Ten Thunders & Resurrectionist Lineup

Lucidicide

I'm not a big fan of the Wolf-things - they might end up being decent minis but the art is uninspiring. Not horrid but not all that great. Also not a fan of the old dude that's attached to the Bandersnatch - these sorts of things don't work on gaming minis, IMO (I also hate the Wendigo's victim, for example).

But other than those, I think that the Neverborn are looking great taking the top spot with Gremlins for quality. The blobs are awesome, Titania's box is great and the Spider is cool other than the old dude. Good job!

• Like 1

I think the Blobs, Bandersnatch and Titania are what I feel are more in line with "my" fae concept for Neverborn. The minions are a bit too wood elfish (for my taste) but I feel they are some of the ones that have the most "character" for minions. "Dogs" look a bit random to me, because there were dogs already in the previous book.

I for instances find the ice scream extremely funny  and one of the things that create those little details for the game. I think we all are a bit tired of too generic things or we wouldn't play Malifaux.

There are things one likes and dislikes, (the nit picking is really not necessary) but I think we have to agree that Wyrd made an Awesome job of all this lineups, from concept to physical products.

Congratulations Wyrd.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Cinnamon Bear said:

Can zombies still enjoy ice cream?

Can they taste things?

These are crucial questions.

Maybe the zombie monster dude has an action where he offers the icecream and it works like Obey, or he can Lure people around corners with his icecream on a tentacle :P It might be that it doesn't have any deeper relation with the icecream, but that it just exploits the powers of the icecream.

I do hope it's Archie. I'm also interested to read its fluff even if it isn't him (her/it).

• Like 2

Not super fond of the undead hounds.  The whole set has a neat, beware of the woods, vibe, but the big dogs are a little too Resser rotting flesh than I'd like out of Neverborn.  The blob things do Neverborn undead better, IMO, looking a bit more like magically warped unlife than simply rotting monsters.

3 hours ago, Pyrflamme said:

It'd say a lot about the average Malifaux citizen's thought process if they went "Hmm. A tentacle. On the other hand, ice cream. Decisions, decisions. I think I'm going to go with the ice cream anyways, I have a good feeling about this."

"Look Bob, it's an ice cream cone! Let's go it it."

"Jerry you dunce! Look at the tentacle holding it! That thing'll kill us before we even get a taste."

"Bob, this is Malifaux. Everything here is a tentacle trying to kill us. But only that is a delicious ice cream cone. I'm going for it."

• Like 6

OK,

On the ice cream, I will admit that if the actual card has some sort of action based on the ice cream cone that will just be awesome, the proverbial chocolate sauce.

Not sure what, a lure (never accept ice cream off zombies you don't know), a heal/condition removal (the restorative ice cream binge), an attack (ice cream to the face and slow due to dread cold shock).  I mean come on, you can't put it on the mini and not have it on the card, please.

A full version in what context?

The Wyrd official preview is here with a link to the wallpaper  http://www.wyrd-games.net/news/2016/7/31/the-ten-thunders-lineup

The master and box are limited spoiler-review here http://www.wyrd-games.net/asami-tanaka

And the inane commentary and speculation is in this thread and I'm guessing spread throughout the forums.  As far as I'm aware there is no more 'fuller' versions available, at least for the next 24-48 hours and the GenCon availability of Ripples of Fate.

Not sure what you are requesting but hope that helps.

On 3.8.2016 at 1:01 AM, SoylentRobot said:

ive never seen ice cream upset so many people before

This thread is so full of ice cream hate! There's been all of one person expressing it! That's more than zero! AAAARRGHH!! Oh, and one other person didn't like the mini but didn't specify whether it was due to the ice cream or not! Panic! Everyone, to the lifeboats! Wyrd is going down due to all this ice cream hate!

latest?cb=20150713214141

Quick, we need more ice cream positive posts (of which there have been only something like thirty in this thread)! Bonus points if it talks about selling kidneys since the ice cream model is so needed!

;):P 

• Like 2

Dare I actually say I don't like the Ice cream as well?  Its just my opinion though and I am sure I can chop it off or re work it into something more.....sensible!

As for the rest of the stuff..well, TT can just be forgotten.

Resser wise, I am liking it all, though the shieldbearer things are a bit on the bland side. 

I also liked the Guild stuff, and most of the neverborn.

• Like 2

On 03/08/2016 at 9:02 AM, Tokapondora said:

The Ten Thunder wallpaper is the only one not in 2560x1440, even if the version says 2560x1440 in the name.

Have to agree, this one is smaller than all the others.  Would love to get the bigger version!  Size matters peeps!

Also, I really hope the spirits are removable from the Goryo's face.  I'm pondering making that one my Lone Swordsman!