Questions about The Infamy: Ship of Zipp the Sky Pirate

Hey everyone,

I was just reading the lore page for the new crew box The Sky Pirates, and in it Zipp has an airship of sorts called the Infamy. Naturally, I want to now build a terrain piece of the Infamy to play on and do creative scenarios with once I get the box. 

The question I have is, what might the Infamy look like? It says he stole it, and it probably has a classic Gremlin touch, but where might he have got it first? Guild? Arcanists? Elsewhere?

Id like some feedback so I can start sketching designs to begin building once I get the box.

In the Nythera Penny Dreadful one of the rumors is that a Guild Airship that Andre was set to host a party on had gone missing, so I'm reasonably sure it was originally Guild. Who knows though!

Also it sounds like its assumed the ship is to be hovering over the fight given the language of some of Zipp's abilities and upgrades.

The Infamy could look like any number of airships, from standard Zeppelin to something more Anima-esque. Here are some examples:

drawing-norge-airship_zpsiyhueydv.jpg

Airship%20ballon_zpswqplzsam.jpg

Airship%20fishing_zpsocvlc4yd.jpg

Airship%20sleek_zpsd1hzifad.jpg

Personally though I hope it looks like one of the Airships from the Studio Gibli Movie Castle in the Sky like these

Studio%20Gibli%20Military_zpso8hkqpul.jp

Though the other pirate ship could also be cool:

Studio%20Gibli%20Pirate_zpsv6sn1gre.jpg

Knowing the Wyrd crews sense of humor and disdain of all things Gremlin...this will probably be what the Infamy ends up looking like

pixar_zpsix11ceud.png

• Like 3

Thank you very much. Im thinking, from that description and the one of aircars in The Mountains Straight Reply from Twisted Fates, a guild based airship that looks somewhat like the first picture you posted. Im just trying to figure out how to make the miniatures fit in it now...maybe like the first one with the cab hanging down, making there be a "deck" of sorts.

If you are going to make it a terrain piece then I would do in it three parts. The top shell, the bottom shell, and the hanging cabin.

The top shell would essentially be just the upper half of the air bladder (this can be done with paper mache or you might be able to find an "egg" shaped card board base from a craft shop).

The bottom shell would be the lower portion of the air bladder (which the upper shell would nest into, however keep in mind that airships like this typically had internal gantries that allowed access to the engines and fuel tanks during flight. So this portion could be another terrain element.

The hanging cabin would need to feature the control room, a passenger compartment, storage locker for luggage, perhaps a dining area with Galley, and of course a lavatory.

If you go the Indiana Jones route then you might also consider adding a biplane or two behind the hanging cabin.

This would be an extremely large piece, i.e. it will extend beyond the confines of the standard 3' x 3' table space.

I would encourage you to look at the Disney/ Pixar movie Up for a look at the Large Airship of the "Bad Guy" (even has a museum), Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade for a look at a Passenger Zeppelin, and Studio Gibli's Castle in the Sky for some other options in Airship design (more fantasy based than reality). The last movie features the pirate ship I mentioned and showed above and would be a nice design for a terrain center piece.

I like that idea. Thank you for the input. Ill start sketching it up tomorrow after I get some much needed shut eye. I was just looking at both of the airship designs (I've seen both movies, so I had the basic idea) and that should work out. While it may be longer than the 3ft required, the play space would probably be smaller. But either way, these would be some fun scenarios.

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎7‎/‎22‎/‎2016 at 4:59 AM, Omenbringer said:

If you are going to make it a terrain piece then I would do in it three parts. The top shell, the bottom shell, and the hanging cabin.

The top shell would essentially be just the upper half of the air bladder (this can be done with paper mache or you might be able to find an "egg" shaped card board base from a craft shop).

The bottom shell would be the lower portion of the air bladder (which the upper shell would nest into, however keep in mind that airships like this typically had internal gantries that allowed access to the engines and fuel tanks during flight. So this portion could be another terrain element.

The hanging cabin would need to feature the control room, a passenger compartment, storage locker for luggage, perhaps a dining area with Galley, and of course a lavatory.

If you go the Indiana Jones route then you might also consider adding a biplane or two behind the hanging cabin.

This would be an extremely large piece, i.e. it will extend beyond the confines of the standard 3' x 3' table space.

I would encourage you to look at the Disney/ Pixar movie Up for a look at the Large Airship of the "Bad Guy" (even has a museum), Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade for a look at a Passenger Zeppelin, and Studio Gibli's Castle in the Sky for some other options in Airship design (more fantasy based than reality). The last movie features the pirate ship I mentioned and showed above and would be a nice design for a terrain center piece.

I'm guessing you had something like this in mind v

large.57aba66ce89e0_Zep03.jpg

• Like 7

On ‎8‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 2:45 PM, clockworktheif said:

Yes, something long those lines, I believe. Bit messier though. Where did you find that?

I google for airships and Zeppelins and it was one of the images that came up.

Edit: After doing some research today I found a link to a forum where those ones that made the Zeppelin shows how they made it. http://www.lead-adventure.de/index.php?topic=23406.0