Guild RoF Upgrades

Justin

11 minutes ago, Vorschlag said:

Tell me more about this mimic...

Terracotta Warrior. Ten Thunders Minion who happens to be a mimic. IIRC Damage against him from actions that didn't target him can be ignored with a discard. So Lucius can essentially use him as a soulstone battery, dealing 3 damage to him whenever he wants to burn a soulstone and discarding a card to prevent the damage. 

He can also throw a condition on Minions/enforcers that gives them a one-time damage redirect from them to the Terracotta warrior, which as per above he can then ignore with  a discard. 

Then there's upgrade swapping - he's basically got a spell that replaces an existing friendly upgrade with another upgrade, paying soulstones for any difference in cost (eg. swapping a 1SS upgrade for a 2SS upgrade). 

This guy is basically one half of the answer to most of Guild Lucius's problems, the other half being the Witchling Thrall (a high cost melee minion who auto-passes horror duels). :)

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Rathnard said:

It's not a modification. Just Rare 1. Justin's right though - there is a way to use Curfew more than once. 

I'm curious to see how long it takes for people to figure this out. ;)

I'm not sure if I like using the Terracotta as a Devil's deal target. It's essentially an exchange of SS for cards. So unless I have a crappy hand I won't use it. 

1 minute ago, Hagisman said:

I'm not sure if I like using the Terracotta as a Devil's deal target. It's essentially an exchange of SS for cards. So unless I have a crappy hand I won't use it. 

Having a bad hand is what I see as Lucius's biggest weakness. He's incredibly reliant on having high enough cards of the right suits to do what he needs to, so being able to ditch bad cards for the suit you need (or a positive flip at least) helps him out ALOT. 

It also lets you swap surprisingly Loyal (which mainly just grants access to out of faction Mimics and Guardsmen) for a more useful upgrade in the first turn. Which helps you mitigate the cost of taking an upgrade purely to hire those out of faction models. Same with Brewmaster and Running Tab. 

• Like 3

Curfew is one of those things that's more powerful when it goes unused.  It will rarely do anything overtly powerful, but it has a strong effect on your opponent's activation order.  Until you use it, the opponent generally has to activate models sooner than they'd probably like to avoid the upgrade getting used to its full potential.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, LunarSol said:

Curfew is one of those things that's more powerful when it goes unused.  It will rarely do anything overtly powerful, but it has a strong effect on your opponent's activation order.  Until you use it, the opponent generally has to activate models sooner than they'd probably like to avoid the upgrade getting used to its full potential.

It will also allow you to use Companion with impudence in the early turns. That has the potential to annoy the living crap out of your opponents.

• Like 5