The Queen revealed

santaclaws01

She does look very difficult to take down. Between the impossible to wound, 12 wounds and very easy ability for other models to heal her up by simply placing scheme markers. She seems like a good brawler able to then pull in the likes of Nekima or Teddy for a big hit and subsequent mawling through flurry or Melee expert. The 8" range is massive. Really looking forward to seeing what the rest of the crew can do and what exactly her upgrades bring to the table.  

Yeah, I like the Thorn a lot, but the Claw is a close second. That's not to say the Tooth isn't awesome, but the posing on the other two is phenomenal. So menacing.

Really looking forward to giving Titania a go. Her mechanics are so unlike anything else Neverborn have access to.

She may be kind of tough for a Neverborn master, but that isn't really saying much. As she has no tricky defence, just Df 5, ItW and 12 Wd, dedicated beaters (i.e. stuff with high skill and minimum damage) will just beat her to death in short order. If, for instance, one or more of her Knights are bodyguardy and can take hits from her that would help. Or if her crew has some special abilities to place scheme markers, as Interact placing them to heal her is not going to be that easy a way to heal her a lot. The upgrade that lets her place enemies in btb is still good as she can pick on stuff that isn't much of a threat, but the taunt upgrade seems more questionable to me.

What jumped out at me was the amount of Wp test spam she can do. The combination of A New Harvest and The Thirsty Roots really screams for some Smell Fear and Misery. Perhaps add a Performer for good measure since there will be an abundance of scheme markers anyway.

not too long for the book to come out to see how much healing her crew can get to her though :D 

she is a massively different style of play for nvb and is one of my favourite masters, probably even tempting me to put in a gencon order this year for a 1st time ever (although weak pound, expensive delivery costs and customs taxes are offputting)

7 hours ago, Bengt said:

She may be kind of tough for a Neverborn master, but that isn't really saying much. As she has no tricky defence, just Df 5, ItW and 12 Wd, dedicated beaters (i.e. stuff with high skill and minimum damage) will just beat her to death in short order. If, for instance, one or more of her Knights are bodyguardy and can take hits from her that would help. Or if her crew has some special abilities to place scheme markers, as Interact placing them to heal her is not going to be that easy a way to heal her a lot. The upgrade that lets her place enemies in btb is still good as she can pick on stuff that isn't much of a threat, but the taunt upgrade seems more questionable to me.

What jumped out at me was the amount of Wp test spam she can do. The combination of A New Harvest and The Thirsty Roots really screams for some Smell Fear and Misery. Perhaps add a Performer for good measure since there will be an abundance of scheme markers anyway.

I think with a cache of 4 and Aether Connection she will be pretty hard to bring down even for a big beater. Assuming plenty of access to ways of getting scheme markers down (and if that is not true her whole concept falls apart) then I can see her being pretty resilient. Hard to take down in a single activation and then able to rapidly heal back up. 

I agree about the Wp duels. Anything that activates off of Wp and/or makes duels harder to pass will be solid. I'm definitely getting her in the GenCon sale and will be looking forward to getting her on the table. I think that Envy and Performer will both do well with her. 

Edit: I also think as a whole NB players tend not to take Mysterious Effigy as often as they should. It is a great 4ss activation and that non-defense-trigger push away from an attack can be a life saver.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Bodiless said:

I think with a cache of 4 and Aether Connection she will be pretty hard to bring down even for a big beater. Assuming plenty of access to ways of getting scheme markers down (and if that is not true her whole concept falls apart) then I can see her being pretty resilient. Hard to take down in a single activation and then able to rapidly heal back up. 

She herself can spam scheme markers with the best of them so I don't think her concept falls through if her crew can't. It shouldn't after all be too easy to heal her, e.g. an ability like the Union Miner's False Claim would be kind of silly IMO, healing her for 8 Wds during the activation of a 5 SS model. Titania will be my first Neverborn so I'm not familiar with what there already is in the faction for dropping scheme markers close together.

Can't wait to see if she can be used with Nekima as a sort of force multiplier. Granted, defense isn't that high, but every activation of our own can heal her a bit. Nexus of power, even though i am not fond of the cost, could make her an even bigger headache when using stones for defence.

She's so amazing. I pulled this out of my butt the second I looked at her:

1. She uses Blood Command, cancels damage with a ram, and moves Teddy into base contact from 8" away.

2. Teddy gets a free attack from Bloody Command.

3. She uses Wicked Silence to deal 2 damage, dump a scheme marker. This is a failed WP test.

4. Teddy gets *another* free attack. He pushes the model 4" away from the 1st scheme marker with his attack

5. Titania uses her 0 action to force a WP duel and place *another* scheme marker into base contact with the model. This is another chance for a free Teddy attack if the first didn't go off. 

6. She uses *another* Bloody Command, sacrificing the first scheme marker for +1 damage.

7. The next turn the model activates in base contact with the second scheme marker, takes 2 damage, and as this is another failed WP duel....

8. Teddy gets A THIRD attack. 

As many as 3 free Teddy attacks, 4 damage (not including the second attack), and 2 scheme markers, and pushing the model 4". In one shot. Boom. 

MY QUEEN!

• Like 1

I'm curious if, way back when she was first just artwork on a card, if they knew who she was, like was it just artwork that they decided to do something with way later or way back then the whole Fae/imprisoned queen thing was part of the headcanon.

Also, I'm betting the inevitable 'How to deal with Titania' threads turn into some of the chattiest and most referenced threads on these forums. We're going to be seeing a _lot_ of Titania for a while.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Rob Lo said:

IAlso, I'm betting the inevitable 'How to deal with Titania' threads turn into some of the chattiest and most referenced threads on these forums. We're going to be seeing a _lot_ of Titania for a while.

Yeah, she seems to be everybody's darling and most people seem to think her crew is one of the best overall ...

1 hour ago, Rob Lo said:

I'm curious if, way back when she was first just artwork on a card, if they knew who she was, like was it just artwork that they decided to do something with way later or way back then the whole Fae/imprisoned queen thing was part of the headcanon.

I doubt they had exactly her in their mind before since, iirc and please terminate me if i am wrong,  Malifaux's lore was initially made to connect the rather wild model range of metal Wyrd Miniatures in the first place. Now Neverborn was always about bringing the fantastic/mythic/legendary into reality so given their creativity, they certainly could come up with Titania's concept relatively recently and blend it wonderfully into the current setting. Exactly when they thought about it i wouldn't dare to guess. That said, I really wonder if we'll get to see how she'll deal with Lilith and the Nephilim in the stories.

3 hours ago, 17thknight said:

She's so amazing. I pulled this out of my butt the second I looked at her:

1. She uses Blood Command, cancels damage with a ram, and moves Teddy into base contact from 8" away.

2. Teddy gets a free attack from Bloody Command.

3. She uses Wicked Silence to deal 2 damage, dump a scheme marker. This is a failed WP test.

4. Teddy gets *another* free attack. He pushes the model 4" away from the 1st scheme marker with his attack

5. Titania uses her 0 action to force a WP duel and place *another* scheme marker into base contact with the model. This is another chance for a free Teddy attack if the first didn't go off. 

6. She uses *another* Bloody Command, sacrificing the first scheme marker for +1 damage.

7. The next turn the model activates in base contact with the second scheme marker, takes 2 damage, and as this is another failed WP duel....

8. Teddy gets A THIRD attack. 

As many as 3 free Teddy attacks, 4 damage (not including the second attack), and 2 scheme markers, and pushing the model 4". In one shot. Boom. 

MY QUEEN!

Smell Fear is once per turn. Also there's no reason to push the model 4" away from the other scheme marker, as that limitation is only for interact actions.

1 hour ago, Rob Lo said:

Also, I'm betting the inevitable 'How to deal with Titania' threads turn into some of the chattiest and most referenced threads on these forums. We're going to be seeing a _lot_ of Titania for a while.

The keyword struck me oddly, too. I always saw Lilith as having the mechanics of faerie mythology, with creating forests and bogs out of nothingness and twisting people's locations, and never could make that mesh with the nephilim being her flock.

Wild speculation: Titania was built from the very earliest notes that were considered but rejected to be part of Lilith, winged lady artwork and strange mechanics both, that were still necessary to the story. She, and to a lesser extent Reva, have scraps of fluff that fit a bit better with the rest of the lore as already built than do the other five. Nellie and Asami built upon the game's mechanics (the oni have been there for years, waiting, and good gods did everyone need a rewrite of Lucius* ((sorrynotsorry, Neverborn!)) ) but they don't have much, if any, groundwork laid in the fluff. The other three are new altogether. And I look forward to Sandeep moving the story forward, not sure what Parker will do, roll my eyes at the thought of Zipp pulling a McCabe and stealing something he doesn't understand and doesn't know which way to point it and ruining everything in a considerable blast radius.

Soooo not taking that bet. ;)

*Mechanically, anyway. Fluff-wise, I'm not arguing with--I'm going to go on the record with some even wilder speculation, here--derailing the ascension of the tyrant Meridion king-and/or-queen-of-constructs** by rerouting it through the Governor-General and then creating another divide-by error with the effigies which Zoraida added to the mix. Dance amongst the ruins, Lucius: anyone who can take down a Tyrant without a relic hammer has earned it.

**Given Vanessa the lady of leylines and constructs, Lady Duffield the Guild astronomer, etc., I say queen. But then, I view everything as female by default, and then have to correct to male when necessary, and this is apparently not normal, so.

19 minutes ago, santaclaws01 said:

Smell Fear is once per turn. Also there's no reason to push the model 4" away from the other scheme marker, as that limitation is only for interact actions.

Yes, i know, the first free attack he gets as a trigger off of Titania's Attack (it's not Smell Fear). The *second* free attack would be Smell Fear from a failed WP test when she forces the scheme marker to drop. The third is at the beginning of the *next* turn when the enemy model activates with the second scheme marker next to it. 

And the push is automatic as part of Teddy's 1 attack action, I'm not saying you *have* to do it, but you can. Moving models out of position is highly beneficial. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 17thknight said:

Yes, i know, the first free attack he gets as a trigger off of her Attack. The *second* free attack would be Smell Fear from a failed WP test. The third is at the beginning of the *next* turn when the enemy model activates with the second scheme marker next to it. 

And the push is automatic as part of Teddy's 1 attack action, he doesn't need a trigger for it, and it's not part of Titania's action. 

Don't know how I glossed over the next turn bit, but pushing the model away from Scheme markers seems counter-productive. You don't need to declare built in triggers.

Just now, santaclaws01 said:

Don't know how I glossed over the next turn bit, but pushing the model away from Scheme markers seems counter-productive. You don't need to declare built in triggers.

Yeah, I'm just saying it's something you can do, not that you have to. For her abilities I don't think it effects anything either way, but I think it's just amazing to have all that happen in one shot. 

I think She looks like good toolbox master. So my thought about her is....

Stat & Ability

Low Df, High WD and Impossible to wound - They are usually Ressers' things, so she will be as tough as Ressers.  

Flight - I think Free Flignt is always right.

The Thirsty Roots - 2 damage Aura is good, but it can work in some situations.

Rejoice in Rebirth - Very good healing ability, But it doesn't work with her action like A New Harvest.

Attack Actions

Wicked Silence - Good WP attack for utilities, but its damage is low.  

Blood Command - Her Bread and Butter. it can use to healing / AP transfer and Its damage can be increased.

Tactical Actions

A New Harvest - Another Bread and Butter. It makes her other abilities / Actions and some scheme runs work.

The Queen has risen - Movement Trick. But I think its efficiency is low, So I think it must use for "important" model.

Upgrade

I don't talk about them, because I don't know their costs.

6 hours ago, Sybaris said:

That said, I really wonder if we'll get to see how she'll deal with Lilith and the Nephilim in the stories.

This is just speculation, but in Through the Breach, it describes the Nephilim as descendants of Malifaux's original inhabitants, descended into barbarism.  If the Fae were there before the Neverborn, then I'd imagine there will be some awkward conversations.