Any RoF Info?

bstorz

1 hour ago, tadaka said:

Tapdancer,

Hey got a link or at least a name for that model would love to buy him.

EDIT bah found him but he is huge. So wanted him as a lone samurai

more likely to be using the devourer as whilst it also big it is more practical.

43337-large.jpg

13 minutes ago, AverageBoss said:

Actually, if everything falls into place, he could make 12 attacks in a turn!

(1) Charge near Asami

Attack (1st from charge) and get first trigger.

Attack and get second trigger.

Attack with no trigger.

Attack (2nd from charge) and get first trigger.

Attack and get second trigger.

Attack with no trigger.

If you are still in range of Asami (1) charge again, repeat as above.

In theory, Shadow Emissary could give him fast so that he could do so a 3rd time, going up to 18 attacks.

Nope. Trigger is once per activation.

Just now, Skitt_Happens said:

This is correct, so he gets up to four attacks without outside help. Adding Asami's passive and Fast helps. And really, it's contingent on getting the other set of suits that you didn't use in your first trigger, which even with +flips may not happen.

Still a very solid beatstick and probably our new A+ choice in Enforcer Brawl :P

I didn't appreciate it fully at first, but that (0) to make a minion attack, with a trigger to add up to +3 damage dependent on vp could be BRUTAL:

So you get your 6 attacks (recalled training anyone) and then make your LFSJ (local, friendly, summoned Jorogumo) swing at a potential 6/7/9 damage!

My initial thoughts were that the Oni Rider was not truly comparable to the other riders, partly because it doesn't have that once a game ultimate action. I now realise this is not the case: I'd rather have an excellent action I can take 2-3 times a game than an unbelievable one that I might get off once a game.

I think Oni has a slight edge over the others in damage and threat range.

How do we feel about +2 wounds and armour +1, plus draw a card once per turn when taking damage, as opposed to the riders turn dependent damage reduction?

• Like 2

That pseudo obey is absolutely amazing, and since it targets Wp its something you should also be able to use on opponents, which can be even deadlier.  

Compared to the other riders, I'd say it has a good lead on them 'til turn 3, and around turn 4 the other riders get ahead quickly. Luckily, the clashes turn 2-3 generally weigh the heaviest in a match. But it's the flight that really makes him so exceptional. Especially with charging and being Ht 3, he can just get anywhere and do anything.

• Like 2

I agree, the mobility of Flight and amazing Walk and Charge is what I was hoping for more. Now lookey here! :P
In addition, he also gives a lot of options with his mini-Obey that might leave your opponent guessing - which is always good. Definitely a great model. The Armor 1 is trivial, but necessary, good enough due to the mobility - when you can fly over things you don't have to worry about survival as much and can fly over blocking terrain if needed. I think I heard on the podcast that he also has Stubborn like the other Riders? If so, neat!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Skitt_Happens said:

22 hours ago, Pyrflamme said:

This is correct, so he gets up to four attacks without outside help. Adding Asami's passive and Fast helps. And really, it's contingent on getting the other set of suits that you didn't use in your first trigger, which even with +flips may not happen.

Still a very solid beatstick and probably our new A+ choice in Enforcer Brawl :P

Well crap, miss heard that completely. Deleting previous post to avoid confusing people.

I'm more excited for Yasunori than maybe any other model in 10T. The wheels are turning and the theoryfaux is full steam ahead for him.

I agree on the Terracotta Warrior buzz. I was chatting with my Faux buddies about all the silly shenanigans I'm going to be able to pull with that. 

I'M SO EXCITED! AND I JUST CAN'T HIDE IT! :P

• Like 1

5 hours ago, InvokeChaos said:

I'm more excited for Yasunori than maybe any other model in 10T. The wheels are turning and the theoryfaux is full steam ahead for him.

I agree on the Terracotta Warrior buzz. I was chatting with my Faux buddies about all the silly shenanigans I'm going to be able to pull with that. 

I'M SO EXCITED! AND I JUST CAN'T HIDE IT! :P

And you know, you know, you know you're gonna like it.

• Like 1