Painters Challenge 2016 - SEPTEMBER

Vaiuri

As I'm out of the country for most of September I thought I'd start this thread now - so don't panic, August isn't over yet!

This is the thread for SEPTEMBER.

Feel free to use this thread to post WIP photos (if you so desire), get feedback, trade ideas and hobby tips as we forge a path through September.

When you have completed your pledge, feel free to post it, but I'd like everyone to post at the start of OCTOBER with their completed pledge photo and stone value for SEPTEMBER - this will make it a lot easier for me to keep track of where everyone is up to.  Plus, we get to start off subsequent months with some inspirational posts of what people have gotten up to the month before :D  You can also PM me with your completed pledge if you like, and I'll add it to our tracker (to be updated!).

Many thanks for your patience as I've been a bit tardy with starting these posts the last couple of months.  Also, a big welcome to the folks who are just joining us - I'm really looking forward to seeing your models!

• Like 1

Here are my finished mannequins and Oxfordian Mage for August.  This was my first real attempt at non-metallic metal, and has convinced me that i I need to watch some tutorials on this technique.  I am sold on this instead of using metallic paint, but need to practice. 

This is 2 x 4 SS for the mannequins = 8 SS. 

large.August2016_Mannequins_OxMage_Done.jpg

For September I will paint 3 flying monkeys, and finish up the slate ridge mauler, now that it has an upgrade to make it worth adding to a Marcus crew.

I am now sold on using natural outdoor light to take photographs.  I think these photos came out much better than my previous ones.

Cheers all.

large.Sept2016_3Monkeys_SLR_primed.jpg

• Like 3

PC16_Aug_zpseapmf0yq.jpg

In August I completed

• 3 The Drowned - 18 SS
  • 3 Malifaux Raptors - 9 SS

For a total of 27 SS

I then spent two weeks to finish my Large Arachnids and the Mobile Toolkit, so they slipped into September... :P In addition to those I have Take back the night, Union Miners and Night Terrors in the queue.

Closeups.

• Like 5

19 hours ago, RustAndTheCity said:

Viruk, I'm hoping to paint the neverborn starter models too. I've got them all assembled. We'll see though. I really want to paint miss fire when my order finally arrives.

In fact I've already painted them. You can see pics here. These will be for a friend.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/31/2016 at 10:59 PM, RustAndTheCity said:

large.received_10100609226563106.jpeg

Okay. Google photos keeps changing and seems to be troublesome to embed. I'll just use the gallery on here. So here they are...

The doctors are for a painting competition next week.

I saw this at Attack X.  I knew it looked familiar when I saw it tonight and I figured your location made sense.   What was the final result?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, WallieD said:

I saw this at Attack X.  I knew it looked familiar when I saw it tonight and I figured your location made sense.   What was the final result?

I was fortunate to finish first in squad with this entry. There were lots of great entries this year. Then I got to play with them in henchman hardcore on the Sunday. :-)

• Like 1

Hello everybody,

I would like to show you what I've managed to paint so far this month. Here are a hunter and the mechanical attendant: 

20160920_192751_zpstdzozg3y.jpg

The light on the picture is pretty bad. I'm sorry for this. I should definitely have my own "studio". I'm curious to know which box @Viruk and @RustAndTheCity use to take their pictures. What do you guys use?

• Like 3