Jump to content

The Queen revealed


santaclaws01
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, AnderGdeT said:

Hi!

Titania was one of the models that caught my eye when we started Malifaux in our club. Ripples of Fate is going to be released this September, but I've read somewhere that the crews may be released much later (March or even July 2017). Is it written somewhere? May she be available on Black Friday?

Products in Wyrd's webshop have tags that are somewhat hidden. Those indicated that Titania was a March release (and Reva July). We don't know how serious those tags were though, and even if they were Wyrd's best guess, a lot can happen in 6 months that cause products to be delayed or moved earlier.

She might be available during the Black Friday sale but Wyrd hasn't said anything yet so it's just speculation.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Got another game in with Titania last night, this time against Parker. Unlike previous games I took no other models from her crew box. Strategy was Guard the Stash, and I took Nekima, Doppelganger, Tuco, Primoridial, and two Waldgeists. The crew worked surprisingly well. The Waldgeists camped one objective, Tuco lurked behind some terrain dropping Leave Your Mark, and the other three swung around the other stash marker. Titania had Aether Connection, Audience, and Behold My Glory, a full cache, and had a rockstar game. Turn 1 Mad Dog strayed a little too close (my opponent didn't really realize what Audience did) and got dropped into base to base and then charged by Nekima. Dead dog. Turn 2 she activated first, tagged Parker with Behold, moved around behind the stash marker, then pulled in a dead outlaw. Parker took a couple of shots at Nekima, who was out in the open after killing Mad Dog, but could only afford two shots at her due to Glory and I stoned most of the damage away. In the meantime the rest of his crew was not set up to deal with armor and spent a ton of AP slowly chipping away at the Waldgeists.

Titania + Nekima is a very potent combination. Titania can bring targets in for her to hit without Nekima moving to a vulnerable position, and can really mitigate the damage she takes back. It was a very tanky crew in general, and hugely tanky for Neverborn. I also had good cards and awesome damage prevention flips, so you can only take so much away from one game. But in my previous games I felt like I really wasn't sure what I was trying to accomplish with Titania when she activated, and that her activations did not really strike the same level of fear into my opponent as other Neverborn masters. That was definitely not the case last night - the threat of dropping his models in front of Nekima turned large swaths of the board into a no-go zone. I also got some key use out of her zero to push a model when I needed to shuffle a model 2" to get it into scoring range. All in all a very solid outing for her against a very good opponent. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Anyone gotten any milage out of the poor Gorar?

On paper it seems so lackluster I'm not even sure I want to take mine of the sprue.... Sure summoning a minion back is nice but having to sit the fragile thing within 6 inches of the board center is a bit much: I'd have been much happier with an emulation of how Apprentice Wesely works and that requires less set-up for an extra life for a Master.

It's offensive stats are also really low.... Maybe Changelings could enjoy (1) The Serpants Call?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I used it once and put it away. You are probably bringing back a 7ss minion, so you are looking at a net of 4ss. Sort of, since it dictates the positioning of the model coming back and it comes back slow and counts as an entirely new model (so not eligible for Public Demonstration and the like). That's if you manage to make it work at all and it doesn't just die from loitering around the board center. Very hard for me to see taking it over Primordial. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/13/2016 at 5:52 PM, necroon said:

Anyone gotten any milage out of the poor Gorar?

On paper it seems so lackluster I'm not even sure I want to take mine of the sprue.... Sure summoning a minion back is nice but having to sit the fragile thing within 6 inches of the board center is a bit much: I'd have been much happier with an emulation of how Apprentice Wesely works and that requires less set-up for an extra life for a Master.

It's offensive stats are also really low.... Maybe Changelings could enjoy (1) The Serpants Call?

simply put, yes.

 

used him, will continue to for now.  the ca4 isnt as bad as it seems, and can generate extra scheme markers quite well.  It also draws enemy fire from the real crew quite well - a bit like the queen herself.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, Breng77 said:

The Gorar seems to suffer the same problem as many other neverborn totems.  It isn't the primordial magic.  Primordial magic is so good for just one stone cheaper that it seems like taking the Gorar is purposefully playing with a handicap.  

That's pretty much what I was going to say. For a real cost of +1ss and the opportunity cost of not having the PM... I just don't see it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Bodiless said:

That's pretty much what I was going to say. For a real cost of +1ss and the opportunity cost of not having the PM... I just don't see it.

while this WAS true, under gaining grounds 2016 things are less clear cut.  Other totems have more of a role and eclipse the puke worm in many scheme pool/strat mixes.

If Pmagic is just a rush of magic and and activation, its not doing enough.  Its ability to count as a scheme marker takes a real dent when scheme markers need to be in place every turn to score big.

Joel

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, Joel said:

while this WAS true, under gaining grounds 2016 things are less clear cut.  Other totems have more of a role and eclipse the puke worm in many scheme pool/strat mixes.

If Pmagic is just a rush of magic and and activation, its not doing enough.  Its ability to count as a scheme marker takes a real dent when scheme markers need to be in place every turn to score big.

Joel

I find that I actually get a fair amount of use out of Nullify when I see models start wandering onto my side of the board. If nothing else my opponent's response to having something Nullified tells me a fair amount about what they are trying to accomplish. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Breng77 said:

The Gorar seems to suffer the same problem as many other neverborn totems.  It isn't the primordial magic.  Primordial magic is so good for just one stone cheaper that it seems like taking the Gorar is purposefully playing with a handicap.  

I feel a lot of it comes from vulnerability too.  Primordial Magic can sit in back, gain us activation and card draw.  Gorar needs to be front and center in a scheme pool that often forces enemies to be there as well.  The Poltergeist is huge, and thus cannot hide like the magic can. etc.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I haven't tried the Primordial Magic with Titania yet, but I've gotten success with the Gorar by waiting until right before one of my important minions is about to before running towards the center of the board. The Gorar can also provide some nice support from 10" away if your crew is capable of reliably handing out Slow.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, MetaphoricDragn said:

I feel a lot of it comes from vulnerability too.  Primordial Magic can sit in back, gain us activation and card draw.  Gorar needs to be front and center in a scheme pool that often forces enemies to be there as well.  The Poltergeist is huge, and thus cannot hide like the magic can. etc.

Yeah this is a huge one here. I get great mileage out of Nullify because I can pop out from behind cover and pop one or two off in a game with Incorporeal helping me get around. 

I feel, and I am sure a decent number of people will disagree with me here (which is fine), but I feel that 3 soul stones isn't a fair cost for this totem if it's ability is going to be restrictive. I can't help but mentally compare to Apprentice Wesley and yes: I know Gremlins and Neverborn are very different but Titania and Brewmaster but seem to do something a bit different in a place with enemy models so I am going to make the comparison anyways. Apprentice Wesley is also 3 stones but he re-summons Brewmaster and does so from 6 inches away. I would say re-summoning a master from 6 inches away is strictly better then re-summoning a minion while within 6 inches of the center of the board. Wesley also boasts Magical Extension which would be more welcome, to me, then anything printed on the back (and, realistically, the front) of the Gorar's card.

Plus Titania, despite having 3 named minions in her crew box, does not have any more synergy with minions then any other master which makes the ability seem even stranger to me. Add CA4 to it's action on top of this, one only working if it targets an already slow model (Yes: paralysis is incredibly powerful so this in of itself on a 3ss model should have stipulations), and 4 WDs along with a 40mm HT2 base and I'm very pre-discouraged. Anyways nice to see a few folks have had some luck with the right-proper snake of Neverborn: perhaps I'll give it a few tries on the table. As always thanks to everyone that took the time to respond :D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Joel said:

while this WAS true, under gaining grounds 2016 things are less clear cut.  Other totems have more of a role and eclipse the puke worm in many scheme pool/strat mixes.

If Pmagic is just a rush of magic and and activation, its not doing enough.  Its ability to count as a scheme marker takes a real dent when scheme markers need to be in place every turn to score big.

Joel

While you are right that the primordial magic took a hit in the new pools, I would say an activation and Rush is plenty for 2 stones.  If you consider that rush of magic is essentially a half SS per turn (if you stone for cards) then in a 5 turn game you get 2.5 SS worth of cards.  Plus activations, and anything that you can do as a marker.  I mean in arcanists people pay 2 SS for arcane reservoir which is 2 SS for one card a turn and no activations.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, moxypoo said:

I haven't tried the Primordial Magic with Titania yet, but I've gotten success with the Gorar by waiting until right before one of my important minions is about to before running towards the center of the board. The Gorar can also provide some nice support from 10" away if your crew is capable of reliably handing out Slow.

Or if your opponent is summoning, that has been it's main success for me thus far, targeting models which are slow due to being summoned.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Torsul said:

I wouldn't call this a widespread problem. I would rate Cherub, Marionettes, Daydreams, Huggy and vodoo doll above the puke snake. In fact the poltergeist is the only totem which is often replaced by primordial during my games (can't rate the scribe as I don't play Lucius very actively). 

As others said the Gorar isn't only a greater ss investment but suffers from the placement restriction of his main ability paired with lackluster survival stats. On top of missing Minion synergies from titania. With Collodi I might take him some times as marionettes could be replaced with effigies and one could summon marionettes after Gorar sacrifice himself.

You can't take the Gorar with Collodi as he is Titania only.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Torsul said:

I wouldn't call this a widespread problem. I would rate Cherub, Marionettes, Daydreams, Huggy and vodoo doll above the puke snake. In fact the poltergeist is the only totem which is often replaced by primordial during my games (can't rate the scribe as I don't play Lucius very actively). 

As others said the Gorar isn't only a greater ss investment but suffers from the placement restriction of his main ability paired with lackluster survival stats. On top of missing Minion synergies from titania. With Collodi I might take him some times as marionettes could be replaced with effigies and one could summon marionettes after Gorar sacrifice himself.

 Have rarely seen the cherub taken over the primordial magic.  But it is true for the others though in those cases you are almost forced to take their specific totems.  It is about the only Saving grace in neverborn if the primordial magic was in another faction you would see it even more.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I had a Lilith mirror match round one in a tournament at the weekend.  One of the few differences in the list wwas that my opponent took the Pmagic and I chose the Cherub.

we both had:

Lilith

Nekima

Doppleganger

Mysterious Effigy

 

frankly, the totem choice was the key to the game.  We had collect the bounty as out strat and had both chosen undercover entourage as one of our schemes.  I had also chosen take prisoner as I knew that he'd do what you advise with the puke worm - he'd keep it back. Meaning I would swing 6vp simply on triple walking lilith over to it in the last turn.

Likewise, I read his intent with lilith and the cherub was able to save a high card to shoot her and push her out of my deployment zone, take her below half wounds, and put her in a position for my nekima to finish her off.

Taking Pmagic automatically, without thinking it through, is not a great plan IMO.  Its not bad, but it is predictable.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I played the knights recently with Lilith.

Took Lilith with Beckon Malifaux and Living Blade, The Cherub, Lelu with his new upgrade, Lilitu with Malifaux provides, The Thorn, The Claw, The Tooth and doppleganger.

All those lures proved amazing. The strategy was Head Hunter and I took setup (on Izamu) and convict labour. Using the knights, the setup was about as simple as it gets. The cherub did his thing of letting all the models around him 0ap interactions for picking up heads and slowing the occasional model, whilst the others did a bit of beating and luring (with the occasional pounce).

They were a little fragile in parts and needed to stay fairly static but were great at picking off one or two models a turn.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/17/2016 at 3:28 PM, Breng77 said:

 Have rarely seen the cherub taken over the primordial magic.  But it is true for the others though in those cases you are almost forced to take their specific totems.  It is about the only Saving grace in neverborn if the primordial magic was in another faction you would see it even more.  

There are definitely pools where I would take Cherub over Primordial. I like Cherub in Squatters, for example. I'll often have Cherub following Nekima down a flank to pick up the markers there as a zero, letting her spend all of her AP murdering whatever my opponent sent to get that marker. Plus handing out slow to further hamper their efforts. 

 

Edit: This is getting a bit far afield from Titania though, so suffice to say that while there are plenty of masters where I do regularly take the specific totem rather than Primordial I don't think Titania will turn out to be one.

Edited by Bodiless
Staying on topic
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

So I just got Titania, and I'm wondering what to bring with her. I'm going to participate in a Shifting Loyalties campaign that starts with Masters available. I'm thinking of going for all three Knights, the Primordial Magic (maybe the Gorar to preserve the Knights?), a Doppelganger, an Insidious Madness, and 14 SS for playing around. Thoughts on what to take?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, Wifstrand said:

So I just got Titania, and I'm wondering what to bring with her. I'm going to participate in a Shifting Loyalties campaign that starts with Masters available. I'm thinking of going for all three Knights, the Primordial Magic (maybe the Gorar to preserve the Knights?), a Doppelganger, an Insidious Madness, and 14 SS for playing around. Thoughts on what to take?

Teddy!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information