Divergent Paths - Global Event

Lucidicide

So, it all sounds pretty intriguing. I like the way this looks, even if we don't get faction crew tags. Although maybe we can just use the faction forums to try and choose a character to push for. The two adults look like they both might easily become Black Sheep, so I might wind up supporting McCabe as 10T instead of fully Guild...

Just to be clear, are Vassal games still allowed to be reported? It'll affect whether I have time to play one game or all three for each event.

2 hours ago, asrian said:

@Izzinatah

Though I'm not a gremlin player nor ever plan to be, it would be interesting if one of the above gained enough gremlin wins/traits that the final outcome was an artistic change over to gremlins. I'm just picturing the lady as another female gremlin, or the gentleman with the top hand and monocle as a gremlin (though the gentle would then be a skinny version of Som'er :P )

I don't think that will happen if I understand it right. These characters are made and this is how they start out. As a faction wins, they will change, but they won't become new characters (ie, they'll most likely stay human, other than maybe changes we've already seen such as Black Blood infection). Likely, a human who joins them will be like Gluttony or McTavish.

1 hour ago, Knight of Blue said:

I'm kind of interested in the Spread of the Factions ATM, (still trying to decide who I want to represent) My local meta seems to have jumped aboard the Neverborn train with little intention of getting off it. But also Seems to thing 10T will be the underrepresented faction overall.

They'll get Thunderstruck.

Oh, and the wins are divided by the number of players so as to facilitate against behemoth factions like Guild and Arcanists. Quality will win more ;)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Knight of Blue said:

I'm kind of interested in the Spread of the Factions ATM, (still trying to decide who I want to represent) My local meta seems to have jumped aboard the Neverborn train with little intention of getting off it. But also Seems to thing 10T will be the underrepresented faction overall.

Most people don't play 10T.

It's easier to be the pawn... than the mastermind.  :mellow:

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Eclipse said:

They'll get Thunderstruck.

Oh, and the wins are divided by the number of players so as to facilitate against behemoth factions like Guild and Arcanists. Quality will win more ;)

Ah fair enough, I'd still be interested in seeing the spread before it really starts kicking off.

37 minutes ago, Tawg said:

Most people don't play 10T.

I see this a lot, but I find it strange considering my meta currently has 5 10T players in it. maybe we're the exception rather than the rule.

Don't get me wrong I love my neverborn, I played a grow list last week with the intention of playing it again sunday, but When I see a bunch of people queuing up to represent one faction I kinda want to play something different.

Edited by Knight of Blue
Needed to delete a qute box.

1 minute ago, Knight of Blue said:

I see this a lot, but I find it strange considering my meta currently has 5 10T players in it. maybe we're the exception rather than the rule.

I dunno, I don't have a local meta :(  But I play 10T, and I don't know anyone else who does personally :P

Just now, Tawg said:

I dunno, I don't have a local meta :(  But I play 10T, and I don't know anyone else who does personally :P

About the same as me. My local meta has been me and one other for the past 2 years. He plays Ressers...I play 4 different factions (all but Guild, Gremlins, and 10T though 10T are next in line starting in 2017). I do play a lot of vassal games though, so I have faced anything and everything over the course of my stint in Malifaux at least.

Just now, Tawg said:

But I play 10T, and I don't know anyone else who does personally

I've been going full speed into other factions since learning the game. <spoiler>I blame the dual factions making crossover relatively painless and simple.</spoiler> With my most recent foray being into 10T with Asami. I'm also thinking about breaking out the Outcasts though, as they don't see much love around here and I've got lots of Stuff for them I could paint.

1 minute ago, Knight of Blue said:

I've been going full speed into other factions since learning the game. <spoiler>I blame the dual factions making crossover relatively painless and simple.</spoiler> With my most recent foray being into 10T with Asami. I'm also thinking about breaking out the Outcasts though, as they don't see much love around here and I've got lots of Stuff for them I could paint.

Oh shiiiiiiiiii---

I totally missed Gen Con, is Asami amazing, IS THERE A MOUTH IN THE BACK OF HER HEAD?!

This is probably descending a bit into 10T forum domain.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tawg said:

Oh shiiiiiiiiii---

I totally missed Gen Con, is Asami amazing, IS THERE A MOUTH IN THE BACK OF HER HEAD?!

This is probably descending a bit into 10T forum domain.

Granted life happens and we all get to more important things than hobbies, but you seriously missed the whole GenCon information dump as well as the past month of drooling and fanboy nerd-splosions over the new masters? Please tell me this is sarcasm. *chuckles*

16 minutes ago, asrian said:

Granted life happens and we all get to more important things than hobbies, but you seriously missed the whole GenCon information dump as well as the past month of drooling and fanboy nerd-splosions over the new masters? Please tell me this is sarcasm. *chuckles*

Naw naw, I saw tons of stuff on here about the new masters upcoming, but I missed the GenCon sale (Broke as shit!), so I didn't really pay attention to GenCon or the deals or any information that came from GenCon :mellow:

It doesn`t even say that we get to decide the factions through our games, the text just says that we define their ablities and actions.

I think they end up as mercs anyway, but they got to have a main faction nonetheless I think?

Could also be that I lost my ability to read and the whole faction thing hides in plain sight in the middle of the announcement, but then I would love to be corrected :)

Oh - I am indeed blind.....

Every two weeks, the Faction with the highest score in an individual story encounter will gift that encounter’s associated character a new ability. At the end of the event, the Faction with the highest overall score (all story encounters added together) for an individual character will see that character added to their Faction in the future.

directly from the site, i apologise for even asking :P

17 minutes ago, goth said:

...games for this have to be played with each player playing a DIFFERENT faction, correct?

I suspect not, the which is why I worry about things like my meta all going neverborn for the duration of the event. Putting it into smaller numbers if a playgroup is like 20 people and 10 of them choose a single faction and it only factors in wins then even if the neverborn players play themselves if the other 6 factions are represented it's going to appear that NB have a higher success rate overall when that may not be the case.

just my 2 cents.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Knight of Blue said:

I suspect not, the which is why I worry about things like my meta all going neverborn for the duration of the event. Putting it into smaller numbers if a playgroup is like 20 people and 10 of them choose a single faction and it only factors in wins then even if the neverborn players play themselves if the other 6 factions are represented it's going to appear that NB have a higher success rate overall when that may not be the case.

just my 2 cents.

From the rules page " Scoring for each story encounter will be each Faction’s wins divided by the square root of the number of players. This will help account for Factions with more players. "

So yes, everyone playing the same will boost the Faction's score, but it will do so with diminishing returns.

3 minutes ago, 7thSquirrel said:

From the rules page " Scoring for each story encounter will be each Faction’s wins divided by the square root of the number of players. This will help account for Factions with more players. "

So yes, everyone playing the same will boost the Faction's score, but it will do so with diminishing returns.

Ah I see, that helps take the sting out of it a bit.