Divergent Paths: Gremlin Edition

Parker Barrows

Did the Rampage scenario tonight. Most fun ive had with the event so far. Went south quick when Lillith swapped the first Mate for a teddy then almost killed the poor fish.  However apparently this Teddy was sowed together with soft fluffy pillow claws and cracked button eyes after he failed to kill anything but old cranky. Lot of maneuvering trying to pull the werewolf away from each others scheme piles without getting important models eaten, and up to turn 4 the only thing that was really hurt by the gentlewolf was a terror tot. Then turn 5 hit and the full moon came out. Lillith and the doppelganger were eaten and teddy was munched down to his last two wounds. Sadly still lost by one point.

• Like 2

Played the tricksters encounter yesterday. So far the least amount of fun ive had during the campaign Played against ressers, so they got bonus corpse markers as easy as regular scheme markers. Also played against Reva who in two games has reached the top of my "Masters I Don't Want to Play Against " list. He also had a Carrion Emissary, which kinda just automatically annoys me. Min three damage non projectile cast with blasts and a free shot trigger plus shards of "fair and balanced" (sarcasm quotes) as a zero that makes a free activation at the end of turn. Yet the lucky emissary did to much melee damage. Sure.....

Obviously lost. zipp tried to pester Reva but she just soulstoned the damage away and ate the rest of my crew with the carrion and shieldbearers help (min threes or positive damage flips blehh). About the only fun moment was when Reva corpseported into the center to turn mindless zombies into scheme markers for detonate the charges, only to have all the stuffed piglets nearby blow themselves up, killing all my models nearby and Reva herself.  

8 hours ago, Hoyled said:

Played the tricksters encounter yesterday. So far the least amount of fun ive had during the campaign Played against ressers, so they got bonus corpse markers as easy as regular scheme markers. Also played against Reva who in two games has reached the top of my "Masters I Don't Want to Play Against " list. He also had a Carrion Emissary, which kinda just automatically annoys me. Min three damage non projectile cast with blasts and a free shot trigger plus shards of "fair and balanced" (sarcasm quotes) as a zero that makes a free activation at the end of turn. Yet the lucky emissary did to much melee damage. Sure.....

Obviously lost. zipp tried to pester Reva but she just soulstoned the damage away and ate the rest of my crew with the carrion and shieldbearers help (min threes or positive damage flips blehh). About the only fun moment was when Reva corpseported into the center to turn mindless zombies into scheme markers for detonate the charges, only to have all the stuffed piglets nearby blow themselves up, killing all my models nearby and Reva herself.

I'm surprised at that, mostly because I figured Zipp would be a great opponent to Reva.  Haven't done it yet obviously, but just the theory side of things made me think it would be a good match for us.

Also, small detail, but when the stuffed piglets die, they may take the Bacon Bomb action.  They don't have to explode if it's not beneficial for you to do it.

It feels like it should be a good match up. Zipp gets to her easy enough, but its sealing the deal that's the issue. He doesn't do enough damage to chew threw her health pool quickly and shes fast enough and has a teleport to ignore placement shenanigans and smoke walls with minimal ap loss so she can continue to lob min damage three nukes at whatever she wants. She can also just try to eat Zipp if she wants though its probably more likely she'll just ignore him and murder things that are trying to earn points.

I'm very aware bacon bombs a may. I was deliberately detonating my stuffed piglets to deny detonate the charges.

another new session is up. Kids gremlin path is kinda amusing, pig mounted brat with a pet murder teddy. Otherwise kinda boring stuff. Guild trial is kinda interesting on the scenario front, the rest are a bit bland this week.

Another session of probably sweeping Neverborn and Resser wins, with a less then surprising Guild uprising for the man. Let it never be said the more boring shooty faction doesn't appreciate a good joke now and then.

Fat and elite is my first guess, minimum models, maximum power. Mancha and Gracie, Burts hard to take down, Trixie as well. Give your opponent the hard choice on what to make the fake parent. Gonna be hard to do schemes, unless they come up murderfest fun fest or similar.

*drops a warden claw with less of a CLANG than the peacekeeper claw makes*

If we were still just starting I'd challenge Gremlins for the Child, but right now, we gotta get her away from the Neverborn, so I'll challenge them if you do too.

Also don't forget you can put pigapults on the field and summon in the ammo. Pigapult = construct = zero chance to be targeted for a possible parent marker.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Macumazahn said:

I don't care for the 3 characters anymore. I want those two gremlins, from the selfrighteous man path, that can pass for a human in the middle of the street with just a trenchcoat, AND bribe guild judges with just some booze. That model would be awesome.

I 100% agree with this. Here's an image: 

Two Gremlins in a Jacket.png

• Like 1

I was daydreaming the trenchcoat gremlins during work. Something like a manipulative, from the shadows model with a 3 inch push whenever its targeted (representing them swaying around in panic). When it dies it becomes two bayou gremlins of course.

• Like 1

Finished a game for the Child this afternoon vs. a VERY good Ten Thunders Player.  I was playing Zipp, and he played Misaki.  I learned two things that game: 1 - Jorugomo hit like a truck.  2 - Zipp spanks Misaki HARD!  Seriously hard.  Her +flip to defense doesn't work very well when you target her Ht!  Also, Zipp can be so hard to pin down and / or assassinate that even Misaki has troubles keeping up.  It didn't hurt that we had a decent amount of hazardous terrain on the board for Zipp to chuck people into!

Needless to say, I scored a win for team green getting the kid!

• Like 1

You haven't got quite as much fun this week. You're on your own, sorry.

I did play McCabe into Brewmaster last scenario. That was kind of a mistake. Black Sheep and an open bar mix too well. Also, in the battle of the flash, bright green flash (Trixiebelle) beats black flash (McCabe). Between that and a Swill he was out of the game for a turn and a half.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Somnicide said:

I dunno if I want the self-righteous man shacking up with my beloved Trixiebelle!

You, and dozens of other jilted gremlins. Who knew that Trixiebelle had a fetish for humans?

In retrospect, it does explain everything. The raiding, seizing, and hands-on pinioning of human caravans with the Bushwhackers. The persistent, never-to-be-successful flashing.

• Like 2