New Wyrdos

Lucidicide

9 minutes ago, Aaron said:

Hey everyone,

I'm really excited to announce that this month we added two new team members to the Wyrd family! We are happy to have them on board, and if you want to take a moment to welcome them, all the better.

First, we have @John.Cason, a graphic designer. John came over to us just about a month ago now, and has dived right in! The new Master boxes in all their 3D glory were done by him, and you'll see even more of his work at GenCon.

Second, we have @Lindsey, our newest game developer. She's been volunteering and playtesting for a variety of other games, and she's bringing her passion and experience onto our team. She's starting today, and she's ready to be launched into GenCon in a trial by fire!

Say hello, and if you're at GenCon, you can introduce yourselves there, too!

You just needed extra slave labor for the Con season, didn't you?

Curious though, when you say 3d glory did John do the digital sculpts, or just the box mock up and design?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Lindsey said:

Hi everyone! Yes please stop by the booth if you are at GenCon and say hi, I would love to meet you. Also feel free to send me messages if you have questions or just want to talk about games. Thanks for the warm welcomes!

Oh now you've done it. You are going to get no work done now. lol

;)

51 minutes ago, asrian said:

What about impromptu visits to Wyrd HQ, @Nathan Caroland? I'll be in Atlanta the week leading up to DragonCon (as usual) this year and was thinking of robbing the place....err, visiting. :lol:

Usually not to be honest. Every once in awhile we'll follow up with someone, but in general we've got a lot going on and folks just stopping in left and right usually manage to halt one to five people from doing what they are supposed to until I harrumph everyone back to it. Not that I don't like folks being social - I'm just old fashion in that I usually don't like to pay people to do so.

:)

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Lindsey said:

Oh no, this would explain why Aaron kept shaking his head at me whenever I walked by. 

YEah...you are in for it. GenCon is an event. You may want to delve into parts of my primer I wrote for AWP.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3Azg5GNpKW5UGcxT0xhcnU1Um8

BTW Wyrd folk, shouldn't Lindsey be more than a Peon status?

10 hours ago, Lindsey said:

Hi everyone! Yes please stop by the booth if you are at GenCon and say hi, I would love to meet you. Also feel free to send me messages if you have questions or just want to talk about games. Thanks for the warm welcomes!

(Me) Hi. My name is Dan and I'm Malifaux addict...

(Lindsey) Hi Dan!

;)

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Aaron said:

Hey everyone,

I'm really excited to announce that this month we added two new team members to the Wyrd family! We are happy to have them on board, and if you want to take a moment to welcome them, all the better.

First, we have @John.Cason, a graphic designer. John came over to us just about a month ago now, and has dived right in! The new Master boxes in all their 3D glory were done by him, and you'll see even more of his work at GenCon.

Second, we have @Lindsey, our newest game developer. She's been volunteering and playtesting for a variety of other games, and she's bringing her passion and experience onto our team. She's starting today, and she's ready to be launched into GenCon in a trial by fire!

Say hello, and if you're at GenCon, you can introduce yourselves there, too!

Welcome to both !

So John is one of the people who worked on the most gorgeous miniature release bundle I have seen in the last few years. Good start !

Is Lindsey working on Malifaux, The Other side, other projects or everything ?

By the way, maybe I am the only one curious about this but I would be very interested in seeing an article in the Wyrd Chronicles about Game and miniature design and the role of each of the stakeholders at Wyrd's during the different steps of a given project. Maybe an idea for the release of the Other side?

• Like 1

Welcome to you both

I love the new models coming out so John, well done on those!

Lindsey, I'd love to become a Games designer myself, so very jealous!

Wish I could meet you (and the other staff!) at Gancon, but until a teleportation device is invented, that's probably a pipe dream!

PS. Hi. My name is Joel and I'm a Malifaux addict too!