Guild RoF Upgrades

Justin

Justin creates these threads so that those who have the book can discuss the information in a collected place. These are common types of things from when the Open Betas were being run for any particular topic. Its a good way to keep those who don't want spoiling away from the information, and a good way for Justin and Wyrd to gage community interest, opinions, thoughtful analysis, and knee-jerk reactions in one place. If you don't have the book and don't want spoilers then you'd want to avoid these threads. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Hagisman said:

What are the generic upgrades for? If I remember Nythera a couple models were going to get 0ss upgrades. Or am I living a pipe dream?

Not 0ss upgrades, necessarily, I think. Nythera did promise us some upgrades meant to buff some of the less-used models in each faction. Executioners for Guild, I believe. 

1 hour ago, wizuriel said:

I for one am very excited by the upgrades. I can't believe that [blank] was given [blank] letting is finally [blank]

That [blank] is so broken with [blank] I can't beleive that got thru play testing, there is a reason after all [blank] hasn't had access to [blank]!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Omenbringer said:

That [blank] is so broken with [blank] I can't believe that got thru play testing, there is a reason after all [blank] hasn't had access to [blank]!!!

Admit it, you're looking forward to licking all the tears off of [blank] faces. I know I am. ^_^

...dammit, these are not tears. :huh:

<DO NOT LISTEN TO THIS PODCAST, YOU DON`T WANT SPOILER TRIKK>!

Clicks...

Dashel:

Summoning vs Walk with Ca6 is a nice idea unless you`re playing Heahhunter/Hunting Party as it might be free points. But it not only helps Dashel as you can get cheap activations quite easily (its usually +1 vs average Wk of 5 and all you need to do is tie) but also might help Guild Guards as you can hire one and get one from the Summon.

A Debt to the Guild:

Sounds awesome. Guild really lacks card draws currently (Scales of Justice being one of the few) and this is nice. Also since it works on all Attack Actions things like Ryle with extra ram, flurry, rapid fire can really put up the pain and some models might get to Min damage 5 easily.

@Justin that was actually my question :D. Spoil some more! I need my book :<

Nellie's upgrades make me wish masters could take 4. They are all really competitive in my opinion.

Guild Funds(Nellie)

This is probably the upgrade that would be on Nellie's card if there was room. Gives a defensive trigger to her to gain Evidence, adds more evidence tricks, and gives her the ability to claim model deaths from conditions.

Since she has a built in tome for Df this seems like a no brainier to auto include.

Embedded(Nellie)

This will be an upgrade I will never leave home without. It allows you to hire non-Ressers or Neverborn Mercs at their regular cost. And increases the limit from two Mercs to four. I've got a plan with Hans and Envy that I want to try?

Misleading Headlines(Nellie)

This is where Nellie can skip activations in her crew really powerful with reporters and the Crossroad 7.  It also gives the ability to give out Mood Swings which was only Neverborn before. This is probably going to be an auto take.

Delegation(Nellie)

Gives out fast and if you lower evidence target can drop a scheme marker or heal. This'll be powerful... So powerful. It gives a better support ability that can help for example give Dr Grimwell focus on his Lobatomy attack.

Transparency (Journalist, Rare1)

Had to read this twice as it gives a Tomes trigger to all Journalists attacks within the model's aura to drop a scheme marker next to target. This includes Nellie. I feel like this will be more powerful than I think. It probably will make leave your mark and detonate charges a lot easier for Nellie's crew especially if they get late turn activation  

Wrath of the Guild(Phiona Gage)

Gives bonuses when attacking activated models. Combines well with Nellie using her Evidence to skip activations. Phiona is a power house in my opinion. 

Arrest Him(Dashel)

It gives Dashel some triggers on his ranged attack whih I applaud and a 1 action to summon Guild Guard. He can only summon once per turn, but it's good to have more reliable summoning in Guild. Maybe this could be combined with a Sonnia summon list, but Stalkers and Guard are weak nuisance models.

Ready to Work(Executioner)

Gives a better walk to the Executioner and a powerful 1 per game 1action charge. It will be an auto include as its more of a patch to the executioner. It also means that the executioner might be able to charge two models a turn if he kills the first charge target.

Curfew(Rare 1)

Gives slow to unactivated models on your opponent's side when you are done activating. This seems like an anti-gremlin spam upgrade, as well as just anti-summoning. It won't be taken often by me, but it'll be good to slow down those lists that out activate you  

Numb to the World(non-master rare 1)

The main draw is it stops conditions being given to the model. Exactly like Jack Daw and it's a cheap upgrade so that's not nothing  

A Debt to Guild(non-master rare 3)

this adds to Guild's card drawing. It's very limited in that it can only be used once per game but it has a way to recover its ss cost when the model dies. I won't take it often but I could see putting it on Dashel in a Lucius crew. 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Bengt said:

Did he say if there was a TN on Dashel's summon attack?

No target number but it is limited to once a turn.

2 hours ago, trikk said:

I relistened to it and it seems like its "Casting 6, resist walk, range 6". No mentions on TN.

He also gets 2 triggers to his gun. That probably means crit strike and... something else

Yah it's Crit strike and a force push target if you discard a friend scheme marker.

Calling @Hagisman!

Curfew is something except Rare 1? Non master?

Seems great vs Alpha strikes. Allows you to run 6-7 model crews. Works on all models?

Numb to the World()
Non-master? Rare 1?

A Debt to Guild()

This allows Francisco 3 min damage 4 atacks.

Ryle with :ram upgrade can also be very good, like Sidir and even Abuela with 3 damage flips. 

I`ll probably have 2 of those. Seem very powerful, and if Nellie gives Fast, a Fast Bishop with this can be hilarious :D

1 hour ago, trikk said:

Calling @Hagisman!

Curfew is something except Rare 1? Non master?

Seems great vs Alpha strikes. Allows you to run 6-7 model crews. Works on all models?

Numb to the World()
Non-master? Rare 1?

A Debt to Guild()

This allows Francisco 3 min damage 4 atacks.

Ryle with :ram upgrade can also be very good, like Sidir and even Abuela with 3 damage flips. 

I`ll probably have 2 of those. Seem very powerful, and if Nellie gives Fast, a Fast Bishop with this can be hilarious :D

Curfew is just rare one. The rest I'll update