Jorogumo Help!

BlitzMonkey

Besides Smoke and Shadows there isn't any direct synergy with the Jorogumo. They can isolate models with Smoke markers and still hit them twice, which is nice. I have a hard time seeing that two will fit though, unless you are willing to part ways with Sensei Yu or play with six models. I guess you could put Smoke and Shadows on Misaki, but that is also a waste of Misaki's offensive potential. Maybe if you use a Disguise build... Overall there are better models for Misaki, in my opinion.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Patzer said:

Besides Smoke and Shadows there isn't any direct synergy with the Jorogumo. They can isolate models with Smoke markers and still hit them twice, which is nice. I have a hard time seeing that two will fit though, unless you are willing to part ways with Sensei Yu or play with six models. I guess you could put Smoke and Shadows on Misaki, but that is also a waste of Misaki's offensive potential. Maybe if you use a Disguise build... Overall there are better models for Misaki, in my opinion.

What about bringing Sensei Yu with Yamaziko or the Emissary?  Or I guess, what kind of models does she like?  

Ten Thunders
50ss Crew

Misaki
 +Recalled Training - 1ss
 +Misdirection - 2ss
 +Stalking Bisento - 2ss

Shang - 3ss

Sensei Yu - 9ss
 +Wandering River Style - 2ss

Shadow Effigy - 4ss

That is my base for any Misaki crew, credit to "Blue Tack" (and Schemes and Stones). Its a really good base that leaves us with 27ss left. 24ss really because Misaki should be played with a 5+ in cache. 24ss could be two Jorogumo and a 6ss model, but if you want Smoke and Shadows and Yamaziko something else needs to go. If we take away Shang we are back up at 27ss. Yamaziko with SaS and two Jorogumo are 26ss which fits, but leaves us on only six models. To my taste that is a bit low, but who knows, it might just work. Possibly, you could put Smoke and Shadows on Misaki for the cost of maybe Misdirection or Recalled Training. That frees up 8-9ss if you don't want to take Yamaziko, and depending on which upgrade is omitted. For example:

Ten Thunders
50ss Crew

Misaki -- 5ss
 +Stalking Bisento - 2ss
 +Misdirection - 2ss
 +Smoke & Shadows - 1ss

Shang - 3ss

Chiaki The Niece - 6ss (possibly a Torakage or Oiran for another Last Blossom model, or Pathfinder for a jumping point).

Jorogumo - 9ss

Jorogumo - 9ss

Sensei Yu - 9ss

Shadow Effigy - 4ss

21 minutes ago, Patzer said:

Ten Thunders
50ss Crew

Misaki
 +Recalled Training - 1ss
 +Misdirection - 2ss
 +Stalking Bisento - 2ss

Shang - 3ss

Sensei Yu - 9ss

Shadow Effigy - 4ss

That is my base for any Misaki crew, credit to "Blue Tack" (and Schemes and Stones). Its a really good base that leaves us with 27ss left. 24ss really because Misaki should be played with a 5+ in cache. 24ss could be two Jorogumo and a 6ss model, but if you want Smoke and Shadows and Yamaziko something else needs to go. If we take away Shang we are back up at 27ss. Yamaziko with SaS and two Jorogumo are 26ss which fits, but leaves us on only six models. To my taste that is a bit low, but who knows, it might just work. Possibly, you could put Smoke and Shadows on Misaki for the cost of maybe Misdirection or Recalled Training. That frees up 8-9ss if you don't want to take Yamaziko, and depending on which upgrade is omitted. For example:

Ten Thunders
50ss Crew

Misaki -- 5ss
 +Stalking Bisento - 2ss
 +Misdirection - 2ss
 +Smoke & Shadows - 1ss

Shang - 3ss

Chiaki The Niece - 6ss (possibly a Torakage or Oiran for another Last Blossom model, or Pathfinder for a jumping point).

Jorogumo - 9ss

Jorogumo - 9ss

Sensei Yu - 9ss

Shadow Effigy - 4ss

This is close to what I was debating for a game I am playing tomorrow.  

Standard Deployment with Headhunter, Show of Force, Leave Your Mark, Detonate the Charges, and Public Demonstration.