Marvel Universe Miniatures Game

10 hours ago, Critical Twits said:

Stop making me want to buy things! ;)

Seriously, though, those 360 degree gif jobbies are awesome.

6 hours ago, yipiyip said:

I agree. There are probably some spinning platforms (like a plastic salt/pepper rotary I found at a dollar store) that may make them easier. I glued a piece of cardboard to that rotary and it makes a nice turning display plinth.

I've found that they're easier to do with some models than others.

Most models have a 'sweet spot' that makes for a good photo and that's very rarely from the same distance and angle on each side. If you look at all the marvel ones you'll see that the models standing upright with a fairly basic pose worked much better as gifs than ones crouching or in more dynamic poses. Given that Wyrd Games models are all in very active and dynamic poses I'm not quite sure how to do them well without the gifs being very 'jumpy'.

However when the next wave of Malifaux arrives via my friendly local gaming store I'll certainly be giving it a go.....

• Like 2

16 hours ago, GMort said:

I've found that they're easier to do with some models than others.

Most models have a 'sweet spot' that makes for a good photo and that's very rarely from the same distance and angle on each side. If you look at all the marvel ones you'll see that the models standing upright with a fairly basic pose worked much better as gifs than ones crouching or in more dynamic poses. Given that Wyrd Games models are all in very active and dynamic poses I'm not quite sure how to do them well without the gifs being very 'jumpy'.

However when the next wave of Malifaux arrives via my friendly local gaming store I'll certainly be giving it a go.....

I can see that could be a problem, of course you could do a video and loop it as a gif? Having more frames could solve the jumpy problem perhaps.. Just sugguestions. I still love your work regardless!

• 3 months later...
On 21/08/2016 at 5:35 PM, yipiyip said:

I can see that could be a problem, of course you could do a video and loop it as a gif? Having more frames could solve the jumpy problem perhaps.. Just sugguestions. I still love your work regardless!

Well the articles were good practice for creating rotating images for Malifaux and (with a few minor hiccups) I've gotten much better at them now. On a related note it's extremely unlikely that I'll be doing any more features on Knight Games products in the future as I've just been banned from their official Facebook group for saying in a completely different Facebook group that they didn't handle constructive criticism very well...

I suppose I should be gratified that being banned for saying that they can't handle criticism completely proves my initial point what with constructive criticism being the thing that got me banned...if you see what I mean, lol. That'll teach me to try out things that aren't Malifaux...

Edit - I'm now no longer banned...My point still stands though...

• Like 1