Divergent Paths - Global Event

Lucidicide

44 minutes ago, Parker Barrows said:

1. It's a tie. Do both players need play another game to qualify even if it's not being reported?

As far as I understand; 

You only need to participate at the store to qualify for the prize (in all 5 sections, of course). It doesn't matter if you win, lose, or draw - you just need to have your name included.
However, if you wish to report the result (which only affect each Faction's global score, nothing more), then you need to play another game as Draw results cannot be reported.

Stores need only to collect /report names of players attending the event. The result submission is the (winning) player's job.

Not sure about #2 though.

Cheers,

On 9/16/2016 at 9:38 AM, Parker Barrows said:

Not sure if anyone asked, but does the encounter being reportable matter if the store can report it.

1. It's a tie. Do both players need play another game to qualify even if it's not being reported?

2. Sam can't play in the first week. Everyone else plays all three games in that week. Can Sam play Alex in a Divergent Path scenario for the store's reporting purposes even though the game won't be reported as Alex played and reported all three games?

It's a tie. Each player can only play an encounter once and either of the two has won, which means that they have used their chance to play -this- particular encounter. However, the match can still be reported by the store as they still took part in the first round of encounters despite finishing in a draw.
If someone does not play -at least- one game every round, they do no qualify for the store's reporting purposes. However, each round of up to three encounters lasts TWO weeks.
If you play all three encounters, regardless of the result, you can not play an encounter for reporting purposes with another player, even if they have not played any encounters.
This means that if Sam can't play in the first week and he can find another person he can play with -who has not played at least one encounter- then Sam can participate on the second week (before the second round encounters are up next Monday) and play with this person.
If everyone else has played all their encounters, sorry Sam. You can play the encounters from round two onwards (provided this time the other players care enough to leave an Encounter or two to play with you). However, you may not be reported for the store's reporting purposes.

8 hours ago, Eclipse said:

It's a tie. Each player can only play an encounter once and either of the two has won, which means that they have used their chance to play -this- particular encounter. However, the match can still be reported by the store as they still took part in the first round of encounters despite finishing in a draw.
If someone does not play -at least- one game every round, they do no qualify for the store's reporting purposes. However, each round of up to three encounters lasts TWO weeks.
If you play all three encounters, regardless of the result, you can not play an encounter for reporting purposes with another player, even if they have not played any encounters.
This means that if Sam can't play in the first week and he can find another person he can play with -who has not played at least one encounter- then Sam can participate on the second week (before the second round encounters are up next Monday) and play with this person.
If everyone else has played all their encounters, sorry Sam. You can play the encounters from round two onwards (provided this time the other players care enough to leave an Encounter or two to play with you). However, you may not be reported for the store's reporting purposes.

That makes sense, but if store and players' reports are seperate, then why not? If a store can report an unreportable game in draw, is there a difference when it's between a player who hasn't got one and one who has done all three.

The reason I'm asking is because I might be Sam. I can only get there on Sundays and sometimes others can't (which happen to be this week), so first week in and I haven't got a game. By time I see my group next Sunday, they'll have met 4 times. Not sure how much they have played for it, so not sure if I'll be able to play a Divergent Path game next Sunday. So, I am hoping hear an official response from Wyrd. If the store can still report it, I would still be enthusiastic about Divergent Paths. If you're right, it kills a lot of my enthusiasm to participate. I'd still follow the results and get excited by the possibilities (and probably would not affect my posting here). But it's hard to get excited to play when I know I'm not getting a prize before we even start (of course, I'm still willing to play if someone else wants to as I'm pretty much up for anything, I'm just not going to look for Divergent Path games or bring the factions that I want to win unless that's the faction I happen to bring).

4 minutes ago, Aaron said:

It takes time to compile everything, so it'll be end of the business day for us.

I can imagine that with 7 possible outcomes for 3 different story-lines it will take a bit to compile not only what happened, but also put together the next step in their journeys. Thanks for keeping us posted! I can't wait to see what happened and where each of these stories is headed. And luckily since you're in the Eastern timezone and I'm central, CoB for you should be before CoB for me and I'll be able to grab the new scenarios before I head to the shop for Malifaux Mondays!

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Aaron said:

It takes time to compile everything, so it'll be end of the business day for us.

I can totally understand that, but with our group meeting every ~ 4 weeks and than monday, it took the air out of us today, since we waited a little bit longer with the updates and the other scenarios did not feel as exciting as this one.

Since we are situated in EU; it's more to [your] lunchtime, when we start gaming.

I can understand that you don't have a lot of sheets available, since it would require more work...

Again - it's not Wyrd's fault for us having little time. You simply can't accomodate everyone. Basically currenlty everyone in our group hve something going on, which makes it hard for us to meet outside the prearranged times (since sometimes you just entjoy the afternoon of, or want to paint that taunting model). It's also just bad luck and next time if you put the update on friday, there will be another one complaining.

However I really want to voice those qualms, maybe it can lead to a more friendly event later. I would also hope for other events down the line (and not a yearly one). Since at my place the game has not that traction (currently)... and I don't know where my and my wife's job will take us next.

Add the excitement of finally getting to play (or in this case not) to participate in a global event and fall flat, because of update times combined with being now one year in the hobby, it just hurts to not get game.

Believe me; I'm pushing here the people to get a game between our regular meeting times, but currently it ain't happening, which is saddening, too.

TL;DR: I'm just sad and really need to blow of the steam :(.

As the new scenarios are only available at the end of the day for some of us (e.g. in Europe), would it be possible to keep the previous week's scenarios open for recording results for an extra day (so may lead to a 1 day overlap)? I realise that these would not count towards the previous week's 'result' but would mean that those wanting to play can still feel involved, and more importantly for those of us playing campaigns we don't lose an opportunity to play (can't play the old ones, but new ones not available).

Any alternative welcome.

Actually I preferred the first week outcomes, they really made my (bad and ultimately pointless) choices tough. This time around it's glaringly easy:

Self-Righteous Man: Guild (!), or Thunders.
Trickster: Rezzer! Skinwalker! Actually the Leveticus one makes a lot of sense as well, but I'll pass.
Inquisitive Child: Meh. I guess Neverborn because Widow Weaver? Meh.

The way the stories evolve is awesome though. Gotta love the craziness. The name Divergent Paths really fits the bill ^_^

58 minutes ago, Brian Gresham said:

come on, you all know you want the child to spread more blight around O.o 

Hamelin already has enough creepy kids, we need more Teddy! Think of it from a marketing standpoint--Teddy is iconic of Malifaux (you even had a giant one at Gen Con that was working great to bring attention to the booth), therefore getting even more Teddy into Malifaux is a great way to grow the community!

30 minutes ago, Guslado said:

Hamelin already has enough creepy kids, we need more Teddy! Think of it from a marketing standpoint--Teddy is iconic of Malifaux (you even had a giant one at Gen Con that was working great to bring attention to the booth), therefore getting even more Teddy into Malifaux is a great way to grow the community!

It's OK, we've got Teddy now. A tiny Teddy, even, instead of a towering  Teddy. The question is where to go from here.

Mechromancer:

dolly-makin' time (scavenged)

dolly-makin' time (wicked)

dolly-makin' time (demented)

Tiptop Tiny Teddy Tinkerer:

fine materials (Guardsmen red wool & real soulstone heart)

fine materials (performer's satin & mechanical dove eyes)

fine materials (kimono silk & demon fan)

...or get poor Teddy torn apart, again, by rats. :(

Save our Teddy.

20130429-215906.jpg

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Gnomezilla said:

It's OK, we've got Teddy now. A tiny Teddy, even, instead of a towering  Teddy. The question is where to go from here.

Mechromancer:

dolly-makin' time (scavenged)

dolly-makin' time (wicked)

dolly-makin' time (demented)

Tiptop Tiny Teddy Tinkerer:

fine materials (Guardsmen red wool & real soulstone heart)

fine materials (performer's satin & mechanical dove eyes)

fine materials (kimono silk & demon fan)

...or get poor Teddy torn apart, again, by rats. :(

Save our Teddy.

20130429-215906.jpg

Save Teddy from the rats! #neverhamelin

Also, is it weird that your picture of chicken wing teddy is making me hungry?

On 9/27/2016 at 9:25 AM, Brian Gresham said:

come on, you all know you want the child to spread more blight around O.o 

Blighted Teddy?!!? No, no, no, no! The Teddy must become demented by the horrible secrets Molly divulges. Ressers to arms! Twist the mind of that teddy and claim the child's soul! Our faction needs a named child.  Incidentally, week 2 first win for me. Gathering Scraps - Ressers Vs. Ten Thunders.:crow