Divergent Paths - Global Event

Lucidicide

True. I keep forgetting about it...mainly because I've found it (playing against it) a rather large waste of points, even with the new upgrade. It REALLY needed an increase to close combat range (at least 2") and maybe something like Immune to Poison, similar to the Rail Golem's Immune to Fire so that Brewmaster doesn't keep wounding it each round and because it's fluffy...it's a giant barrel of whiskey, yet whiskey hurts it FFS! So, basically, it can only carry around water and diet-coke, otherwise it's killing itself. :(

• Like 3

True. I keep forgetting about it...mainly because I've found it (playing against it) a rather large waste of points, even with the new upgrade. It REALLY needed an increase to close combat range (at least 2") and maybe something like Immune to Poison, similar to the Rail Golem's Immune to Fire so that Brewmaster doesn't keep wounding it each round and because it's fluffy...it's a giant barrel of whiskey, yet whiskey hurts it FFS! So, basically, it can only carry around water and diet-coke, otherwise it's killing itself. :(

I have yet to try the new upgrade. But I found it a good target for Frame for Murder (Standard S&S); especially if you walk it into their Master.

I have yet to try the new upgrade. But I found it a good target for Frame for Murder (Standard S&S); especially if you walk it into their Master.

If I played gremlins I'd rather spend 4SS less and buy a Rooster Rider who is more likely to do more damage and be a bigger target for the same effect.

If I played gremlins I'd rather spend 4SS less and buy a Rooster Rider who is more likely to do more damage and be a bigger target for the same effect.

Well, I had not a chance to field them as of yet :(. Even though I had all three painted at a game, I could not get them in... but everything I heard Points to hilarious results! :D

2 hours ago, Llesh said:

anyone want to chime in one way or the other? are the global events worthwhile?

Oh yeah they definitely are. Last year was a blast! Secret subforms, subterfuge, area maps, attack and defender rules, and the top faction getting the Night.are for the year! I can't wait to see what Wyrd brings this year and am happy to see that it's happening again as we were getting g close to that time of year. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Llesh said:

does it seem like they posted the announcement to this with no other info a lil... early?

well to me it does.... i got excited that a global event was going to go on, then... crickets.....
i wasnt around for the last one so maybe im just impatient... the people who were around for the last one in my local grp are saying eh.... so my hopes are high for a good immersive event with an interesting outcome.... but from what im seeing and hearing from older players so far its questionable... we are having a lot more talk about local tournaments and events/meetups, the only people talking about it are ones who are new players.....

I'll chime in!

Global events are definitely not for everyone. It depends on how your play group operates and what interests them. Often, global events change some of the nature of how the game is played, and some people aren't interested in that. That's okay. I don't expect everyone to participate in the event, but we like to offer it for those who do like it.

The participation in our last global event was massive, and it was really exciting to see. Some players quickly dropped off, realizing it wasn't for them. Others stayed through until the end, fighting tooth and nail to gain ground. Faction allegiances came out strong, and a lot of people got "into character," so to speak.

I guess what I'm saying is... only you can answer if the global events are worthwhile. If the change in play and the overall feel interest you, then hop on in! If not, continue to play Malifaux your way -- and if that involves local tournaments instead, awesome! Wyrd is here to support the community in the ways that we can, and I hope that you use the resources we offer in a way that heightens your enjoyment... whether or not that means players in the global event.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Llesh said:

Aaron is right, of course, that only you can decide if the global events are worth it, but I'll chime in that the last one was really really awesome. I never played L5R, but I always liked the idea that what the players did would affect the storyline down the road, and the Nythera campaign was an awesome way to let us do that, and to help unfold the events that came to pass in RoF. I am now eagerly anticipating the release of the story encounters and may even play one tonight if they're posted soon enough!

Edit: I just learned how to read this very minute, so now I know that the story encounters will NOT be posted until next week.

@Aaron, as there is no map involved with this event am I correct in assuming that we don't need to sign up for this in advance, just enter games as we play them? Also, on the submission for it has spots for "Full Name" and "Opponent's Name"--should we use our forum names there or the names the rest of the world generally knows us by?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Aaron said:

Yes on the first part. Real names on the second.

Sweet! That makes it a whole lot more convenient than the Nythera campaign; there were a couple of times last year where we wanted to get in games for the campaign but my friends had forgotten to sign up for it.

Sounds like a lot of fun, looking forward to seeing what the scenarios are!

31 minutes ago, Gnomezilla said:

:angry:

Alright, what's it going to take to make a little mercenary mechromancer out of that kid (preferably a girl, but I can paint another one pink if need be)?

Is that definitely a kid? I thought it was maybe just a notably short person. Either way, I like that they are of indeterminate gender.

40 minutes ago, tomjoad said:

Is that definitely a kid? I thought it was maybe just a notably short person. Either way, I like that they are of indeterminate gender.

Adult sized shoes on feet too small to be a small adult's feet. Definitely a kid, although a good few years older than the changeless age of a Malifaux Child, ten or eleven. The other oversized clothing could go either way but salvaged shoes on a grown up would be just mismatched and not so oversized.

The proportions are extremely ambiguous, and so well-done. I barely even want to call it, but it could be said that a girl of that age is slightly more likely to be long in the leg and short in the torso like that. Even now I'm not sure I'm not just seeing what I hope to see.

*sigh* There's no blasted hope of getting the character I want and still having it [her] be Guild. Must scrape bottom of minis collection and see what other forces I can field. If she needs to go Outcast to be shaped into a mechromancer, I will--holding my nose and handling the issue with mitts and tongs, but I will....

@Izzinatah

Though I'm not a gremlin player nor ever plan to be, it would be interesting if one of the above gained enough gremlin wins/traits that the final outcome was an artistic change over to gremlins. I'm just picturing the lady as another female gremlin, or the gentleman with the top hand and monocle as a gremlin (though the gentle would then be a skinny version of Som'er :P )