Carrion emissary with Nico- Im going to need to buy some more mindless zombies!

Anung Un Rama

Just about to undercoat my carrion emissary and I am keen to get him going with nico. Between them I think I can get a shiteload of Mindless zombies out. Thinkng about something like this

Nicodem- maniacal laugh, undertaker

Mortimer- corpse bloat

carrion emissary- conflux of death

bete noire- decaying aura

2 rotten belles

I figure there are enough corpse markers around for Nico to summon what is needed for strats and schemes. What do you think?

I'd go:

Nicodem- maniacal laugh, undertaker

Mortimer- corpse bloat, my little Helper

carrion emissary- My little Helper

bete noire- Unnerving aura

2 rotten belles

Vulture

6ss cache

If you play Recon you can have the Emissary in 1 table quarter and Nico & Morty in the other, and fly the Vulture over so Nico can draw LoS through the Vulture to use the Mindless Zombies as Summon fuel (will need to keep within 12" though)  from the Shards of Kythera. 

Have both Mortimer and the Carrion use My little helper on turn 1 to draw 2 cards and use an additional Zero that turn so Emissary will do Shards x 2 and Mortimer will rip out his spleen twice. That will accelerate the summon engine and make it more useful (at the cost of a much more wounded Mortimer) because you'll be able to summon models in sooner so they will have more AP to wreck havoc. 

By the End of Turn 1 you should have 3 Mindless Zombies/Summons near Nico, and 2 Mindless Zombies near the Emissary and Vulture.

• Like 1

Little Helper grants a Mindless Zombie when the upgrade holder dies, and it also allows you to once per game do 2 zero actions. 

Nurses have there place but with a summon engine like this you can go for quantity and not worry about the quality (health).  Personally I'm not a fan of Bete Noire so I wouldn't take her. I kept her in that list because you wanted to add stuff. 

Bete noir has a place, she just doesn't go incredibly well with standard resser tactics. She essentially imposes a 1 card 10+ tax on your hand from bringing her along. That can be rough for a lot of resser masters. Seamus hates it because his most powerful attack action can only be done once per turn, so you pretty much have to use your best cards for it, or it isn't worth taking the action. He also, as well as some other resser masters wants the high cards to help summon. Once you drain the likely actions Resser masters want to take that require having a high card, needing that extra 10+ is a tough sell. I'm not underselling the needs of other factions for high cards, but take a master like Perdita, if you don't have a massive high card in hand it isn't as big a deal because you can take your really good attack action up to 3 times, and trust to getting lucky at least once off the top of the deck, and very few of her actions require a specific high TN card to take bread and butter actions they take. And if not, that is a massive drain in high cards from the opponent's hand, letting your other models potentially do better. Which is why I think Bete is generally better with Masters like Tara, and especially Reva, who don't rely on multiple high cards to do specific actions, and or can do multiple actions in ways that they can at least trust to some luck from the deck.

I don't use Nurses or even Belles in all lists. I'm not often a big fan of nurses in all lists. Personally, I'm not sold on the Carrion Emissary for Nicodem. I do like the Zombie getting placed, and I like all the other things he brings, but he isn't undead, so no synergy otherwise with Nicodem, and he doesn't drop a corpse. I personally think if you are building a Nicodem list, I'd only go with Mortimer, or the Carrion Emissary, but not both. But that's me personally. I'm a big fan of Izamu and the Dead Rider with him.

• Like 2

Nurses do best when you have some way to move them around. Nurses want to be using their buffs and trying to get into cover (they are not hard for any sniper models to remove) so with their walk 4 they can often struggle to be in range AND be safe from being shot or stabbed to death. Jack Daw and McMourning always bring nurses sure, but both of those guys do so because they can easily manipulate the nurses into the positions they want early in the game, sot he nurses dont have to waste time with walk actions.

I've been pretty underwhelmed by Bête Noire in my games with her. She needs to be constantly threatening the opponent's valuable Living models to be a worthwhile investment, and her impact on the game is not that great except for the occasional lucky Paralyze of a key model, which can be game-changing. I find her performance variance way too high for my liking, given the drain she puts on your resources. 

• Like 1