The Queen revealed

santaclaws01

7 hours ago, -Loki- said:

The Gorar, unless it's a lot bigger than the box implies, 30mm.

The Gorar will be about 70 mm wide with a 30 mm base, it's the Wyrd Way (tm)!

Seriously though, The Thorn might also have a bigger base, occasionally models have larger bases because of stuff sticking out, e.g. Malifaux raptors have tiny bodies but 40 mm bases because of their wingspans. In either case everyone will love transporting The Thorn. :(

• Like 2

Do we have any detail on the champion upgrade (or any of them for that matter?). I am wondering on what models it could apply (Minions, Enforcers, Henchmen...undead, fae, etc.). Depending on the bonus given, it could give her synnergy with a wilder array of models.

7 hours ago, Sybaris said:

Do we have any detail on the champion upgrade (or any of them for that matter?). I am wondering on what models it could apply (Minions, Enforcers, Henchmen...undead, fae, etc.). Depending on the bonus given, it could give her synnergy with a wilder array of models.

We only know what's on her page.

• 2 weeks later...

sure why not.

• Totem:  I don't know if the Gorar is going to supplant the Primordial Magic.  It's nice to bring back a minion and all, but once an opponent knows what it does it's pretty easy to kill.  It has to be up near the center to do its job, where the pukeworm can be anywhere on the map and still contributing more than just an activation.
  • Minion:  I think Sorrows are going to be fantastic with her.  Between the Misery bubbles and the (2) Doldrums to throw out Paralyze, especially later in the turn when an opponent has stripped their hand against the many Wp duels or trying to target things other than Titania.  I'd like to see the Autumn Knights in action a little more.  I think The Claw is probably the best of the three.  Of course, that's more general utility and Titania-shenanigans.  None of those new things are intended to replace our scheme runners, but I sure am glad we didn't get a fifth scheme runner.  I want to like the Rougarou, but at 8ss it's contending pretty heavily with the usual All-Stars of Neverborn.  Fun little thing with a Freikorps Trapper, if it gets Queen's Champion you can ping scheme markers onto things all over the board.
  • Enforcer:  I think Mr. Graves will be really great for Titania, moving her around so she can spend her AP doing more important things and giving her a tough utility beatstick to keep on hand.  Johan is always a useful pull, and certainly doesn't mind a little armor or :+fate to attacks with a relic hammer.  For the bigger Enforcers, I think the Teddy can have a lot of fun with her.  Titania forcing an opponent to discard just to target Teddy is already bothersome, but it can really add up.  Lots of Wp duels to trigger Smell Fear, a built-in Push trigger so the Teddy can create a trail of scheme markers with Queen's Champion upgrade, and the armor can really make it annoyingly survivable against the things that usually kill Teddy.
  • Henchman: Nekima is always an all-star.  Titania doesn't have the movement shenanigans of Lilith, but she grants Nekima much more survivability by forcing discards to target her or giving the +1 Armor.  Not to mention Nekima with :+fate to attacks is just silly.  Not as silly as Howard getting more chances at Decapitate, but still pretty darn awesome.  With her Black Blood splash (0) action she can really rack up on scheme markers if the opponent has a few models in range. [Edit: Attack actions only.  Black Blood splash is a Tactical action to hurt herself combined with an Ability that hurts others]. Widow Weaver is pretty straight forward, forcing more Wp duels and throwing out Web Markers to make opponents fail against the various ones that Titania's crew puts out.  I think Aeslin is great in a Neverborn mirror match, being able to negate placement effects or putting things in a 6" bubble on :-fate to Ca actions.  I think she is pretty niche though, and might not make it to as many games as Nekima or Widow Weaver.
  • Like 1

I see Barbaros as a potentially nice complement, as both he and Titania can bring their 'Challenge' effects into play to force enemies into a very difficult situation. (Especially since you can supplement that with some of the suggestions above, such as Sorrows and Widow Weaver and Wisps to really double-down on Wp duels).

7 minutes ago, Myth said:

I see Barbaros as a potentially nice complement, as both he and Titania can bring their 'Challenge' effects into play to force enemies into a very difficult situation. (Especially since you can supplement that with some of the suggestions above, such as Sorrows and Widow Weaver and Wisps to really double-down on Wp duels).

Barb was my first thought. Gotta take the duel for one of them at least. Have a madness nearby and a Wisp and they're doing your schemes for you 

1 minute ago, santaclaws01 said:

Can't get scheme markers from black blood, has to be with an attack action. 

Oh dang, I thought it was a damaging action.  Oh well, still awesome but certainly brings that one down.

Honestly, I think once people really pin down what they want to do with Titania the Queen's Champion upgrade won't be an auto-include, or specifically aiming to put it on a big beater won't be an automatic goal.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Kirby said:

Oh dang, I thought it was a damaging action.  Oh well, still awesome but certainly brings that one down.

Honestly, I think once people really pin down what they want to do with Titania the Queen's Champion upgrade won't be an auto-include, or specifically aiming to put it on a big beater won't be an automatic goal.

Right - the Queen's Champion is easily one of the strongest upgrades in the game. But... you have to jump through some hoops to turn it on (and to get it on the right model you want it on). That seems to provide a decent balance for it.

Honestly, my approach with Titania would be to take the upgrade but not worry about who ends up with it. If it ends up on Nekima, sure, she becomes an unstoppable force - but even if it ends up on a minion, suddenly that minion is tougher, stronger, and providing more utility than normal. I'd rather let the opponent worry about who gets it, and force them to play more defensively in response, which could lead to mistakes on their end.

Where I think QC will get the most abuse is on a model that has the Malifaux Provides upgrade.  Whack something, it drops a scheme marker, eat the scheme marker to heal 2.  If you can keep the model safe from extreme concentration, you can really tear into an opponent with a near-immortal beater.  Especially something like Teddy that doesn't have to spend AP to move.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kirby said:

Where I think QC will get the most abuse is on a model that has the Malifaux Provides upgrade.  Whack something, it drops a scheme marker, eat the scheme marker to heal 2.  If you can keep the model safe from extreme concentration, you can really tear into an opponent with a near-immortal beater.  Especially something like Teddy that doesn't have to spend AP to move.

I think you will definitely want to try and manage this sort of synergy with it for it to be worthwhile. After all, it is 2ss and took an upgrade slot. You need to get more out of it than if you just took the model you were thinking of getting and spent another 2ss on it. Depending on the price range that can be quite a jump in effectiveness on its own.

I really need to get home from the usa to finish my fae tactica post,  bit for QC the masses will use it for nekima,  however there are far better options depending on what you need done, my persona faves are tuco and Lazarus as the blasts will drop markers,  the bonuses applied to rogarou make them a real thorn as well as teddy,  heck for a laugh i had it on tannen for a game.