GenCon Newsletter

Lucidicide

@Endalaus, G Mort wrote an unboxing article about Bad Ink Fate Deck, which you can find here.

In the comments it is said:
Unknown: "Just out of curiosity, how does the durability feel on the cards? I like the material of the arcane fate deck, but don't like the art. I have one from the starter box, but the paper material has definitely shown signs of wear already."
G Mort: "They're less slippy than the Arcane ones but still seem to have equivalent levels of durability. Of course only time will tell..."

Just now, Phinn said:

@Endalaus, G Mort wrote an unboxing article about Bad Ink Fate Deck, which you can find here.

In the comments it is said:
Unknown: "Just out of curiosity, how does the durability feel on the cards? I like the material of the arcane fate deck, but don't like the art. I have one from the starter box, but the paper material has definitely shown signs of wear already."
G Mort: "They're less slippy than the Arcane ones but still seem to have equivalent levels of durability. Of course only time will tell..."

I actually own from what I can tell at least 1 deck from each different style. I have Outcast and Arcanist decks (paperish), I have PuppetWars and Retro (the same material as Arcane), and I have the Bad Ink Fate Deck (thin glossy plastic). I'm making it into way bigger of a deal than it is. I just wanted to see if the Iconic Fate deck was the first style of plastic Wyrd was using or the newer style (inked). Will probably buy the deck either way, but I'd be 100% more ecstatic if it were the Arcane Fate deck material. Just personal preference.

I re-read your original comment, @Endalaus, and realized that the Iconic Fate Deck was the one you were asking about, not the Bad Ink one.
Originally (It was already late, where I live.) I read your comment, got lost in an inexhaustible amount of Fate Decks there is, remembered G Mort's article, tried to be useful... :D

I have always wondered this... May I ask you, why do you own so many Fate Decks? :D

On 21.7.2016 at 8:13 AM, surly said:

One question though: will the boxes that can be bought this way contain the same stat cards as the final product that will hit the stores? To make my question clear, for example, will the Wind Gamin box feature all 3 different artworks (corresponding to the 3 different miniatures) on their stat cards, or will there be 3 "placeholder"-cards included, all with the same artwork?

Would be cool if someone could give an answer, thanks in advance ;)

1 hour ago, surly said:

Would be cool if someone could give an answer, thanks in advance ;)

The cards are always the same. Some boxes just have placeholder-images (No cape-warden or kneeling-austringer card) but its not a prerelease issue (I had prerelease austringers and bought some last week and the cards were the same)

• Like 1

Small favour please Wyrd.

Can you change the wording on my credit card statement from "More Wyrd nerd plastic" to "Wedding canapes or the like" just as long as it has Wedding in bold.

We are tying the knot next year and you get a lot of canapes for $325.00!

Ta

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Ceodoc said:

Small favour please Wyrd.

Can you change the wording on my credit card statement from "More Wyrd nerd plastic" to "Wedding canapes or the like" just as long as it has Wedding in bold.

We are tying the knot next year and you get a lot of canapes for $325.00!

Ta

Titania standing next to Reva's henchman would make an awesome cake topper. That's Wedding supplies, right there.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, WyrdMatt said:

@Aaron Not sure if I missed it here but will I be able to buy old limited editions stuff such as the translucent crews and alt Frank for example?

These are generally only available at Easter/Black Friday.  The GenCon sale is mostly about giving everyone the same options that are available to people at the actual GenCon store, so there aren't really any exclusives that they're not bringing with them to GenCon.

5 hours ago, Kobayashi said:

@Nathan Caroland, @Aaron or whoever is responsible. 

Thanks for a] making the second generalist upgrade deck available at Gen Con (Sale); Others see here! but b] Adding the Metal Gamin cards to them, this saves me a trip with Wargame Vault :)

Will these be part of the online store GenCon sale? If so, will they count towards the miss fire promotion? 

Also, what are the dimensions of the twisted and iconic decks? Are they the non standard, almost square, size that the bad ink decks are? 

1 hour ago, Artifact said:

I'm hoping some kind souls from gencon will upload pictures or post text post purchase.

Very surprised with the new crews. The sculpt quality looks amazing. Titania looks especially dull next to all her goodies.

I was thinking the same thing. Amazing box, but I was rather disappointed in Titania. Her crew easily outshines her. My only hope is that it makes her a possible choice for a future nightmare or alt-sculpt target. Still, so many awesome goodies otherwise, continues pillaging my wallet for some of the coolest mini's available on the market.

I am honestly surprised there are people who aren't thrilled with Titania. She's got a very clean design with some great contrast. Her crew looks nice too, but possibly pushing the boundaries of being too visually busy. Still, probably my favorite box so far just in terms of the look, even if I'm more interested in others mechanically.

It's kind of a theme for Neverborn masters to look relatively normal next to what's in their box. Lilith has a bunch of demon looking monsters, Pandora (while she's got Kade and Candy) has ghostly Sorrows and the Poltergeist. The Dreamer has a selection of nightmarish monsters. Lynch has a crustacean from the ocean floor and a bunch of mutated people. Zoraida has swamp monsters. Yet all of those masters look human (Zoraida is borderline, but she's very different to her crew). The only Neverborn masters that fit their boxed crew are Lucius (which is kind of his whole thing) and Collidi, since he's also a puppet.