Divergent Paths: Ten Thunders Edition

Parker Barrows

Self-righteous man? I want to see his corruption. Not by Neverborn or Rezzers, but by good old fashion crime syndicates. What about other people? What are other Ten Thunder players looking at?

NOTE: You'll see me posting similar stuff on other Factions' forums because focus-firing on a certain character will likely get one, so I'll be supporting a faction for each character. Thus, my interest in figuring out what character is being targeted by what factions, so I can join the most interesting one.

That's probably a good way to start, but I don't think it would last long term. I think there's a possibility of a faction spreading themselves too thin and while getting wins, not getting a character because their wins were spread over different characters since each faction can win one a round. That's my two cents anyways.

Though honestly, it wouldn't surprise me if that's how it starts, then after a few rounds, the factions will focus more on what they think they have the better chance of winning.

Indeed, I believe that the start of the event will be the 'feeling ground' where everyone gets to test to see how it goes and will then continue to support a character (or two with a back-up) from this point onward. It might be a small waste of resources, but why not reach out to all potential agents and see how it goes? Fate works in funny ways for those lurking in the shadows :)
In addition, after we have a clear vision of which character we are going to pursue (and who our main competitors are, for that matter) I will be able to support another character with a second faction without conflicting with my true allegiance :P

I think any of them would work well as 10T Sheep, although we shouldn't overlook the possibility of 10T Darkened as well. Of the three, I think the lady is perhaps the most interesting. We already have similar models in the gentleman, and I'm not sure I feel like the child really goes in anywhere, although "inquisitive" could easily turn into "spy". Or maybe something related but not-as-expected, like a mechanical prodigy that can tune up our constructs.

I flipped through the encounters at lunch.

From what I can see,  if we win the character this cycle, the child would become a healer.

The Man would gain brilliance 

And The Woman would become linked to the Oiran.

With this knowledge,  I fully support the Man with child as a secondary.

We still have to see what future weeks bring, as Wyrd might end up throwing us a curve ball and having them fit multiple aspects of a faction. I think the Darkened man is still the most intriguing one at present, as while we've seen Oiran and healing monks in our faction, a 10T Darkened is a new thing and could bring new elements to Lynch's play that we might not have seen before. 

1 minute ago, tomjoad said:

There's no strategizing or anything to do though; just play all three encounters, we'll win them all because 10T is bestest, and that'll be that.

It is more about building a priority list to me. I rarely get more than 1 game a week so it would be nice to know which characters I should be shooting for and which to let pass. 

I'm kind of torn between Guild and 10T for the Woman and the Child, but the Man I think I'm more interested in turning into a Werewolf than another patron of the Honeypot. As unexciting as it is, I like the idea of the child being taken in by monks, and I'm not averse to the Trickster going down a path with the ninja ladies.

I dropped in here to chat strategy and already like where this is going.

From what I'm seeing Outcasts are going hard after the Trickster thinking she can become a sister for the Viks. I see Neverborn and Gremlins fighting over the child.

We have the chance to make the Self Righteous Man BRILLIANT. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Auswin said:

From what I'm seeing Outcasts are going hard after the Trickster thinking she can become a sister for the Viks. I see Neverborn and Gremlins fighting over the child.

I could say that this plan of attack is...brilliant?

1 hour ago, Auswin said:

Arcanists are also very fond of the idea of making the man a werewolf.