A few question about neverborn

Yipikayey

Question

Hi, i had been playing for about a month and half now. Enjoying the game a lot. I play neverborn, but i feel like i had been missplaying some stuff, and i wanted to see if you guys can clear it for me.

Pandora's Fading memory push:

- I had been using it with self loathing and self harm. Is it a correct interpretation of the requirement as an oppossed Wp duel, or has to be pandora the one using her willpower for it work, therefore only working with incites and when "defending" from opponent's actions ?

Ok just saw this and learned how misery really works... i feel so dirty now :

Dreamer and hungering darkness  "buried":

- I had been using it as i can activate it after coming back with the (0) from Lord chompy bits or in Huggy's case, after i manage to unbury him with rising sun. I haven't found anywhere why i can't use it, since it says removed from play. But in dreamer's case is the one that had me thinking it can't work that way, since i could chain spawn lord chompys ad infinitum with tantrum. I checked the FAQs, the rulebook, etc, and i had been unable to find an answer. So the question is, does a model that has been activated before being buried, keep counting as activated after being unburied ? 

Cheers and thank you in advance for the responses. By the way, loving the game, cheers to the Wyrd's staff.

3 answers to this question

Pandora needs to use her  Willpower for the trigger, it's not a wp-duel for her if the model resists on wp.

Being unburied does not give you another activation. If you haven't activated that turn hou can avtivate, if you have already gone you don't get a new one.

For Pandora's Fading Memory push, see Fetid Strumpet's quote of the rulebook, and page 31 of the rulebook as quoted.  If you have the Rules Manual, the reference you're looking for is on page 24, Duel Stat Types at the bottom of the page.

1 hour ago, Yipikayey said:

Dreamer and hungering darkness  "buried":

- I had been using it as i can activate it after coming back with the (0) from Lord chompy bits or in Huggy's case, after i manage to unbury him with rising sun. I haven't found anywhere why i can't use it, since it says removed from play. But in dreamer's case is the one that had me thinking it can't work that way, since i could chain spawn lord chompys ad infinitum with tantrum. I checked the FAQs, the rulebook, etc, and i had been unable to find an answer. So the question is, does a model that has been activated before being buried, keep counting as activated after being unburied ? 

For the Dreamer question, there's a really, really important distinction to understand:

• When you bury and unbury a model, it's still the same model that you're physically moving around.  If that model activated before being buried and then it gets unburied, it has still activated.
  • When a model is summoned, it is always a new model being put in to play. 

Each time Dreamer summons Lord Chompy Bits, it's a new and distinct Lord Chompy Bits for every purpose as far as the game is concerned.  If you somehow managed to summon Lord Chompy Bits, get it destroyed/killed, and the summon Lord Chompy Bits again the same turn, each of the Lord Chompy Bits's would be required to activate that turn and they'd each get their own Activation.

But if Dreamer (or any other model) activated, was buried, and then unburied in the same turn, the game hasn't forgotten that Dream has already activated.  In order to activate a second time, Dreamer would need to have the Reactivate condition.

References:

Summoning, Rules Manual page 60:

Summoning creates a new model. The model is placed within range of the effect (most often an Action's range). If it is not possible to place the model because of other models or terrain, the effect that caused the summon fails.

For the interaction between Buried and the model's activation status, it's a matter of elimination:  Nothing in the Buried rules or the Activation rules say that you forget whether the buried has activated.  It's the same matter for all of the conditions and damage that the buried model has suffered:  None of the conditions or damage on the model is removed unless the effect burying the model (or the condition involved) says to do so.

So if Dreamer's ability causes himself to bury, you follow those instructions and remove conditions:

Release Nightmares: When this model gains the Waking +4 Condition, summon a Lord Chompy Bits within 6" and LoS, remove all Conditions on this model, then bury this model.

but if the Dreamer were buried by a Death Marshal's Pine Box action:

(1) Pine Box (Ca 5:crow / TN: 10:crow / Rst: Wp / Rg: :melee1): Target model is buried. If this model takes this Action again or is removed from play then the target model is unburied in base contact with this model before this model is removed from play. At the beginning of this model’s Activation, it must succeed on an opposed Wp vs. Wp duel with the target. If this model loses, the target is unburied in base contact.

the only conditions that would be removed would be the ones that specified "until removed from play" as part of their durations.

• Like 1