy.

Nothing in the entirety of the event could possibly be as cool.

I'm going to organize matches locally to do my best to ensure this happens. If she ends up bringing a baby teddy to a different faction in the end, all the better.

But that means this week, you folks need to win the child's scenario.

Do it for the baby bear

• Like 3