Divergent Paths: Rezzer Edition

Parker Barrows

After seeing the rules i think i am going to aim for the kid for Rezzers. Having a new model manipulating spirits or maybe a revenant will be interesting. Possible synergy with Reva and her crew either way. Though Neverborn is my second faction and having access to a small teddy seems interesting... 

• Like 1

Reva did well in Chaos Unleashed last night.  I mean aside from dying at the top of turn 2 due to the Mysterious Emissary repeatedly blasting her in the face.  Even with that, Reva is a strong choice for blind deployment and My Little Helper was great for dealing with being right next to your opponent on the first turn. 

• Like 1

Hoping to get a game in this weekend with the Child.  If my math is right, and terrain permitting, I should be able to get a fast Shieldbearer into interact range turn 1 with a Nurse and Blood Mark (Blood Mark for a 5" push, soulstone something for fast, Nurse gives her uppers, double walk and interact).  I'm thinking pf taking Guises of Death and using Reva to wipe out one cluster of stalkers before focussing back towards the centre, as well.

If anyone has thoughts to share, feel free.

• Like 1

I won the child scenario two days ago. My recommendation is to push the child back towards your deployment zone at an angle, and murder the hell out of one pair of Witchling Stalkers in turn 2 or 3. This way you're making the other pair of Stalkers take at least one extra turn to get to the child (buying you time) while you earn some VPs from killing Stalkers :) I played Molly and had Mortimer do the first turn 14" Crooligan trick to basically almost have all my models in the center of the board turn 1.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, clockworkspide said:

Hoping to get a game in this weekend with the Child.  If my math is right, and terrain permitting, I should be able to get a fast Shieldbearer into interact range turn 1 with a Nurse and Blood Mark (Blood Mark for a 5" push, soulstone something for fast, Nurse gives her uppers, double walk and interact).  I'm thinking pf taking Guises of Death and using Reva to wipe out one cluster of stalkers before focussing back towards the centre, as well.

If anyone has thoughts to share, feel free.

I used a very similar strategy to great effect. I had Reva focus on one group of stalkers while my Shieldbearer/Toshiro death bubble walked towards the center and right group of stalkers. 

• Like 1

On Saturday I won a game for the Lady, yesterday for the child. Played against Gremlins (Ulix) for the Lady, placed some cards outside of the center behind terrain and got lucky with a nice spot for Reva. A short report can be found in the learning to use Reva thread. 

Yesterday I played Reva against Guild (Lady J), getting up in VP on turn 2 by delivering a message with Vincent to Justice (I love his pushes!), killing 2 Witchlings with the Emissary and his blasts, denying most of the guild crew access to the middle of the board in the process by using Shards, and finally guiding the child into my deployment zone with 4 pushes (2 Shieldbearers and a Necropunk twice). This kind of settled the game because 6-0 is hard to recover from.

I hope to get in the final game on Thursday (gaming night). 

• Like 2

On the child scenario, barring terrain blocking the paths and/or LoS, the stalkers will walk into range of a normal belle lure--both of them. The stalkers walk 10" straight towards the child, and will be 7" displaced from your deployment zone (triangle math), so considering the 12" range of the corner deployment, you will be in range to lure all the stalkers between at least two belles. LoS is another matter and terrain may cause the stalkers to move differently.

If you have Sybelle with Not Too Banged up, the Stalkers walk 6" towards the luring belle, for up to 12" per belle activation. Four belles means there'll be 24" in of walking for each witchling stalker, putting them well within your own deployment zone for murder. Kill them all, score your schemes, and you guarantee at least a tie. Sacrifice everyone to deny at least 1VP to your opponent and you win the encounter.

For the self-righteous man, Seamus can back alley within 1" of the carriage provided there's qualifying terrain nearby with a 7 plus--doesn't necessarily need a tome because 6" deployment + 10" back alley gives 17.181" range, well within 1" of the carriage where it starts play Turn 1. Force Seamus to back alley with Sybelle comply and Seamus can activate to spring the man, displacing him just over 2" from the carriage, and can interact again to push him to just over 6" away towards your deployment zone. Seamus can use his remaining AP to shoot someone, hide, or walk towards the marker to do the same later. You miss out on the 2VP for springing the guy, but in two activations you've alpha striked the man and given yourself a great opportunity to secure 4VP while denying your opponent at least 1VP. Score your schemes in full and you win. 

3 minutes ago, Eclipse said:

Because you get the 2 VP if you spring him turn two or later only.

But do I have to spring him turn 1?

I think it depends on your opponent, it's good if I play against someone who can easily win initiative, but otherwise you could also try to sprjng him turn 2 I think.

But good advice nonetheless, nice writeup. :)

2 hours ago, Tris said:

But do I have to spring him turn 1?

I think it depends on your opponent, it's good if I play against someone who can easily win initiative, but otherwise you could also try to sprjng him turn 2 I think.

But good advice nonetheless, nice writeup. :)

You don't really HAVE to, you can choose to - also this way you can chain him all the way to your base or something and deny all VP from the strategy to your opponent.