Learning Malifaux via Vassal

Bazlord_Prime

So, it looks like there's a few folk asking around for intro games on Vassal, either to learn the Malifaux rules in lieu of ready opponents for a f2f game, or just cause they're new and want to test the waters.

@Captain Black; @Alessandro; @RedHood; @Morgy - hope you all don't mind me name-dropping, but since I've noticed a few of us non-competitive Vassal Acolytes popping up, i figured it'd make sense to see if we can make this a group thing to see if we can organise mutually agreeable times to meet online.

@Captain Black; @Alessandro@RedHood; @Morgy

• Like 2

Sry about the double-up there - technical issues on my phone.

Anyway, I've got enough experience with both Vassal and Malifaux now that I'm confident helping people out, but both are quite easy to learn so two starters helping each other out wouldn't be an issue either.

If you guys are keen, post below the sorts of times/days you might normally be available, and see what syncs up.

Full games: the occasional Tuesday, 2130 UTC (I'm in New Zealand). I generally play against Alessandro (till he gets sick of me!), but sometimes it may not work for him.

Tutorials: Weekdays except Wednesday, ~ 0430 UTC - could do about an hour, just showing the ropes.

Does that help anyone? :-)

This is a great idea. I've actually had an intro game with asrian who did a brilliant job of not only teaching me how to play Malifaux but how to use Vassal. Obviously I have only had the one game so I'm still very much in need of practice.

I am free Monday, Wednesday and Saturday this coming week between the hours of 1pm-8pm BST. If you PM me with a time and day we can arrange something. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

A friend (in Melbourne) and I (in Switzerland) would be interested in a Vassal tutorial. If anyone would be interested please contact. Would a tutorial with three people (two newbies, one tutor) make sense or should it be 1:1? Time would probably be early morning/late evening CET or AEDT. We could start after 19 December.

edit: we are not tech savvy and have only little Malifaux experience. But we are sharp as f*&k. ;)

• 2 months later...

Looking to learn the game via Vassal and currently waiting for stock of The Dreamer crew box in my local store before I can use physical models. Does Vassal require me to have the physical stats cards in order to play or is there a way to view them in the module? If not ill probably just wait until my box arrives. Thanks

5 minutes ago, TeddysDayOut said:

Looking to learn the game via Vassal and currently waiting for stock of The Dreamer crew box in my local store before I can use physical models. Does Vassal require me to have the physical stats cards in order to play or is there a way to view them in the module? If not ill probably just wait until my box arrives. Thanks

You'll need to get the stats separately. You can get them with crew boxes or in the big rulebooks (the Dreamer's crew box is in Crossroads).