Guild RoF Upgrades

Justin

Liking those upgrades. A bit sad that there isn't one that affects marshals (would've gone well with that new recruiter), but really want to try an elite marshal list with curfew. Also Hoff + peacekeeper + howard + rail golem + curfew (maybe swap one out for emmisary) could potentionally be brutal early on :P 

55 minutes ago, Hidelfon said:

I didn't understand well the Debt to the guild upgrade. 

Could you explain it better?  Please

You have 2 things:

1) When you die you get a SS to the pool

2) Once during the game you can use this ability. You draw a card and then this model`s Attack Actions deal +1 dmg for ithe duration of the activation.

• Like 1

I'm so happy about the theme on Dashel's upgrade. It feels exactly like the missing piece to his fluff AND mechanics. Perfect.

Debt to the Guild damage boost...is that per model's activation or for the turn? Very important for obey shenanigans.

And as for curfew...

19 hours ago, Gnomezilla said:

Admit it, you're looking forward to licking all the tears off of [blank] faces. I know I am. ^_^

...dammit, these are not tears. :huh:

"Rat milk?" ;)

"...Yeah. Yeah, let's go with that." :mellow:

As a long time guild player I have always felt the generic faction upgrades weaker than other factions. Some of these (in Theory) sound great! I hope they go a long way to balancing out the guild upgrades. Looking forward putting dashel and the executioner back on.the table!

Good luck with that, given that there doesn't seem to be any info about restricting it to a non-master. Masters die very rarely in my experience, so I doubt very highly that if this can be attached to a master that you are going to remove the model from the table without a lot of luck, high cards, and about the same amount of AP you'd have lost to the slow effect directed at trying to kill said master master.

23 minutes ago, Fetid Strumpet said:

Good luck with that, given that there doesn't seem to be any info about restricting it to a non-master. Masters die very rarely in my experience, so I doubt very highly that if this can be attached to a master that you are going to remove the model from the table without a lot of luck, high cards, and about the same amount of AP you'd have lost to the slow effect directed at trying to kill said master master.

But then there's the additional benefit that A) I killed the Master and B ) the Master didn't equip one of their personal Upgrades, restricting their options. :^D

It'll be a game changer. It'll be interesting to see it on the field.

I'm curious, what Masters do people think it will work best with? I'm going to start Guild in 2017, so I'm genuinely curious who the more "elite crew" Masters are. Honestly, I think Nellie will probably work good in that respect with her being able to hire 4 Mercenaries.

• Like 1

will be good on LJ I think => she doensn't really have "must have" upgrades so you don't lose out on that part and you can then basicaly make any type of elite crew that you'd like as she goes with everyone. furthermore if you go after her more likely then not you can force situations where you can get her in meelee because they try to hunt her down, which in and of itself is a huge +.

Something that I don't think has been said about Curfew:

According to a trustworthy source, you have to pay a soulstone and discard the upgrade to hand out Slow to enemy unactivated models. Perhaps something got lost in him telling me, but it's one-shot and costs you a SS as far as I know.

It'll be great for certain critical turns against enemy swarms, but is not a backbreaker that has to die or you lose.

2 hours ago, Pyrflamme said:

According to a trustworthy source, you have to pay a soulstone and discard the upgrade to hand out Slow to enemy unactivated models. Perhaps something got lost in him telling me, but it's one-shot and costs you a SS as far as I know.

It'll be great for certain critical turns against enemy swarms, but is not a backbreaker that has to die or you lose.

Yeah. All of that makes a difference. Still seems decent for an elite crew.

3 hours ago, Pyrflamme said:

Hopefully this is true. Crews that spam models are generally designed with that in mind, denying that for even a turn is really potent. Not that Slow necessarily shuts it down but it definitely impacts their potential especially if done on a critical turn.

8 minutes ago, fauxreigner said:

Numb to the world: does this make a model immune to all conditions? If so, I like it in a McMourning crew where a nurse can then heal the model without paralyzing, and Dougie and give an injection without poisoning.

It does not. It allows the model not to gain a Condition applied by an enemy model.

On 5 augusti 2016 at 11:17 PM, Parker Barrows said:

But then there's the additional benefit that A) I killed the Master and B ) the Master didn't equip one of their personal Upgrades, restricting their options. :^D

It'll be a game changer. It'll be interesting to see it on the field.

I'm curious, what Masters do people think it will work best with? I'm going to start Guild in 2017, so I'm genuinely curious who the more "elite crew" Masters are. Honestly, I think Nellie will probably work good in that respect with her being able to hire 4 Mercenaries.

A lot of the masters don't use the full 3 upgrades. I could see Perdita, Lady Justice and Lucius using this since they don't use all upgrades and are always outnumbered.

Hoffman might benefit although I'm not sure what upgrade he would give up for it. McCabe probably won't need it but could take it as insirance and a bonus for promises.

30 minutes ago, Ludvig said:

A lot of the masters don't use the full 3 upgrades. I could see Perdita, Lady Justice and Lucius using this since they don't use all upgrades and are always outnumbered.

Hoffman might benefit although I'm not sure what upgrade he would give up for it. McCabe probably won't need it but could take it as insirance and a bonus for promises.

Ummm.... Dita and LadyJ sure, but Lucius always outnumbered? In the later stages of the game when you've killed half your crew and your opponent the other half maybe? :D

54 minutes ago, Louie said:

Ummm.... Dita and LadyJ sure, but Lucius always outnumbered? In the later stages of the game when you've killed half your crew and your opponent the other half maybe? :D

Yeah, the later stages like turn 2-3 and beyond. My opponents frequently remove 10ish stones on turn 1. That or they summon a ton of stuff which also leaves you out-activated turn 2 and beyond.

On 6.08.2016 at 0:25 AM, Pyrflamme said:

@Hagisman

can you confirm?

1 hour ago, trikk said:

@Hagisman

can you confirm?

Disproven in my original post. You can only use it if you are out of activations and your opponent isn't. Then it only affects his unactivated models  of your enemy  

So unless you are taking only a handful of models and your opponent is taking a ton it's very Situational. Good against summon crews, not Nico though.