Twist The Knife - 16/10/16, Parramatta NSW

TTKSmall.jpg

Held at The Games Cube, Parramatta, NSW

The Games Cube
Level 2,
79-81 Phillip St
Parramatta, 2150
+61 2 8677 1966

Sunday 16.10.16, $20 entry fee, Register in store or on the day. 

Three rounds of 50s games based on the Gaining Grounds 2016 rules. Please make sure that you read this document before attending to get information on proxies, counters, painting requirement, and other useful information. It can be found at:

http://www.wyrd-games.net/news/2016/1/22/gaining-grounds-2016

Schedule:
10.00am-10.45am – Registration
10.45am-12.30pm – Game One
12.30pm-1.00pm – Lunch
1.00pm-2.45pm – Game Two
3.00pm-4.45pm – Game Three
4.50pm – Results announced
*If everyone is ready early, rounds may start early. But only if everyone is ready at the same time. 

1hr 45mins will be allowed for each round 

Players will elect at the start of the day which Faction they are playing. They must play all games with this faction, however are free to change Masters between rounds. 

Players are responsible for supplying:
Crew models
Rulebooks and official Wyrd stat cards
Fate Decks
Measuring Tape
Methods of tracking damage, conditions, and VP. 
Counters/Markers/Tokens (Counters must be 30mm round as per Gaining Grounds)

Strategies and schemes, and deployment

Strategies and deployment for each game are listed below, however the Schemes for each round will not be announced until the day. Again, please make sure you read the Gaining Grounds document before attending, as it lists the details for these Strategies, as well as the Schemes which may be available on the day. 

Round 1 - Collect The Bounty, Standard Deployment
Round 2 - Interference, Flank Deployment
Round 3 - Stake A Claim, Corner Deployment

• 1 month later...

Less than one week to go, everyone! I thought I would stop by to offer some info on prizes!

14317342_10154005056174422_2408851608087

I ordered in a 16 player tournament pack, and it arrived from Wyrd a while ago (a lot sooner than I expected). I've also got a small mystery box and spare Guilder from the welcome pack, as well as a Johanna model, so I'm throwing it all together for the prize pool.

As it stands, the current prize pool is:

1st Place - Large Mystery Box, certificate, 5 Guilders

2nd Place - Small Mystery Box, certificate, 3 Guilders

3rd Place - Small Mystery Box, certificate, 2 Guilders

Next 14 players - 1 Guilder

The spare Small Mystery Box will be randomly rewarded to someone who hasn't placed. So even if you come last, you potentially walk out with a Guilder and Small Mystery Box.

As I mentioned, I also have a Johanna model. There will be a space on the scoresheet to vote for the best painted force, and I will suggest people leave out their 5 best models over lunch for people to check out. Whoever gets the most votes ins the model (I will act as tiebreaker if needed). The model may be awarded to someone who has placed as well, so turning up with a great looking crew and doing well could net you a lot of loot!

I may be able to source a few more things as well, so look for another update later this week for more news. 

See you on Sunday!