The Queen revealed

santaclaws01

1 minute ago, Wifstrand said:

Your personal preference, or because it's a good idea? How does Teddy work well with Titania's crew? I'm not seeing it. I was thinking of going for the Widow Weaver for her webs.

Teddy has a very nice combo with Audience with the Queen. Target a model within 6" of Teddy with Audience, then place the target in base to base with Titania while also in Teddy's melee range. Smell Fear triggers after Audience is resolved, allowing Teddy to attack. For added points, Teddy can use his push trigger to push the enemy model into base contact with a model with Pounce.

On September 19, 2016 at 4:37 AM, Joel said:

I had a Lilith mirror match round one in a tournament at the weekend.  One of the few differences in the list wwas that my opponent took the Pmagic and I chose the Cherub.

we both had:

Lilith

Nekima

Doppleganger

Mysterious Effigy

frankly, the totem choice was the key to the game.  We had collect the bounty as out strat and had both chosen undercover entourage as one of our schemes.  I had also chosen take prisoner as I knew that he'd do what you advise with the puke worm - he'd keep it back. Meaning I would swing 6vp simply on triple walking lilith over to it in the last turn.

Likewise, I read his intent with lilith and the cherub was able to save a high card to shoot her and push her out of my deployment zone, take her below half wounds, and put her in a position for my nekima to finish her off.

Taking Pmagic automatically, without thinking it through, is not a great plan IMO.  Its not bad, but it is predictable.

To me that is you out playing your opponent more than straight crew choice.  It would be just as easy to predict that you might try to take it prisoner and kill it off/ move it up after a few turns so you need to use a different model etc.. Not saying there is a definite correct choice, but you taking advantage of poor play by your opponent doesn't equal the totem being an obvious difference.  One should always plan for everything and the cherub may have used at times, but just as often it seems underwhelming

On 8/27/2016 at 8:29 AM, Da Git said:

Has anyone actually tried the Titania Behold My Glory/Barbaros Challenge combo? How'd it go? 

I'm also interested in knowing this! I have a Slow Grow league starting next week and I have to select a henchman to lead the crew at the beginning, and I'm thinking Barbaros would be a good choice, but I've never played him before so I don't know.

On 9/24/2016 at 9:40 PM, edopersichetti said:

I'm also interested in knowing this! I have a Slow Grow league starting next week and I have to select a henchman to lead the crew at the beginning, and I'm thinking Barbaros would be a good choice, but I've never played him before so I don't know.

I have tried it once, but didn't get a great test, I overextended Titania, and she took a Howard Langstrom to the face.  but from what little I did see, I still think it has some promise.  

26 minutes ago, MetaphoricDragn said:

I have tried it once, but didn't get a great test, I overextended Titania, and she took a Howard Langstrom to the face.  but from what little I did see, I still think it has some promise.  

Lol Howard to the face isn't healthy for anyone, I doubt any master would resist very long there...

I'm thinking having Barbaros in play can free Titania to "dodge and dart" around and hit where is needed, rather than tank herself (dangerously). She can heal him too, if need be.

Now for my league, we start at 30 SS + a free henchman, and I'm planning to field the Emissary, The Thorn, a Performer, and one between Waldgeist or The Tooth, depending if I need extra cover or not. I am thinking to field Barbaros as the leader/free henchman, but getting Nekima is also very tempting (especially because she'd be free). I am only concerned about Nekima's ability to withstand the fire by herself out there, and also about playing with 0 SS since she brings none...