A New Perspective

Lucidicide

Re-imagine a Master  

452 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, Grayfax said:

Just curious, you Dreamer choosers.  What is it that you want to see changed for this Neverborn model? Creepy child unintentionally destroying the world around him is pretty scary stuff indeed.  I think, for the most part, this is well portrayed in the artwork.  What am I missing?

I don't want to give any details because it can be seen as spoiler-y, but Dreamer getting a new look would make sense from the new book. A little 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Grayfax said:

Just curious, you Dreamer choosers.  What is it that you want to see changed for this Neverborn model? Creepy child unintentionally destroying the world around him is pretty scary stuff indeed.  I think, for the most part, this is well portrayed in the artwork.  What am I missing?

Well, he's also older now as of Ripples of Fate. So a darker take on an older, maybe teenage Dreamer could be interesting.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Grayfax said:

I looked at the artist's portfolio and he saw this piece:

Strathmore Vellum Cover :

This immediately made me want to see how he would portray Dreamer in art form. As a side note I may very well purchase the above piece of art. 

Maybe it's a gender-bend. Maybe an older Dreamer, maybe a dreamer with nightmarish toys coming from tendrils out of his footprints that break reality with every step..... it's not that Dreamer needs to be changed (for me) it's that this person's art style and past work makes me want to see his artistic twist on Dreamer. 

• Like 2

Correct, but with Nathan saying "it could go any direction really" doesn't immediately preclude models.  Here's hoping Neverborn teenage boys don't fantasize like human teenage boys or it won't matter what the art or models would look like... I'll just have to go with the little boy and his scary nightmares and hope he transitions to adulthood soonish.  Partially, I'm kinda sad that he is growing up.  That was the cool aspect of Dreamer... a kid perpetually lost in daydreams / nightmares not realizing what he was causing around him and as Neverborn aren't exactly on the same aging patterns as humans, I guess I thought he would always be a kid.  Not that there isn't something fun about turning nightmares into your own source of power, so I can see how it might be easy to go down that path.  

Was a close decision between Titania and the new 10T mistress. The second looks boring and the the first not as majestetic enough for the Farie Queen. Titania needs something that looks more like an ancient elvish god, arrogance of ages, the deepest hate for the human invaders and a beautiful cold face to kill and die for.

Was a close decision between Titania and the new 10T mistress. The second looks boring and the the first not as majestetic enough for the Farie Queen. Titania needs something that looks more like an ancient elvish god, arrogance of ages, the deepest hate for the human invaders and a beautiful cold face to kill and die for.

Lol Titania and Asami are among the newest masters to come out :D

I personally think Parker Barrows is the most boring, but then again, he's Outcasts, so who cares :D

Also, I love Titania's look, I think she (and her crew, too) is outstanding! I just finished assembling her crew and I think it's among the finest bunch of miniatures I've ever seen...

So I just spent the day with Tommy and Sammy Castillo and have to say those two are a serious hoot, kept us laughing all day and we enjoyed the whole of it. Looking forward to doing it again here in the near future. 

Got a seriously kick ass 'quickie sketch' (yeah, talented bastard ..) of Lady Justice which will be going up on the wall and we talked about the Dreamer, his background and all that has come before and what is to come and I can say that I'm rather excited to see what comes from Tommy over this. As a bonus, he'll be doing a series of posts, videos and Twitch casts (I think that's what they are called) as he progresses through sketches and onto the finished piece that you all can follow along with. 

More to be announced soon. 

Oh really?  I assume you mean he'll be doing a live stream then, yea?  Just discussion // show'n'tell kind of streams, or the sort where the artist has a camera on the art as they produce it (Usually using black magic, I suspect).

Sounds interesting, even if I miss the steams, at least I'll get to see the art at the end.  :)

I wonder, if after all this is done, you guys will be publishing a sort of "Coffee table" style art book with Malifaux-themed arts?  Surely there is plenty of art for the game, although I don't know if the art for the game is ever done in "larger" scenes that are cropped for use with the game, or if it is only ever smaller arts.  I know Magic the Gathering often has larger prints of art that have more to them than what is finally used on the card, or the likes, so they usually put out one art book per block now a'days.

• Lucidicide unpinned this topic
  • 1 month later...
5 hours ago, Nathan Caroland said:

Hey folks,

Tommy has been working on some sketches and directions on this and they've been a real treat to watch how they evolve. Anyhow - got this in last night and Tommy says he's going to start getting ready for true painting of it all here shortly now that he has his ideas down and he'll be doing it on Twitch here in the near future (I'll let everyone know the days and times) for anyone interested in watching the process.

dreamerpencils.jpg

Now when are we getting a sculpt of it? :-p

• Like 1