Reva's Strength of the Fallen

TheTrans

Question

Hey Gang,

Just wondering how this should be correctly played with Reva's Strength of the Fallen.

It Reads: When performing an Attack, if this model is not Engaged, this model may draw LoS and measure range for Ca Attacks from Corpse Markers within 18" and LoS. This Ability is ignored when determining Engagement.

So the question is, and the way I presume it is meant to be played, is you essentially play it as the corpse marker is a Ht3, 30mm Reva that is attacking, would that be correct? As a height 0 model wouldn't be able to do or see shit, would that be correct?

Cheers,

Nick

9 answers to this question

LoS is always symmetrical. If the target model can see the Marker, the Marker can see the target.

If you want to be really anal there is no rule saying that LoS is symmetrical. Also, markers can't draw LoS, only models can.

That being said, Ht 0 isn't a problem. Even Ht -17 isn't a problem. It just means that the thingy can't really ignore any intervening models or terrain when drawing LoS to something of similar Ht.

Can Ht 0 see anything?

LoS is solely based on the taller of the two models involved (vantage point modifies this a bit). So unless the target is Ht 3+ itself it will have a little easier to hide from Ht 0 than Ht 3, but on most terrain it wont matter much as the ranges are pretty short. When facing a mainly Ht 1 crew on a board with a lot of scatter terrain it would be the most noticeable.

If you want to be really anal there is no rule saying that LoS is symmetrical. Also, markers can't draw LoS, only models can.

If you want to be really anal, there doesn't need to be a rule explicitly saying LoS is symmetrical - it's an intrinsic property of the manner in which LoS is determined. And I used the common-language "see" rather than the game term "draw LoS" in relation to Markers, to convey a concept rather than a strict rule definition. If it helps, I was going for an "If you gaze long into the abyss, the abyss also gazes into you" vibe. :)

If you want to be really anal, there doesn't need to be a rule explicitly saying LoS is symmetrical - it's an intrinsic property of the manner in which LoS is determined. And I used the common-language "see" rather than the game term "draw LoS" in relation to Markers, to convey a concept rather than a strict rule definition. If it helps, I was going for an "If you gaze long into the abyss, the abyss also gazes into you" vibe. :)

In Soviet Russia the marker watches you.

• Like 3