Will be new Leveticus Avatar model in plastic?

KID55

There will be no new avatar models as avatars are no longer part of the core game. They proved to be pretty much impossible to both balance and remain thematic, at the same time, for regular gameplay. This is largely the reason the new Emissaries exist (Hodgepodge Emissary would fall under Leveticus, as well as every other Outcast Master).

The avatars are still around for Campaign play from Shifting Loyalties, but there is no plans for any models (it would be financially suicidal).

There is also fluff behind the disappearance of the avatars as well.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, AverageBoss said:

There will be no new avatar models as avatars are no longer part of the core game. They proved to be pretty much impossible to both balance and remain thematic, at the same time, for regular gameplay. This is largely the reason the new Emissaries exist (Hodgepodge Emissary would fall under Leveticus, as well as every other Outcast Master).

The avatars are still around for Campaign play from Shifting Loyalties, but there is no plans for any models (it would be financially suicidal).

There is also fluff behind the disappearance of the avatars as well.

Thanks for detailed answer.

6 hours ago, Adran said:

I belive the stated plan was for Wyrd to produce "faction Avatar bases" where you can put the Master on the base to show they have manifested. But We've not heard anymore on that recently. 

It's good idea, I think. And can I, for example, make Avatar from polymer clay and use it in campaign?

1 hour ago, KID55 said:

It's good idea, I think. And can I, for example, make Avatar from polymer clay and use it in campaign?

As long as its not and official event and as long as your playgroup is okay with it.

Otherwise, you would have to get the old Avatar model, a spare 50mm base (to put Leveticus on top of), or the Outcast Emissary. The Emissaries may officially be used as the actual Emissaries, or as proxies for their factions avatars (so you would need 2 if you wanted to run the actual Emissary and use one as an avatar at the same time).

1 hour ago, AverageBoss said:

As long as its not and official event and as long as your playgroup is okay with it.

Otherwise, you would have to get the old Avatar model, a spare 50mm base (to put Leveticus on top of), or the Outcast Emissary. The Emissaries may officially be used as the actual Emissaries, or as proxies for their factions avatars (so you would need 2 if you wanted to run the actual Emissary and use one as an avatar at the same time).

Actually,  as this falls in the "not readily available" category. I believe it would be available to be used as a conversion. Per gaining grounds. But given that campaigns are not covered by GG,  I don't think  there is such a thing as an "official Wyrd Campaign event". So,  I would say if you have the desire to create a conversion base until the Wyrd ones (maybe)  get released,  go for it.