50 point zipp

Cthulhurising

So I've gotten a few games under my belt with him and I've been theory crafting of a all comers type list for him.

Let me start off by saying he's been a difficult master to figure out,  as I'm sure every one has been aware. My first game against titania was met with zipp doing nothing and my crew dying terribly. 

I tried running him as a scheme runner aND supporting my crew (getting them out of sticky situations, etc) didn't work.

2nd game was against Viks in turf war.

Turn one I lost everyone but zipp and early. Using zipp as an annoyance model and tie up models. He got ignored.

So it's part of bad match up or not knowing the enemy crew and just chance, I get that. And crew comp.

But I've been debating on running,

Zipp - 3 upgrades suitable to the game. Typically gift of gab, rambling diatribe and another sky pirate upgrade. 

Earl burns

Warpig (the new upgrade works perfect with this)

Mechanized Pork chop

Sparks

Iron skeeter with an upgrade

Merris.

I've found the mechanized Porkchop isn't terrible in melee. And I feel it gives me a decent list between scheme running, ranged, melee.

Now my thought process is this

The Warpig is mildly terrifying anyway. Give it armor and fast via sparks and charge it up with pig charge and taking wounds via Walking Rage Machine to get a positive twist on everything. If the Warpig goes down, Porkchop isn't terrible for melee and sparks can turn his attention elsewhere. 

Merris is for schemes, and I opted to take her over any of the height 1 scheme runners because her having flight is still useful, her cost and her ranged attack is solid still so she's not just a scheme runner.

Iron skeeter for the 0 action tag a long and whatever upgrade I need him to take. Usually dropping pianos.

So this list leaves me with 9 points to play with left over

I've thought about the survivors, constructs already with the option to shoot seems great. I know people prefer 2 bayou gremlins over one of this guy, but in a zipp crew with sparks and earl.I feel they'll be worth it.

I've had a lot of fun with 2-3 stuffed piglets in this crew as well.

And thinking a lightning bug for a good solid general model.

Thoughts?

The first two I did. First game was blah. Didn't do anything. More my fault then anything. 

Second game I did and he did great at scheme removal. Being able to leap away from combat and remove a scheme and then walk or whatever was nice. No damage but.

Third game (I realized I forgot a game against a lilith, which slaughtered me. Lilith being able to cast through smoke and send herself into the back row of my guys slaughtered me. I have no idea how to fight her honestly) he got me a few points with his croak. I honestly think in a schemey heavy pool and strats requiring positioning, he will see use. His croak and how I used like, Hamelin obey for moving the enemy around is about the same for strats. And launching models into your own after they activated is amazing

I think his croak is going to win his worth. I think people see his upgrade and get focused on his role there Imo. But for sure situational to me so far.

Oh. Something I didn't realize, he's a sky pirate so leaping around with a piano of dropping model is amusing and potentionally helpful if you lack iron skeeters. And I'm excited to see more swamp fiends with zoraida and mctavish. 

I just tried Zipp yesterday so I've a long way to go before actually knowing what I doing with him but I'll give it a shot.

So what I find "core for him" are for sure one of his limited followed by Rambling diatribe and I like to bring stilts if I know there are some huge beaters on the other side ( I don't want him to die turn one cause of some movement shenanigans by my enemy). On yer tip ropes and liquid bravery could do the same, depends on who I'm facing.

Next I really liked the first mate, not as a beater, but  more a s support/annoying piece, great for scheme removal and also I think that having "where the captain can't see" might trick the opponents who doesn't know the model into thinking that that's all he does. His menacing croak is so nice, and pounce says he moves, so he can potentially bring earl along if needed and do a sort of "silurid boomerang" with him (dunno if useful tho, might be something situational since earl prefers constructs). Sure tho he's expansive.

I loved the iron skeeters and I think I'll be taking at least two of them with related upgrades, along with earl until I understand if it's always worth or not, tho he helps out for sure 

So right now I'm at 28 ss

A model I really liked when I played him is sparks, and he has great time with constructs hanging around so I think I will take him often

Merris sure sounds great tho I haven't played her yet, but I think she might get her spot in a heavy scheme placement scenario

I usually like to have some beat sticks in my crews, just for being sure my opponent can't just go nuts with attack actions, and I think that Francois with a skeeter bringing him along is kinda terrifying as well as Burt (who's immune to pulses so he has no problem to stay close to the skeeter in case he dies) and something I sure wanna try out is the pere-nuke trick, using poorly handled explosives. 

Mancha roja can be a nice Choice too,since you can noxious smoke behind him so he can get the rebound.

For scheme runners and models to augment my activation number I think I'll stick with bayou/lighting bug/stuffed piglet or normal piglet since I don't really like survivors (even tho I'll be sure to test it before being sure about this).

Other pieces I really like and might find their spot in the crew imo are Sammy (I've started to really use her recently and boy she s good),cranky in certain scenarios, and probably the mechanized porkchop, tho I never tried it.

These are all just thoughts and stuff I've read on the forum, so I'm for sure missing something but hoped I helped in some way ^^ I might post a 50 ss crew idea later on :)