Parker Tactics

jphealy

So what I've been doing is running the Dead Outlaws when killing and staying power needs to be done and Bandidos when I need mobility with killing. Curse of the Covetous can ruin low wd minions and Bandidos run and gun can clear out opposing scheme runners.

Woku Raiders as everyone has mentioned are EXCELLENT Melee tarpits.

I just can't seem to keep Mad Dog alive! He is a magnet for trouble! Even with the additional soulstone Parker provides.

I actually lean more towards the convict gunslinger with Return fire than Sue. The scheme pools lately have just needed the offensive fire power rather than Sue's utility.

And don't forget about a Showgirl being used to blow up scheme markers to make models easier to kill!

3 hours ago, Skillmatic said:

So what I've been doing is running the Dead Outlaws when killing and staying power needs to be done and Bandidos when I need mobility with killing. Curse of the Covetous can ruin low wd minions and Bandidos run and gun can clear out opposing scheme runners.

Woku Raiders as everyone has mentioned are EXCELLENT Melee tarpits.

I just can't seem to keep Mad Dog alive! He is a magnet for trouble! Even with the additional soulstone Parker provides.

I actually lean more towards the convict gunslinger with Return fire than Sue. The scheme pools lately have just needed the offensive fire power rather than Sue's utility.

And don't forget about a Showgirl being used to blow up scheme markers to make models easier to kill!

I've found the same with Mad Dog - I often don't get much use out of him before he goes down. Normally a couple of shots or a rapid fire and then a hail Mary cigar cigar shotgun when he's on hard to kill if he's been charged and he lives, then he's dead. I'm not so sure about taking I'm over a more durable 10ss model really - rule of cool though, I guess. I like gunslingers for that turn when rapid fire and trigger happy coincidence perfectly, but I find sue is more reliable - more damage per shot and the extra card is hard to say no to!

I have always gotten great use out of mad dog. I am struggling not to bring him everywhere now. His ability to remove cover can be devastating. Add in he has a respectable damage track on his shotgun and Foaming at the Mouth, he has proven to be fantastic for me. He is now one of my fav Henchmen to bring. and his ability to drop friendly scheme markers on kills has won me a couple VPs. One thing that helps his durability is if you bring a scarier threat like A&D or someone like Bishop who is goanna get up in their face fast.

Yes, say you get a Titania dump a bunch of scheme markers within Parker's sphere of influence, he drops an upgrade like oath keeper or stick up, does his thing then sweeps up all her scheme markers and attaches one 1SS Parker Barrows upgrade to himself.

• Like 1

Used the lower ability of Coordinated Heist last night.

Hitting 4-5 enemies that are in combat with a Woukou Raider at once with :+fate flips is phenomenal. With built-in triggers you can also push the Raider across the board for the markers, then an additional 5".

Then you Five-Finger discount all the valuables they've dropped, attach Coordinated Heist again, then you shoot again.

Things will die, schemes like Claim Jump and Search the Ruins will shut down for the enemy, or you will do things like Hidden Trap in a single activation.

So, charge into a mob with Raider, survive an activation (she can do it with Combat Finesse), proceed to chastice the Raider (she was told to duck, after all). I'm definitely going to paint my second Raider for an all-Bandit star crew.

• Like 1

So, Parker might be the comboest Master we have in faction, beating even Tara:

Parker has 3 AP and a (0). If you have a limited upgrade (you should), that's a second (0) he can use on a 4:mask. He has Stick up that he can discard to take a free walk action - either at the start or at the end of his activation.

So: Free Stick Up Walk, then 3 AP for stuff, (0) to get Stick Up, (0) to order the Raider to do attack or interact [if the Raider is in combat with an enemy who's within 2" of Parker, there's a mask trigger that allows Parker to attack too], then discard Stick Up to free Walk again. 

That's 7 actions, 8 if the Raider can trigger Coordinated Assault. If he has Coordinated Heist, he can use one of his AP to go on a massive shooting spree.

I dunno about you, but there's something entirely fascinating in 10-minute activations that flip through half of your deck.