Divergent Paths: Ten Thunders Edition

Parker Barrows

Well, that was disheartening. Also our outcomes this week are subpar compared to the previous one - the only one I really like is the Man's, and it competes with the delicious outcome the Guild offers for him (the only non-boring one they offered so far, too!). The Child one is OK, but I probably should go for Neverborn and Widow Weaver there.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Cadaverousbirth said:

I really want a werewolf monk. That or a werewolf lawyer are the best. 

Hopefully people kick it into gear and stop letting their terroris-...Arcanists opponents win!

I wish I could like this more then once.

30 minutes ago, Sirva said:

If the Guild wins and gets a Werewolf lawyer i'm gonna buy lucius box no matter what.

You'd better remember this statement, Lucius is gleefully awaiting another follower...

8 hours ago, Eclipse said:

Well, that was disheartening. Also our outcomes this week are subpar compared to the previous one - the only one I really like is the Man's, and it competes with the delicious outcome the Guild offers for him (the only non-boring one they offered so far, too!). The Child one is OK, but I probably should go for Neverborn and Widow Weaver there.

Really, what can they do?  They either give us "A monk does something", "An Oiran does something", or something more tied to one of the other factions than 10T, like the Black Sheep or the Darkened.  Monks aren't interesting to most folks these days, and the Master-specific ones lead to the prior frustration about it being Master-specific.  There's not really a good way for us to win, because people seem to be playing and voting based on what they view as 'cool', and that's not us.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Sirva said:

If the Guild wins and gets a Werewolf lawyer i'm gonna buy lucius box no matter what.

Eh. He may get some lawyer-like ability, but if he's not a Mimic, Guardsman, or in Lucius's Factions, then he can't be used by him.

I think I'm going Ten Thunders for the Child. Giving her some Oni powers could be pretty awesome.

• Like 1

On 9/27/2016 at 1:50 PM, Eclipse said:

I wish I could like this more then once.

You'd better remember this statement, Lucius is gleefully awaiting another follower...

On 9/27/2016 at 8:11 PM, Parker Barrows said:

Eh. He may get some lawyer-like ability, but if he's not a Mimic, Guardsman, or in Lucius's Factions, then he can't be used by him.

I think I'm going Ten Thunders for the Child. Giving her some Oni powers could be pretty awesome.

Ok, let me reformulate.

If Mr Lucius Mathiesen gets to have the possibility to hire the wide range of abilities of an awesome Werewolf Lawyer, then i'm gonna buy his excellence box and provide here proof.

• Like 1

Got my Man and Woman games in on Wednesday, vs. Thematic Ortegas and Dashel's Dozen.  Won both of them - the first game was the opponent's first time with Perdita, unfortunately, and he had a lot to learn.  The second was a close game, only barely squeaking it out - part of a campaign, and Dashel with Snares and 3 Guild Riflemen is a real threat.  Going to be getting my Inquisitive Child game in on Wednesday, and not looking forward to it - My opponent is an Outcasts player who's learned the wonders of Tara, and I still don't have a response to that.

• Like 1

Likewise. I have no sense of whether the wins I'm putting in are doing anything, unlike last year's Nythera where I was all excited to put in a win for a territory we were close in. If we got at least one 2 week win, that might boost the chances of us still having access to it via Infiltration (the Gentleman's instance makes him a candidate for the Foundry keyword, for example), but without any of those or knowing if we're maintaining a high enough win rate to stay close to the overall winner...man.

My local store is still running its campaign and I'm in it with 10T, so I'll keep throwing in all the wins I can, but the eagerness is starting to fade.

The story encounters are a bit better balanced this time, at least. The non-burial clause popped up in Paternity Test and we're not dancing through the minefield of Resser-friendly corpses for the trickster.

*drops a warden claw with less of a CLANG than a peacekeeper's claw makes*

I would challenge you for the woman, because mysterious tattoos sound cool, but I've got to go undo the damage of her last scenario and you probably should too, so I'll be challenging Ressers.

Actually, wait...

*drops a peacekeeper claw with a full-bodied CLANG*

I challenge Ten Thunders for the Man! Because control collar shenanigans are fun! I should know! I run sanctioned spellcasters. That 'killed OR sacrificed' kaboom clause has caught out a few devourers! And since he's got two separate faction wins their leads must be less, so I can challenge out of fun and not out of just trying to block another faction.

4 hours ago, Gnomezilla said:

I challenge Ten Thunders for the Man! Because control collar shenanigans are fun! I should know! I run sanctioned spellcasters. That 'killed OR sacrificed' kaboom clause has caught out a few devourers! And since he's got two separate faction wins their leads must be less, so I can challenge out of fun and not out of just trying to block another faction.

Actually, the two-week events only decide a win based on the effective wins reported for those two weeks. Then at the end, they total the total effective wins for each faction, for each character, and the faction with the most effective wins will have the character in their faction at some point.

That means it's entirely possible for a well-performing faction over the course of the event, to snatch one of the characters, even if they came in second every week. Just so long as the "winning" factions kept switching off and their effective total wins is below the persistently-second-place faction. 

So I just got to reading the new events for this new period and WOW.

I actually almost feel like people might pick 10T for the Man, just because it's so ridiculous, and honestly the rest of those didn't sound outrageously amazing.  I mean, imagine how much we don't win, and then consider all the Hamlin bait that @Mason is dangling in front of his Outcast minions that will probably never come to fruition :P

The Trickster is having a rough time though, her choices for flavors of new skins is not the most inspiring to me.  Although the Gremlin story for that is funny, if only because the Gremlins thought they could simply barter for self-resurrection?  Crazy Gremlins.

I like most of the outcomes for the Child though, THE LOVED ONE!  That is rather funny to me.  I actually want Toni to win for her, just because I adore Toni, but the 10T and the Kimono seems like it could be interesting, and heavens know if there is a new official teddy with a kimono, everyone wins :P