Random Ripples Realizations

OneLittleThunder

4 hours ago, Rabbitknight said:

Sun Quiang's peon aura + Sue. On a success with a tomes Sue kills peons and totems unless they pitch 2 soulstones. Sue becomes a straight assassin when the good doctor is around.

See I had put this in my original post but deleted it because I thought Sue only did that to totems.

Am I misremembering?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, santaclaws01 said:

Yasunori using Kodoku on an Illuminted that is attacking a model with Brilliance can have a damage track of 7/9/10

A lot of conditions need to be filled, but when it happens it will be so funny. Especially with Flay!

On 2016-08-20 at 8:58 AM, Rabbitknight said:

Sun Quiang's peon aura + Sue. On a success with a tomes Sue kills peons and totems unless they pitch 2 soulstones. Sue becomes a straight assassin when the good doctor is around.

Since Sun can push outside of his activation he will be quite hard to pin down and will keep the opponent guessing where he can go.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, santaclaws01 said:

Can't declare two triggers, and really only needs a high ram to go off as you can set it up before hand with focus if you want that severe.

I stand corrected. I thought it was simply more damage added, but it is an additional trigger given.

• Like 1

Yasunori obeying a Guild Pathfinder with Kudoku: up to 5/7B/8B. That's the highest blast damage (cry, Fuhatsu!) in the game now unless the Kudoku targets a previously focused Illuminated under Emissary's (0) aura for 7/9B/10B. Yikes. Pure evil.

• Like 2

On Saturday, August 20, 2016 at 7:21 AM, InvokeChaos said:

See I had put this in my original post but deleted it because I thought Sue only did that to totems.

Am I misremembering?

Yep, Prison pistols' Tomes trigger is: Tomes The Man Comes Around: After succeeding against target Totem or Peon, the target is killed unless it discards two Soulstones.

It's not built in and he's an Enforcer so he can't stone for it, so you need to cheat or flip that tomes. It takes something that rarely comes into play (I've only seen it used once against Huggy) and makes it a possible point of interest. I wouldn't build around it but if Sue and Sun both add enough to the crew otherwise it's something to remember.

18 hours ago, Eclipse said:

Yasunori obeying a Guild Pathfinder with Kudoku: up to 5/7B/8B. That's the highest blast damage (cry, Fuhatsu!) in the game now unless the Kudoku targets a previously focused Illuminated under Emissary's (0) aura for 7/9B/10B. Yikes. Pure evil.

I think its worth pointing out that the trigger adds damage, not alters the damage track, so that won't boost the damage on the blasts. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Adran said:

I think its worth pointing out that the trigger adds damage, not alters the damage track, so that won't boost the damage on the blasts. 

Has that been established somewhere as a general rule? Because the trigger phrasing is "If this attack deals damage, add damage." The blasts are certainly this attack dealing damage...why would he additional damage not be added to those as well?

50 minutes ago, OneLittleThunder said:

Has that been established somewhere as a general rule? Because the trigger phrasing is "If this attack deals damage, add damage." The blasts are certainly this attack dealing damage...why would he additional damage not be added to those as well?

I would tend to agree: if it doesn't specify the target. Would need to see the full wording.

"If this attack deals damage, this attack deals +1 damage for every VP the target Crew has, to a maximum of +3."

Does a blast dealing damage count as part of that attack dealing damage? The initial hit does, say, 4 damage and thus becomes 7 damage. The blast from that same attack does 2 damage, which is damage, so it comes 5?

1 hour ago, Skitt_Happens said:

Bare in mind this is equivalent to a rider's big (0) action - you will only get +3 damage in turn 5 at the earliest, and it's still on a trigger.

Not necessarily - the opponent could score both schemes and the strat on turn 2, and thus have 3 VP at the start of turn 3. 

Did we touch on the specific interaction with Terracotta Warriors, McCabe, and Show of Force?  SoF just says the upgrade can't have started play attached to a master.  Even if the saber is swapped out for a different saber, that's then an upgrade that didn't start the game attached to a master.  If the emissary wasn't enough in breaking McCabe for Show of Force, good god, you all, WAR!

I hadn't realised the trigger seems to be worded slightly differently to Critical strike, which specifies the target takes the extra damage.  

16 hours ago, Tokapondora said:

"If this attack deals damage, this attack deals +1 damage for every VP the target Crew has, to a maximum of +3."

Does a blast dealing damage count as part of that attack dealing damage? The initial hit does, say, 4 damage and thus becomes 7 damage. The blast from that same attack does 2 damage, which is damage, so it comes 5?

This to me appears to be dealing +6 damage. which is more than +3

The nearest the rule book has is additives to stats which would do +3 to each damage. 

A quick check of the FAQ gives this answer

A:  The Hallucinogens Condition causes any Ml Actions which deal damage to deal +2 damage. So if the Action causes no damage, it does not benefit from the +2. However, if the model creates multiple damage sources with a single Attack (such as with Hammerfall) each damage source would also benefit from the +2 damage as it is a part of the Action.

I'm no longer quite so sure on the answer. We had the to a maximum of flicker+3 be a cap of +3, but this is a different case. 

• Like 1

The blast is indeed a part of the damage, I have checked this before in relation to the very same Guild Pathfinder's damage track - since it has a trigger to ignore Armor and Hard to Wound, which is also applied on the blast (awesome!). This is why I asked about the specific wording as if the trigger does not specify that the damage is added to the attack on the main target ONLY then it applies to the whole attack (given how Wyrd has worded blasts).