Ten Thunders & Resurrectionist Lineup

Lucidicide

I absolutely love everything in both of them!  On the 10T, the ki-rin rider in the back looks especially awesome!

I really like the Resser lineup a well, and might have to snag a set of those zombie axemen for Leveticus. :D  

9 minutes ago, santaclaws01 said:

Everyone talking about Archie is missing one key factor. He(it?) is a time traveler. The Ice Cream Cone was first introduced in 1904 at the St Louis World's Fair. The current year in Malifaux is 1902. It's the only logical explanation as to why he could have something that won't be created for 3 more years.

The ice cream cone was popularized in 1904, that wasn't the first time it shows up in various recipe books.

1906, as of Shifting Loyalties.

More timeline information:

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, santaclaws01 said:

Everyone talking about Archie is missing one key factor. He(it?) is a time traveler. The Ice Cream Cone was first introduced in 1904 at the St Louis World's Fair. The current year in Malifaux is 1902. It's the only logical explanation as to why he could have something that won't be created for 3 more years.

The ice cream cone was popularized in 1904, that wasn't the first time it shows up in various recipe books.

1906, as of Shifting Loyalties.

More timeline information:

10 minutes ago, -Loki- said:

Ummm. I saw this on Dakka Dakka. Early leak?

15n4mu0.jpg

The Gorar looks enormous. Far left. Bandersnatch is in. Creepy blob things are in.

Dear Wyrd,

Do you prefer money or a limb as payment, because I want it all but the blob things.

Thank you,

D_Acolyte

Also how many of them do you think are Fae?

Hmmmm. I think I'm having similar thoughts to the Ressers right now. I like Reva's box and love Titania's box, but when I think about the rest of the faction and the new stuff, none of it really reaches out and grabs me.

Favorite model shown so far is still the bearded death marshal (and the rest of Guild aside from Nellie and her totem), but I love every single one of the Outcast releases and I'm already thinking about starting up Parker and Jack this fall.

Things I hope we hear about in the future: A new organized play campaign, the factions who didn't get alt promos last Black Friday getting some this time around (Outcast, Gremlin, 10 Thunders), and a model for that bruiser Guardsman lady from the last Chronicles.

Almost everything in the Neverborn lineup is something I want. I'm wondering if those blob things are a Nightmare/Fae cross? It certainly would fit. The guy on the Bandersnatch's base looks like it'll be easy enough to leave off. The only off bit is the big undead dogs. Not sure what's going on there, but I'll wait and see the fluff to give them a fair shake.

Still surprised by the Gorar. The box render made it look tiny, like 30mm base sized. Someone made a joke about it being 70mm wide for a 30mm base, and I think they might not be too far off. Looks like it's going to be another 50mm base Totem.

4 hours ago, -Loki- said:

Still surprised by the Gorar. The box render made it look tiny, like 30mm base sized. Someone made a joke about it being 70mm wide for a 30mm base, and I think they might not be too far off. Looks like it's going to be another 50mm base Totem.

If The Gorar render is to scale with the other models it would not fit on a 30 mm base. Unless it's another totem joke I would expect a 40 or even 50 mm base based on the render. I would guess that the graphics designer scaled it up to make it fit nicely in that spot on the wallpaper.

I'm curious why they didn't crop out the guy with the lantern, I know he is in the image in Chronicles but it seems weird to have him as part of the model.

Dunno about the Undead Fae Balls, the models could go either way. They look pretty Neverborn-y though, the larger undead things (dogs?) just look plain undead, like I expect Resurrectionist models to look, so not very fond of those. The Bandersnatch looks ok I guess (and if they put the man in the model I'm definitely cutting him :P), but it would be another one of those where something is insanely powerful in the fluff and have to be scaled down for play. I find that kind of lazy writing a bit annoying.

Ok, I will definitely get the Titania box 'cause it's awesome. And probably the creepy Bandersnatch. And quite possibly the undead hounds as well. Maybe the Fae blobs, too, if their rules are great. Actually, I think these are all of the new models for the faction. Dang.

16 hours ago, solkan said:

So I'm sure you can imagine Molly and her gang visiting the local soda parlor, getting refreshments and ice cream, and absolutely nothing bad happens.  :huh:

visiting the local soda parlor, getting refreshments and ice cream, and absolutely nothing bad happens.  :huh:

and absolutely nothing bad happens.  :huh:

I suppose it depends on which parlor she visits :mellow:

[[Spoilers are gone, but there's a picture in here, just didn't want to offend anyone more... offendable.]]

"Just for you, little lady." ~ Creep ice cream man.

• Like 1

So the Titiana box, already love the mini's.  Really want to see the rules.

The Bandersnatch is, interesting, guess it will come down to rules and role.

The blob (Fae? I assume) are twisted and disturbing, the rules will be the kicker here, the mini's are 50/50 for me, I don't love 'em but can live with them.

The undead (I agree) looking hounds, seem like maybe some sort of giant (pack leader?) corrupted hounds? I'm alright with them but they could be resser as easy as NB, but I suppose that is true of the corrupted hounds as well.  They will likely be beasts so have crossover to my Marcus builds maybe.  Interested to see the rules.

Also we've got Guild Hounds, Canine Remains, Corrupted Hounds.  Will the other factions get a similar style minion, I hope so.  TT get maybe Foo Dogs, Gremlins get maybe Hunting Dogs, Outcasts get Fighting Dogs and Arcanists get Wild Dogs???  Hope springs eternal.

• Like 1