Thanks For Everything!

Justin

Crazy news. I came to Malifaux at the end of 1.5 and found myself quickly dragged down the rabbit hole.

M2e seemed to build from strength to strength, culminating in the fantastic revisit of Schemes in gg2016 and what looks to be to be fairly extensive design corner exploration in Ripples. It's taken up more of my life and thought processes than I care to admit.

I was always intrigued by the tidbits of design theory I picked from you through the forum, podcasts, blogs and the nuggets in Drawing Dead (sad that this rolled over, but I understand, life) and have to say this makes me equally interested as to where you'll head next. You also brought a thoughtful and diplomatic hand to the community at large (thinking forum here).

In my insignificant mind M2e can hold it's head up as the most engaging, balanced, strategic tabletop game I've had the pleasure to play. I believe you can wear a significant part of the responsibility for that on your shoulders. And kudos to Nathan and Eric for handing you the reins. 

• Like 1

Best wishes to you as you start the next chapter of your life, Justin.  As others have said, M2E is an amazing tabletop game that is easy to learn, but takes skill and dedication to master.  How many tabletop games can have their basic structure explained in under 5 minutes? 

I will always remember three years ago when you received my name for the Gift Exchange.  The box literally burst from the amount of awesome that was contained within, including the test sprue of the translucent blue Rasputina crew.  I was amazed at the generosity.

Look forward to see what is next for you. 

• Like 2

Really enjoyed our talks back in the day, about the most whimsical or severe topics. Also enjoyed the playtest phases a lot: There were times when I looked forward to nothing as much as to you uploading files. :D

To be sad, or to be glad? I'm sad to see you go, Justin, and you will surely be missed. I'm glad to see you brave new waters, though, because I'm sure we'll see a lot of great things from you in the future. So all my best wishes, and rock on!

• Like 2

Sad news. I've been saying for years and still believe that M2E is the best, most well designed miniatures game I've yet encountered; An aspect I attribute to you in large part.  Thank you for this wonderful game along with all of the others that have made it as large and successful as it has been.

I hope you'll still be coming out to NOVA at the end of the month and that I'll see you there :)

All the best in your future, no doubt extremely successful, endeavors.

• Like 1

Best of Luck Justin. Take that well earned break and it will be nice to see you back around as a player again in the future. As lead with M2E you have done great work and laid a solid foundation for things to follow and have left some big shoes to fill.

• Like 2

That's why I so love Malifaux! Because of Wyrd and community around. It's a big family, all those great and interesting people from around the world united here, thanks to Wyrd! And Justin is one of those who we call Wyrd, who did it! Many thanks @Justin to you for what you did to us, to Malifaux. We will miss you but I'm sure that you will be great! Moving forward is always great, especially when behind are those who supporting you! And we are supporting you))
Have a great time and visit us from time to time))

• Like 1

Justin, you probably don't fully appreciate how loved you are by those of us who play Malifaux.  We love you.  I love you.

We could not have asked some a better steward of the game, and you have done absolutely astounding work with M2E.

I hope you will still continue to play the game, and continue to frequent the forums.  Really sad I never made it over to gencon when I may have had the opportunity to meet you.

All the best with whatever you do, no doubt it will be excellent.

• Like 2

vader.jpg

I believe this is entirely appropriate for how I feel right now!  @Justin you have been an awesome games designer, honest, forthright, passionate and incredibly creative!  I've loved everything about Malifaux since (and before!) you took over & think M2E is the best mini game I've played. 

You truly have my thanks for being able to take part in the playtests, they've been some of the highlights of my gaming life! 

I'll miss you, but I look forward to hearing about your next endeavors (probably won't be able to play, my wife will kill me if I start another game!)

Cheers & thanks for all the fish!

PS. If you're ever up for a vassalfaux game or happen to find yourself in Japan, give us a hoy!

• Like 1

Thanks for your imput on the game justin. I know you dont know who most of us are but reading the thread im guessing most of us are like me and will rwaly miss you. I have adored malifaux since its inception i was a fan when wyrd made modles and loved everything since. I will be sad to see you go as i held you in such reverance

• Like 1

• Justin locked this topic