Gertfaux 3 - 25th February 2017 - Bristol [CANCELLED]

MunkeyKungFu

Gertfaux is back for it's 3rd mystical outing :-)

If after reading this pack you have any questions, please contact me on retromunkey@gmail.com. Alternatively you can contact the TO directly on twitter @munkeykungfu or through the Wyrd (Munkeykungfu) 

Venue information

Gertfaux will be held at Bristol Independent Gaming, 16 Clothier road, Brislington trading estate, Bristol, BS4 5PS. FREE Parking is available on site

Tickets

There are 32 tickets available and are priced as follows:

·         £15

Payment is to be sent to retromunkey@gmail.com via PayPal. Please mark payments as ‘Friends and family".

Please include your Name, Gaming club, contact email address and the name of the event you are paying for 

Timetable

9:00

Arrival and Registration

09:30 – 09:45

Introductions

09:45 – 11:30

Round 1

11:45 – 13:30

Round 2

13:30 – 14:15

Lunch

14:15 – 16:00

Round 3

16:15 – 18:00

Round 4

18:15

Awards & Close

Crew Construction

·         This event is a fixed Faction event

·         Games will be 50SS

Schemes & Strategies
As with previous years, Strategies and Schemes will be announced 2 weeks prior to the event.

What you need to bring

·         Your models (See Painting below)

·         All required model and upgrade cards (PDF print outs are not permitted)

·         Rulebook / FAQ

·         Fate Deck, Tape Measure, relevant scheme / faction specific markers

·         Glue

·         Tray (for carrying your army from table to table)

·         Deodorant (This should go without saying!)

Prizes

Prizes will be awarded as follows:

·         1st Place

·         2nd Place

·         3rd Place

·         Best in Faction

·         Wooden Spoon

Painting Requirements

Models should be fully painted and based. Non painted models are not permitted.

Proxies

Proxies are allowed for this event. Models however should be a clear representation of the model they are replacing, should not be an existing malifaux model to confuse opponents all proxies MUST be cleared with the TO before the event.

Round Allocation

Round 1 will be paired randomly, aiming to avoid club pairings. If there are club groups attending please ensure you inform us when paying to avoid any pairing issues. If you do not add your club during payment you may end up paired with a club mate.

After round 1, players will be paired with opponents with similar TP scores. For rounds 2 onwards players will be paired against opponents with similar TP, and VP differences.

Round timings

Each round will last for 1hr 45 minutes. Announcements will be made when there are 1hr remaining and 30 minutes remaining.

Fifteen minutes before the time limit “Last Turn” will be called to inform players that they should complete the Turn they are on. Players should make every effort to play this final turn completely. No new turn may be started after this call is made, even if the players feel that they could complete another turn.

If the players do not complete the current turn before the end of the rounds allocated time, “Last Activation” will be called to inform players to finish the current model's activation then and then resolve the Turn’s End Phase before the end of the Encounter.

Scoring

At the end of each round, players will record the outcome of their game and submit it to the TO. Players will score the overall outcome as well as the total Victory points scored.

Scoring will be as follows:

·         Win – 3 Tournament Points [TP]

·         Tie – 1 TP

·         Loss – 0 TP

In the event of a player conceding, they will score -3 TP for that round, award their opponent a win with maximum Victory Points [VP] and be ineligible for all trophies.

Position Tiebreakers will be determined by:

1.       Total TP

2.       Victory Point Difference (Total VP scored minus total VP scored by opponents)

3.       Total VP scored

Sportsmanship

Malifaux is designed to be fun for all players. Players are expected to behave civilly and respectfully at all times.

When asked, players should provide the information and statistics for models as well as any relevant additional public information. Players must be open and honest about the rules of their models. Activations should be played in a timely manner, players should not waste time.  

Warning System

Players are given a single warning when the TO judges their behaviour toward other players or the TO to be unacceptable. If the behaviour persists, and the TO determines the player to be a disruption to the tournament, it is within the TO’s authority to disqualify the player from the tournament. Don’t be that player.

Cheating

There is zero tolerance for cheating (other than Cheating Fate, which is, of course, encouraged). If the TO determines that a player is cheating, the player will be immediately disqualified from the tournament.

PAID

1. Keith Robinson
  2. Russell Shea(Hemel Hempstead Wargamers)
  3. Sean Wheeliker (Hemel Hempstead Wargamers)
  • Like 1

On Sunday, September 11, 2016 at 1:51 PM, Paulie1976 said:

Would this be a good tourney for a rookie?? Been playing for a year or so but never played in a tournament - thoughts??

I think you'd be fine. Everybody was really friendly last year.

Hopefully I can make this again though it clashes with Six Nations again this year goddammit! 

17 hours ago, Paulie1976 said:

Thanks @feagaur and @jonahmaul. Glad I wouldn't the first newbie at gertfaux anyway. May give it a go and hope I don't piss anyone off ?

Interestingly, Gertfaux 2 was my first tournament too, and I expressed the same concerns over upsetting my opponents.  As I recall, I was worried that I might be wasting their time, by not being stiff enough competition.

As it turns out, there was nothing to worry about; everybody was fantastically kind and friendly (as they have been in every Malifaux tournament that I have attended since), and I now regularly play against, and travel to tournaments with, people that I met at this event last year.

My advice is to go for it - I seriously doubt you'll regret it.

Oh, and nobody minded that I wasn't very stiff competition ;)

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 13/10/2016 at 10:15 AM, MunkeyKungFu said:

Apologies to the 3 who have paid however this event has been cancelled now due to family issues. I shall issue refunds shortly to you :( 

Sorry to hear that. I hope it all gets sorted and although I hadn't bought a ticket, i'd have been up for it. Shame.