Thanks For Everything!

Justin

Good luck Justin.

I just have to say thanks, you've not only been a pillar of the game and company but to me also a fantastic connection with the community.
You've always felt approachable, willing to listen to questions and more importantly willing to always give great justified reasoning's, for that I have infinite respect.

I obviously have to say thanks for all your hard work on the game, I honestly believe M2E is the best game in existence right now, I personally think it takes everything that was great about the previous edition and takes it to a hole other level and you are a big part of that.

So yeah, I'm not being good with them words right now, but thank you, much respect and appreciation is coming from me to you and you'll be missed (being in the role you are now).

I'll be very interested to see what you do in the future.

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, Aaron said:

It's cool, one does not need a self-esteem to design Malifaux.

A lack of self-esteem does seem to be essential to the feedback process.

There is too much to reply to, but thanks for all the kind words, everyone! It means so much to me. :)

• Like 9

Cool.  Will your next opportunity be one known?  I suppose it might be something that has to remain unknown for the time being.  I suppose we don't really know if you're moving to a different Game Design position, but I suspect if you're involved in something new it might be worth watching.

Either way, fun times, I'm glad I've gotten to hang out around the forums more recently.  Not quite as great as having a steady stream of games to play locally, but at least I can enjoy the game and community still.

• Like 2

Hey there Justin!

In some ways this is kinda sad news. I think you guys did a terrific job with M2E. Its my favourite game, fun, balanced. And I think a lot of the responsibility for that is on your shoulders (no disregards for the rest of the team). Every time I had the chance to read your design notes or listen to you in podcasts I was really impressed with your reasoning for changes, design etc. So yeh. Sad to see you go. Im confident, though, that Wyrd will be able to continue with the very high standards youve left. Go, go Aaron! ;)

In any case, wish you the best in your future endevours. Good luck!

Edited by Dealer
  • Like 2

I hate change, so I hate this, but Justin, you've been a massive boon to this game, and I'm happy to see you following your bliss to new opportunities. It's been great working with you on playtesting, and chatting with you about the game at Gencon. Good luck, and thanks for all you've done for us!

• Like 2

It's been awesome getting to know you the past few years at GenCon and you've done an amazing job heading the best miniatures game out there.  

Thank you for making Malifaux what it is, and good luck leaving your mark on the world!

• Like 1

There's a great many minis games out there, but this was the only one ever to grab me aesthetically.  Though it looked cool, I just couldn't get into 1st edition because there was just too much text on the cards, and the rules seemed a little too complicated. So it sat in the back of my mind until one fateful day I encountered 2nd edition...

In first crossing through the breach, disoriented though I was, I immediately noticed the game was infused with an immaculate design.  "What kind of genius has spawned this?" I asked myself, acquiring models as quickly as my budget would allow, falling in love with the vastness of explored design space and the even vaster frontier left to explore.

Now, a seasoned denizen of Malifaux living in the wastes outside of Promise, I still revel in the creation, and I give thanks to you, Justin, a great progenitor, an able scientist of genesis, a deity among designers.  Your works have deeply moved me, and the work you have done with Wyrd has forever elevated the world of social gaming to new and dizzy heights. 

And thanks for letting me fanboy out at NOVA last year...

• Like 3

It been a great pleasure bouncing ideas with you back and forth over the course of malifaux 2e, sad the end of gencon drinks at the hardrock has become a final supper of sorts. Sadly I will have to now divert my bribes to Aaron now,  All the best man I'm sure we will keep in touch.  Even if it's to fine tune that chaos orb upgrade :P

• Like 1

I have thoroughly enjoyed the game through 1st > 1.5 > 2nd edition and I certainly have appreciated your and all the other worker peons efforts in steadily improving the game, playability, pace, balance and general product over these last years.

Sad to see you go because change is scary, glad to see you are moving on to new and different things however.  Thanks for your efforts, work and commitment to steadily improving a game which has given me a great deal of enjoyment.

• Like 1

All the best for your well-deserved break and your exciting future - I really hope you'll be back around these parts soon as a player. You've done incredible work with this game, and you're going to cast a very long shadow over its future development. You will be sorely missed!

• Like 1

Thanks a whole lot Justin. It is hard to believe how quickly time flies by. I remember when you were just a new recruit to Wyrds staff and had to deal with us pesky Henchfolk. 

You will surely be missed (until you get your sorry butt back to our community, even if its just as a fellow player)! Thanks for all of your effort and hard work. <3

~Matt / EBM

• Like 1