Guild Lineup

Lucidicide

7 minutes ago, daniello_s said:

Levi is disappointed too...

lol

Well, excuse me, let me modify my last post.

Hoffman players are supposed to be playing with the wave three toys that Leveticus can't touch, nyah nyah! :P

12 minutes ago, Nukemouse said:

Maybe there will be some Arcanist constructs he can take or one of the new general upgrades will be construct support?

I like you. You have interesting ideas. Not awesome ones *stops hitting Kobayashi*, but interesting nonetheless.

But yeah, the longer I look at Phiona the more I think she just isn't going to qualify. She's near to the line of legality and human decency, but not over it. One awful warning of a creature is enough.

I think the wild man on the far right might just be The Judge without his hat and mask on. Think about it. He's an advanced Marshall that has a gunblade i.e. The Long Arm. The long arm can even trigger via Bullets and Blades to melee then shoot in melee range. My money is that scraggly fella is The Judge alternate model!

• Like 1

Looking very interesting.  The two Death Marshal looking folks are intriguing and Allison Dade++ although given her look and background interesting that she is not the heavy hitter in the box (seems more theme) over Phiona Gage (who seems more random).

I'm going to be interested to read the backstory fluff which explains Phiona.

1 hour ago, Cadaverousbirth said:

Allison Dade is my favorite, despite the profile photo :P

I was going to go Asami for a while...now I'm not so sure. At least it will be a whole while until the NEW new units are out for general release.....uugghhhh Wyrd I don't have enough money for you! 

Where did you get your Avatar pic?!

Talk or you will end up like those blindfolded guys!

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, JisaacT said:

I think the wild man on the far right might just be The Judge without his hat and mask on. Think about it. He's an advanced Marshall that has a gunblade i.e. The Long Arm. The long arm can even trigger via Bullets and Blades to melee then shoot in melee range. My money is that scraggly fella is The Judge alternate model!

Probably not. Gremlins didn't seem to get an alternative model. Plus, I think the Judge lost his jaw back in 1st edition. 

If I recall right, most death marshals are basically rotting alive.

34 minutes ago, RodneyAnon said:

i like the female take on Phineas Gage. A truly twisted idea. Congrats! 

It is both interesting and excellent just how much of an education I am picking up through Wyrd, from mythology to odd and groundbreaking historical figures a marked number of Malifaux characters force me to look up on the web what inspired them and slowly fill my brain with interesting factoids and trivia.

This is becoming one of the hidden pleasures I get playing. Keep it up, full marks for not just cool names and characters but for really interesting, cultural and historical tie ins.

• Like 4

Those blind prisoners make me think of maybe, like, people who failed or had something happen during the process of becoming a death marshal. The flames coming out of the eyes and the blindfolds remind me of the Marshal's flaming skulls and the lady's blindfold. Either that, or maybe they're captured necromancers or other penitents like her (sadly terrible) totem.

Yep, more Guild Marshal support was exactly what was needed to stop my waffling about thinking of other factions. Those original death marshals were what first drew my attention to the game, and I followed it closely for years despite only jumping in last year. Just really fun, dynamic models to paint and so over the top they wrap back around to be awesome.

8 hours ago, Gnomezilla said:

*dispatches a warden to slap @Kobayashiupside the head for last night's fitful sleep* You don't get a full-on peacekeeper slap upside the head, not least that it wouldn't be able to reach down that far, but you still get a slap.

8 hours ago, Gnomezilla said:

Not awesome ones *stops hitting Kobayashi*, but interesting nonetheless.

I use my Squeel ability to get out of harms way. With a full on squeel. The same kind of squeel you hear when Ulyx enters the barn... :3

• Like 1

I like the vibe of this Guild release wave. This is not flashy but very stylish while sober. Some love for the deathmarshall theme is always good (my favourite theme in Guilad) and I find the new journalist theme extremely appealing.

Also, TTB NPCs getting minis in Malifaux is just awesome.

• Like 2

We saw an early version of Allison Dade's card during the Nythera campaign as a reward for one of the weeks, and I'm looking forward to her. She's got a lot of neat synergy with other guild crews.

Also it feels almost like a reversal of the Shifting Loyalties Guild releases, which were mostly all real bastards or victims of the Guild- the Sanitarium crew, the bound mages, Queeg being a complete sadist, etc. Lady J and the Marshals (not to mention Perdita and Hoffman) seem to err on the side of "protagonists" (or at least anti-heroes), and it looks like Nellie might be too. Some more sympathetic-ish characters are nice.

I'm guessing the two prisoners won't be a separate unit, but will be on a large base with the Death Marshall. If those are captured Resurrectionists that he's leading around, he might be using them to track down and gobble up corpse, scrap and/or scheme markers like a Guild version of McTavish.

Bit disappointed there's no Ortega love this time around, but still excited!