Divergent Paths: Rezzer Edition

Parker Barrows

Won by only 1 point difference against Mah Tucket, but Seamus wanted to talk to the new girl in town, and nothing stops him from doing that, especially no Gremlin with such bad taste regarding headwear.^^

Blind deplyoment can lead to really awkward situations on the board.... :P

• Like 1

Trickster victory for the Ressers! Yay!

Keep it up, looks like we might get a mini version of the doppleganger if we win the next event with her. Or at least some version of shapeshifting. =)

Like the idea of the child, but we know we are ahead for the trickster, so I'm gonna keep pushing for her!

Good job everyone! 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, MalifauxMartin said:

Yeah, I played for the Child in game 1 but will switch across to the Trickster now. Her story was really good, I want to see how her relationship with the good Doctor pans out.

This is true. That sort of encounter unwound exactly how I always imagined it would, with McMourning. ;)

1 hour ago, TheJoyInGaming said:

So i just read the SRM for weeks 3 and 4 and i just can't even... My two favorite masters are Pandora and Reva and they are both competing for him in the same week. If i support him that is one vote NOT for the Trickster though... decisions...

Win both SRM and Trickster. You contribute equally to both as far as gaining points. We can only win one, but there's no reason not to support all three so we can do more to get one at the end.

BTW Reva is GG for Trickster's strategy this period?...you literally defend corpse markers by pitching them via your attacks....Meanwhile you run all the people who can generate corpses and you get them on your cards, score with the Trickster and GG? Ressers in general seem overpowered in this, but maybe I'm missing something? Or Molly, who generates corpses like candy. 

Oh dear---I want the inquisitive child because Molly's in the victory fluff...and it's incredibly cutsey in the classic Resser fashion.

Anyway here's a thought for Reva players, though you can duplicate some of the effect by playing Seamus.

Master: Reva with Guises of Death, Blood Mark, Littany/Decaying Aura, 4SS starting

Crew: Mortimer with MLH and Corpse Bloat, Carrion Emissary with MLH, 3x Shield Bearers, 1x Nurse

Deploy the candle closest to you so it can more or less guarantee it won't get killed right away. Carrion Emissary throws up shards to keep the candle safe, or blows MLH to prevent enemy model movement to trickster--main goal is keep the candle alive while protecting your future medicated shield bearers. Nurse gives two shield bearers Mask trigger--+2Wk and can only walk or take interacts. Mortimer activates, uses MLH to pull out two spleens, stoning for prevention so he reduces damage and gives shield bearers fast. He can double walk forward and get behind cover so he doesn't die right away--hopefully chatty aura is affecting a 1" radius around Trickster Marker. 2x shield bearers activate to pick up the two corpse markers Mortimer dropped, walk forward, and pick up the other two markers you initially place--Carrion Emissary gives them +1Wk for 8Wk total, so they can pick up the second set of markers easily. Depending on opponent's activation order and movement, Reva should activate to attack through the corpse markers the opponent deployed on his/her side of the table--generally won't have Wk 6 on models, so most models will take double walk to get to the marker or will require a push effect before activation--Reva during that time should be able to attack through one or both--just need to hit so you can discard the marker to built in crow trigger. Reva should summon a corpse candle within 6 of the third shield bearer, who should walk, pick up the corpse candle as a corpse marker, and walk again to be closer to the trickster model.

End of Turn 1 will result in 5 corpse markers on your model cards within ~6.5" of the trickster model--just under 25" from closest point in corner to the trickster marker, medicated shield bearers walk 8, putting you at 20", well within range to walk and double interact with a fast from someone without meds Turn 2. The third shield bearer should, if it has fast should pick up the free corpse candle from guises of death and run to somewhere safe, or just walk, dump corpse #5, and move for fighting/scheming. Reva can get the last one with her built in corpse candle summon, getting you 6VP Turn 2. If you do that, then even though you're probably hurting for positioning and SS, having used 2 to get 6 VP in two turns, you can now ensure your opponent doesn't get any VP on the strategy, meaning you get a tie or the win depending on whether you can get at least 1 point on your schemes. Mortimer aura will stop everyone from interacting with trickster, along with blowing up any errant corpse markers--Reva can do the same with her built in triggers. By the end of this you'll have 2/3 Mindless zombies, which you can pick up to deny your opponent or force them to dump AP into killing and picking up (while risking Reva and Mortimer retaliation), and you will more or less have the ability to funnel people where you want with shards of kythera. Nurse should at some point heal Mortimer and accomplice him to get rid of the paralyze at the cost of him doing virtually nothing turn 2--alternatively have him do stuff, hope he doesn't die, then paralyze him for no action turn 3. 

Not sure how feasible the above is, but seems like an interesting thought since Reva and Mortimer can literally deny your opponent his/her strategy VP for the most part. Mostly Mortimer because of Chatty, but yeah. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, aquenaton said:

Which master would you use to play for the man? Maybe mcmourning for the flesh construct injections?

I'd be tempted to run Molly, just keep throwing Drowned into any enemies that come near the Wolf Beast to weaken and tie up the opponent's crew, dropping Schemes when they die. Add Philip to limit the Schemes the opponent can place and turn them into Corpses as needed. Maybe Jaakuna for extra Drowned synergy. Kirai and Nicodem could both do similar variations on that theme.

Reva would also be cute, relying on Corpse generation (maybe take Mortimer for Chatty and Dismember?) and Look Upon My Works to ensure enough Schemes end up near the Beast. She can threaten any enemies that come into the Beast's area while staying out of its reach, and her Shieldbearers can drop both a Corpse to Look Upon and a Scheme when they die.

I'm not sure that anyone can compete with Titania at the Rampage scenario, though...

• Like 1

Sure you can. Titania generates 3 scheme markers assuming she uses her first attack, and can generate additional markers up to what your team's model count within pulse 6 is. But, pulse requires LoS and Titania has to reach melee the traditional way barring she hires someone to push, e.g. Mr. Graves. Shards of Kythera should let you score 6 VP over 5 turns, probably 2 turns with a scheme marker gimmick. 

It's worth noting that because all of these strategies give you 6 VP, you can basically run a crew that gimmicks the scoring mechanic in Turns 1 and 2, then just choose a scheme that can get you 1 point in the center, and you can ensure a tie or a win if you can ensure the other team won't really get the strategy. Harder to do on the SRM, but it's much easier on the trickster, which we should all be going for to min max our chances of winning.

For the child, play Bete for her to carry one of your fabrics. Master gets one, so play a master that's really hard to kill, e.g. Seamus, Reva, or one of the summoners, and then pick a model that's very difficult to kill without multiple models focusing it. Alternatively, run all minions, purposefully kill it, pop out bete, have her pick it up, and rebury to secure at least 2 of the markers on herself for the remainder of the game barring you play against someone with attacks against buried models.

While people are talking about playing for the child or SRM, we should all try to win the Trickster before playing them if possible. We get additive points for winning games, so winning a game in Trickster doesn't stop us from winning SRM this period--we can influence both and whichever has more points at the end is the one we "win" as a model. 

TL;DR Please play Trickster if you can only play one game, because it'll do more for Ressers as a faction. If you can get two games, play both Trickster and your favorite scenario, if it's not Trickster.

Congrats for winning this encounter! From the Trickster's outcomes for the second week I only like the Resser one... Skinwalking... Sounds pretty rad. I will probably switch Yan Lo's allegiance to the undead hordes this Trickster round. Also, he or another crew member can drop a Corpse Marker in base contact every turn with an upgrade, I think that was Corpse Bloat?

Just a note that just occurred to me, which I stated incorrectly earlier. 

We don't actually, at this moment, know we are ahead for the Trickster. Since Wyrd isn't, and I think wisely, releasing the game tracking data, we don't actually know exactly where we stand in regards to any of the individuals. It is entirely possible that NB, just as an example, won all three, and Arcanists came in second in all three. As the rules state a faction can't win multiple individuals, and the results will devolve to the next faction down the list if a faction does win multiples, there is no way to know exactly where anyone precisely stands.

To be fair it's equally likely that we won all 3, and we just won the Trickster by the most, but there is no way to know.

Personal opinion, if you want a particular model to ultimately join a faction at the end of the event, focus your A-Game on that individual all the time, and don't be tempted to try to get one ability here, and one ability there, because you'll never know where in the standings that model actually is.

If you don't actually care who get what, and the most interesting story you can make for each individual is all you care about, irrespective of where that individual ultimately lands, I think then is when you should bounce around between individuals.

For myself, it's Trickster for Ressers! All Trickster, all Green!

@aquenaton  I thought that initially as well, and time may prove it, but on second thought, I'm not sure. Don't forget while Corpses are starting the game in play, it does give every model on the board the ability to effectively destroy corpses too. If you are using the corpses to power your abilities it will be hard to get them to the trickster, and if the opponent isn't using them, with a properly built crew, they can easily destroy them. I'd give an edge to ressers in the scenario, probably especially when using Reva, but I'm not certain its more than a slight edge.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Fetid Strumpet said:

We don't actually, at this moment, know we are ahead for the Trickster. Since Wyrd isn't, and I think wisely, releasing the game tracking data, we don't actually know exactly where we stand in regards to any of the individuals. It is entirely possible that NB, just as an example, won all three, and Arcanists came in second in all three. As the rules state a faction can't win multiple individuals, and the results will devolve to the next faction down the list if a faction does win multiples, there is no way to know exactly where anyone precisely stands.

From Aaron " I know that when I left on Friday the Outcasts were ahead on the trickster, but as of Monday morning they'd fallen behind. It was a difference of five or six wins. "

Sounds like you legitimately earned it, but the race overall was close.

As an additional thought for an edge for Ressers, Vincent might be more useful here than I thought.

His upgrade gives him from the Shadows and a Nino push. From the Shadows him within 6" of at least one of the corpse markers--this may put him in danger, but it's ok because he's unlikely to die Turn 1 between SS, decent defensive stats, and his push trigger.

Have him activate first and declare a ram suit. Use his 0 and discard one of your opponent's corpse markers to make the TN suits and see if the 0 goes off. If it does, great, if not, oh well. Use his first AP to shoot at something within 10"--your opponent very likely has a model that is within 10" of the corpse marker so he/she can get to it or pick it up Turn 1. Vincent shoots at the target and discards the 2nd corpse marker to get the ram on his shot--doesn't matter if it hits. If your opponent placed the corpse markers far apart, Vincent can attempt to walk and shoot--He can discard a corpse marker within 6" and LoS of himself for his ability, so he has effectively an effective 11.1811" range for discarding both corpse markers on Turn 1 and doing some damage. The above assumes you don't use Reva to do the same thing or some other trick.

I won my trickster game last night using Reva, and between Vincent and Reva, my opponent could only pick up 1 corpse marker by sitting Phiona on top of it and picking it up Turn 3--she could never actually drop it on the Trickster though, because of Reva's 3" engagement range smothering the Trickster.

In the future strategies I think a fair balance might be decreasing the max strategy VPs to 5. It prevents masters that synergize particularly well with the VP mechanics from forcing a win or tie situation in the first couple turns. I would love if Ressers got a model, particularly the Trickster, but I want both my opponent and myself to have fun. I played a box v box match on the Trickster, so I couldn't pull the Carrion Emissary/Mortimer combo, but when I explained it to my Nellie opponent, both he and I agreed it would probably be a NPE--I'd only need 1 VP between my schemes to ensure I won the game, and we would know the situation half way through Turn 2. 

So I won a Trickster game for Ressers today with Reva. Starting with 4 corpse markers on the board? Yes please! lol

Between the Emissary and Reva making Candles it was really easy to get enough corpses where i wanted them. Plus the crew has so many ways of removing unwanted corpses from near the enemy with triggers.

I think the most amusing image from the game though was when a Shieldbearer was killed near the Trickster, so she picked up HER OWN BODY and handed it over!:D

• Like 7

Just lost a game for the man. Molly vs Nellie, plant explosives and spring the trap in the scheme pool. Was a hard fight and close till the end. Lost 11-12 because he was able to deny me one VP for spring the trap in his last activation of the game. 

What really messed me up was the freaking werewolf! Tried to lure him out of Nellie's marker minefield but all he did was attacking models I didn't want him to. Beat my Emissary down to hard to wound and because of stupid mood swings the bird was shot by an Austringer. Crazy game! I'm looking forward to get the Trickster on our side. 

• Like 1