Divergent Paths: Gremlin Edition

Parker Barrows

I'm sorry, but seeing a self-righteous man join the Gremlins sounds like too much fun to ignore. Seriously, it's going to be an entertaining story.  But, I'm curious what other people are interested in.

NOTE: You'll see me posting similar stuff on other Factions' forums because focus-firing on a certain character will likely get one, so I'll be supporting a faction for each character. Thus, my interest in figuring out what character is being targeted by what factions, so I can join the most interesting one.

The inquisitive child is my vote. He is about the same height as your typical Gremlin and what "inquisitive child" wouldn't be irresistibly drawn to the faction that loves guns, explosions, acting a fool, fart jokes, playing in the mud, and daring each other to do reckless things. Add in the potential allure of also getting a jet pack and riding with pirates and it is pretty clear that he would be a natural fit.

Would absolutely love if his name also happened to be Tom or Finn.

• Like 3

My plan is to just run Gremlins only for the event.  I was just taking a break to run Titania and Neverborn again, but I'm definitely a gremlin at heart and want to do them for the event.  So every game I can get in will be green.

I'm hoping the kid can be raised in a good environment of banjo music and whiskey.  Let Sparks take the kid in and have an apprentice, or the apprentice's apprentice and train under Wesley or something equally hilarious.

12 hours ago, Omenbringer said:

The inquisitive child is my vote. He is about the same height as your typical Gremlin and what "inquisitive child" wouldn't be irresistibly drawn to the faction that loves guns, explosions, acting a fool, fart jokes, playing in the mud, and daring each other to do reckless things. Add in the potential allure of also getting a jet pack and riding with pirates and it is pretty clear that he would be a natural fit.

Would absolutely love if his name also happened to be Tom or Finn.

Clearly this calls for the same approach I had to take with Zipp.

*plugs fingers into ears* LA LA LA LA LA I CAN'T HEAR YOU! 

A jet pack! You evil tempter. Gremlins aren't going to hand out a jet pack as one of their gifts...are they?

Its possible, we don't know what gifts Gremlins are handing out. Considering how odd ball our little bayou family is we could hand out anything. Magic sticks, booze, various shooty implements, lucha lessons, and jet packs. Its all theirs for the taking if we can win them over.

12 minutes ago, Dogmantra said:

a] we need the child

b] "Gremlins: When one of the rooster-riding Gremlins is shot from its mount, the child hurries over to the
injured chicken and tends to its wounds, earning its appreciation and loyalty."

Give the kid a chicken!!!!!

Seconded. Although I'll be going for all three!

Is there a page that specifically gives the abilities they'll get, or is it just the little fluff paragraph and we interpret what it is?

I'll agree with the kid, but the guy sounds like brewmaster stuff which I love, and the trickster is probably an obey or similar Zoraida trick. I'll agree with the kid for week 1

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Four_N_Six said:

Is there a page that specifically gives the abilities they'll get, or is it just the little fluff paragraph and we interpret what it is?

It's the fluff paragraph. I figure Aaron et al will try to weave the 5 paragraphs into some semblance of a coherent model, and I figure that what that entails will change based on what happens.

Like if Neverborn win the kid this time and they get a teddy, if the kid ends up being Neverborn then the teddy will probably be some sort of curse power evil neverborn trickery (perhaps some sort of action) but if they end up being like... guild or something, the teddy might just be a cute teddy who protects the kid. I think fluff paragraphs only was very clever.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Orboros said:

I really hope that the Kid gets the Chicken. The chicken should then get corrupted by the Neverborn to evolve into evil-demon-chicken. Afterwards Gremlins should win the Kid back so that Zoraida can train her and teach her voodoo!

You misspelled "corrupted by the Ressurectionists" ;)

Undead chicken ftw.

Could then possibly become McMournings new apprentice for more Guild/Resser double faction fun :P

• Like 1