Any Lucius news?

Vorschlag

12 minutes ago, Joel said:

Think I've spotted a way to win with him - but will need a bit more testing before I'm sure. 

I think there are ways, and I honestly don't think he's truly a lost cause. I just think he's so resource intensive to make him work smoothly, where as other masters do so naturally, that it's an imbalance in comparisons with him vs others. I like his concept, I just wish they'd tweak the master himself some (lower his TNs to 10, and/or add a suit to his attack, or something). It doesn't have to be a completely rework and anything major, but just a little easier.

Where would the fun be in that!? :P

i think of him as the guy who can walk between the raindrops - it's very different to how I play masters normally, but it can work. I've not played many games, but undefeated with him so far

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Joel said:

i think of him as the guy who can walk between the raindrops - it's very different to how I play masters normally, but it can work. I've not played many games, but undefeated with him so far

Yeah my experience is that he is standing in  the rain soaking wet  while singing to himself sadly like he's starring in one of James Blunt's Music Videos. Looking forward to seeing or hearing about what you've come up with, though. :mellow:

giphy.gif

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Joel said:

Where would the fun be in that!? :P

I feel like Lucius appreciates the classics he ain't no straight forward simple man, he likes to listen to hard core gangster rap and get the kids amped up. No need to worry though he's a good man & a reasonable adult so they'll be in bed by 10.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JarnabyBones said:

All of the Fae minions are Ml6, which Lucius has been lacking greatly in NB for the most part. Also one of the knights has a Ml6 attack with Rg8 or Slash2, meaning both Lucius and Dreamer have a new minion that they can prompt ranged attacks off of.

Ml 6 is nothing new, but that ranged attack is going to be pretty cool. Elite training might actually do something for once. 

1 hour ago, Pyrflamme said:

I think he was mostly concerned about their innate Wp to deal with Lucius' horror duels. Five is...eh. At least they're a notch above most minions overall.

Precisely, even with the scheme markers interactions, WP 5 is too draining or too risky...  well... same question for the Bandersnatch and Rougarou?

Why would you bother using Lucius' Walk & Terrifying so much? Push him ahead/Walk on the first turn. It's not as resource intensive on the first turn when you have limited contact you the opponent. Start swapping with models and giving out orders afterwards. If you take beefy minions such as those guys you will be happy to give the free focus, or an interact, or defensive anyways (Of course in this case you will have to be closer to the action with Lucius most of the time...)

• Like 2

Haven't got the new book but coul

On 8 augusti 2016 at 1:18 PM, Eclipse said:

I played with a handicap last year. I play with a monster on fire this year. The real handicap is in the player that guides and in the model selection, not in Lucius ;)

I don't suppose you would have time to get together some structured tips for us handicapped players?

On topic: Does anyone think Queeg would be worth hiring with the autumn knights to get more (0) actions out of them? He could also whip friends/enemies to be where you want them to be.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ludvig said:

Haven't got the new book but coul

I don't suppose you would have time to get together some structured tips for us handicapped players?

On topic: Does anyone think Queeg would be worth hiring with the autumn knights to get more (0) actions out of them? He could also whip friends/enemies to be where you want them to be.

I will have time for structured tips later and promise to write out, I was just waiting for someone to take the bait because I like the attention :P
As for Queeg, I'd love to use him with Pathfinders to make the traps jump around like crazy, or potentially with the Rougaru to pull more models into range with it's AoE (0) . What did Autumn Knights' (0) do? I think a Wp duel or get Slow?

• Like 1