Iconic Fate Deck issue?

Well I ordered two decks in the GenCon sale, they are traveling by mail dolphin to my distant land now.  I can only hope against hope that my decks are not incorrect.  Interested to see Wyrd's plan for correcting those decks which are wrongly printed.

Bugger :(

Hadn't noticed this at first.  Mine is the same and only those two cards are misprinted.  This is less worrisome for me than the Parker Barrows sprue, as the color on the card and the icons are correct.  It is only the one word under the 10 and 7 that is misprinted.  As for a "packed by" sticker... that wouldn't have made a difference here.  It wasn't packed wrong, it was printed wrong and missed in proofreading.  

It seems that all these decks are like this. My guess would be that this batch will be pulled from release until a replacement can be printed. I would expect a refund or replacement for those of us who ordered them at Gencon. Hopefully someone from Wyrd will be along at some point to let us know how they're going to handle it.

6 hours ago, MalifauxMartin said:

It seems that all these decks are like this. My guess would be that this batch will be pulled from release until a replacement can be printed. I would expect a refund or replacement for those of us who ordered them at Gencon. Hopefully someone from Wyrd will be along at some point to let us know how they're going to handle it.

I'm just going to put this out there to those who want a reprint or refund--the cards still clearly show that they are a Ram, it just has the word Mask printed under the number on the card for only 2 cards out of 54. It doesn't invalidate the card. It doesn't make it unusable. I think it's rather hilarious and one of those things we can look at as a fun little easter egg.

While I agree with you in theory Guslado I disagree that it isn't a significant issue. The wording under the value is there to reduce confusion, something that is often mentioned with other Wyrd Fate Decks that use stylized suits or values.

Based on history, I would expect Wyrd to reprint the decks and either send purchasers an entirely new corrected one or send them the offending cards.

15 minutes ago, Omenbringer said:

While I agree with you in theory Guslado I disagree that it isn't a significant issue. The wording under the value is there to reduce confusion, something that is often mentioned with other Wyrd Fate Decks that use stylized suits or values.

Based on history, I would expect Wyrd to reprint the decks and either send purchasers an entirely new corrected one or send them the offending cards.

Looks like my misprint cards will now be a collector's item ;)

• Like 2

• 1 month later...