Divergent Paths: Ten Thunders Edition

Parker Barrows

2 hours ago, Pyrflamme said:

We still have to see what future weeks bring, as Wyrd might end up throwing us a curve ball and having them fit multiple aspects of a faction. I think the Darkened man is still the most intriguing one at present, as while we've seen Oiran and healing monks in our faction, a 10T Darkened is a new thing and could bring new elements to Lynch's play that we might not have seen before. 

Being 10T Darkened makes no difference to Lynch. But making him Darkened would mean even if he ends up, for example, a Gremlin, he is still able to be taken by Lynch. It's a win, even if we don't win situation.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Skitt_Happens said:

Being 10T Darkened makes no difference to Lynch. But making him Darkened would mean even if he ends up, for example, a Gremlin, he is still able to be taken by Lynch. It's a win, even if we don't win situation.

Which seems to be the Ten Thunders' thing - winning, even if we lose.

I will say, exactly what I'd worried would happen seems to be happening.  The Ten Thunders are so divided along the lines of their masters' gimmicks that even if we win, it's not a win for a lot of us.  I, like many earlier in the thread, wanted the Self-Righteous Man to be something of an upgraded Wastrel.  However, if I support him through the faction I'm actually representing, I'd be getting a Darkened character, which is a corner of the faction I have no interest in.  In order to get closer to what I want, I actually have to either stop playing 10T for a while, or deliberately lose to Guild players...which ties into 'winning even if we lose', I suppose.

• Like 2

Thumbs up for the above post.

I am up for a Darkened Henchman, though. Despite the fact that the best outcome out of all the stories is how he transforms into a werewolf... Arghh... Still, gotta pay my Debts. Actually, almost all his stories are good, only the Nephilim one is too generic, I guess?
The lady is also supremely amusing and I've really started to like what I read about her. Her stories are all good, too (only the Arcanist one is sooo boring). Another Last Blossom/Manipulative model would be great for the faction overall, perhaps? Going for her TT as well.
The kid, meh. I guess I have watched way too much anime to find something exciting here, except the Rooster part would be hilarious. Our own story for the chi healing is not bad, either - if she gets to learn some funky-a$$ Kung-Fu later. In this case I am actually debating whether to keep supporting our cause or to go Gremlin and test my smelly new pigs...

There are also some interesting choices that we could make - for example, if we feel like we are going to play bad (or decide to purposefully drop it) we can declare another faction and win some by losing (kudos to the above post again). It's not like we are good at infiltrating all other factions and using them for our own gains, right? :D
Regardless, the best strategy for the faction? Declare TT on all games, win all games ;)

8 hours ago, Valgaav said:

Which seems to be the Ten Thunders' thing - winning, even if we lose.

I will say, exactly what I'd worried would happen seems to be happening.  The Ten Thunders are so divided along the lines of their masters' gimmicks that even if we win, it's not a win for a lot of us.  I, like many earlier in the thread, wanted the Self-Righteous Man to be something of an upgraded Wastrel.  However, if I support him through the faction I'm actually representing, I'd be getting a Darkened character, which is a corner of the faction I have no interest in.  In order to get closer to what I want, I actually have to either stop playing 10T for a while, or deliberately lose to Guild players...which ties into 'winning even if we lose', I suppose.

That's pretty standard for most factions. A werewolf isn't necessarily going to fit into a Raspy or Kaeris crew.

Fire abilities favor one or two Arcanists far more than others.

I'll be playing the Trickster scenario later today. Since starting Ten Thunders I've been wanting a Last-Blossom Enforcer that could help the LB minions' attack actions. Hopefully the coming bout will make that one step closer to reality.

With the chaos of blind deployment, I'm thinking of going with Misaki and her crew box, more or less. I only have Misaki and Yan Lo with associated models and a sprinkling of generic TT minions, so I'm thinking the ancestors are too slow to risk being spread out. Smoke and Shadows, and the generally high mobility of the Last-Blossom models, as well as their independence from each other, should be more suited to the task at hand.

I'll let you know how it turns out! : ) 

I took the Trickster against the Viktorias and a bunch of the Barrows Gang. Man, Blind Deployment is crazy against the Viktorias.. but luckily Vik of Blood started within Ototo's 3" range!

That, along with Chiaki interacting all she could with the Trickster from a position in cover, probably won me the game.

• Like 1

Lost a chance at the Man. Was doing really strong against Marcus, but a bad choice on taking out myranda left him with an out: last SS to flip a severe and keep her alive. Of course he did, activated her, charged in, then popped a cerberus and the game went downhill fast from there :(

But I made up for it with a child win against So'mer.