July 18th - New Crews

Lucidicide

Most of what I am going to write was already said, but... This Titania box is PHENOMENAL! I thought about quitting Neverborn to focus on 10T, but I have to get this box regardsless! I wonder if The Tooth, The Claw and The Horn are named minions, just like Big Jake is - if so, Lucius get to dance around some more :P
Speaking of 10T, I was pretty stoked for the Oni theme, but the models are, uhm, meh? Bettari is the best of the bunch and fits the horror theme.
I have some time left to wonder if the Zipp crew compliments well the Brewmaster one because if it does I might go play me some Gremlins. Frag my Malifaux life with the First Mate's anchor! The awesomeness, the hilarity... It's killing me...
The Outlaws crew is perfectly generic and excellently awesome western reference. From the front of Barrow's card we already know that there will be more to these desperados' gunslinging... Hehehe...
I've never been big on Arcanists. Now Kudra is the second model I like there after Willie.
The Revenant crew is so grim dark and imposing, especially Vincent looks menacing and hard as frag. I will lament the fact that I don't play Ressers for a long time to come due to this crew.
The reporters on the other hand are a nice change of feeling for the Guild and have a catchy theme as well as unique aesthetics. Wonder what Phiona's story is? I mean, her pen looks a bit too long and ... Slanted.

You knew we don't need all this money anyway, right, Wyrd? 

Playing 10TT and Outcast my favorite box is the 10TT. I wasn't so keen on the Master when she was revealed, but the complete box is great, and if she has a second shark tooth mouth on the back of her head she won't be that boring. The Ohaguro Bettari and the Yokai are really cool looking miniatures. I was pretty psyched about the Outcast box aswell until someone earlier in this thread pointed out the ridicules proportions of Mad Dog Bracket's body, and ruined it for me. Now I'm not gonna get that one. Banasuva might be the best looking model of them all though, and that box makes me wanna branch into Arcanists. 

2 hours ago, Gremlin66 said:

Lordy Lordy. I just get into this game. Made a few purchases and now it looks like I'll be making a few more. I haven't even played my first game yet. The figures are so intoxicating and addictive. LOL.

I think I have something like 10 crew boxes now and I've not even played yet...

There are some fantastic models in there. Phiona Gage, Corpse Candles, Banasuva, the Gorar, Iron Skeeters and the First Mate, and Ohaguro Bettari are my favourites.

• Like 1

Damnit, I already had an extensive shopping list for Gencon and didn't plan on spending any more money, but screw it; I want that dancing Djinn. I think I can live without the other guys, at least for a while. In other news, it seems the Satori got the generalist name Yokai...

Wow, these look fantastic. If they're going to be available I think I'll have to pass on the Nightmare McCabe because theres way too much else that looks good. Just based on the Master previews I was thinking about Nellie or Barrows and maybe moving from Guild to Outcast.....

...but after looking at the crew boxes I'm suddenly flipping back to wanting Titania. If theres more Neverborn stuff on the way in the same vein as Titania and her fey then I don't think I have a choice in the matter. Reva is also looking fantastic, and it looks like she's got a henchman Exorcist? Barrows is still looking good to me, and I really prefer the western-themed stuff, but its hard to compare anything to that Titania box.

Damn indecision!

• Like 1

Titanias crew is outstanding. I was hoping the Autumn Knights would make an appearance, and not only do we get the badass from the art we'd already seen but two more completely individual, awesome looking Knights. Aeslin looks super fun to paint.  Not overly sold on the Gorar (mostly because I think it's going to have separate teeth) but it's still a nice little model. Guessing it's the Totem.

I'll be skipping The Wild Ones at gencon (mostly because it'll sit in my drawer of shame and never get built or played) to grab early release Titania.

Have been in the process of heavily converting up a Von Schill crew...looks like that is blown out now...

Guys...Reva....Just wow... Never have I seen a box that I feel needs less conversion than that (trust me it's a compliment from me :P). Just gobsmacked. Those shield bearers are the ducks-nuts..old mate Vincent is threatening as sin, and Reva, fits the fantastically understated look that (IMHO) all Resser masters should have!

Farken Bravo!!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, still-young said:

I think I have something like 10 crew boxes now and I've not even played yet...

There are some fantastic models in there. Phiona Gage, Corpse Candles, Banasuva, the Gorar, Iron Skeeters and the First Mate, and Ohaguro Bettari are my favourites.

I've got 3. Just picked up Von Schill's to help build up my wife's Outcasts. Showed her the new ones. Another box set will be on it's way. LOL.

Well this is awkward...

I loved Reva and Nellie in the master previews and their boxes are simply superb (although I too share the dread of the Press)

Sandeep I was buying on principle as an Arcanist but like his box a lot, love the poison theme as well as that will have some interesting cross over to other models, I'm talking to you Marcus and Cassandra.  Also Cobra lady, is simply divine (I'm guessing she is the totem, love the concept and image).

I also liked the Wild Ones and had a bunch of bag log stuff I wanted to grab I'd been saving for a big order.  All fine I budgeted for considerable wallet pain, but this, this gentlefolks is simply not cricket, I cry foul.

Titania box is exquisite, all individual models, angry environment black Fae imagery and a giant freaking cobra.... me love

A Fistful of Script, damn it Parker was a master I thought I could put off but his box and its concept is superb.

Sky Pirates, I mean the first mate alone is awesome, this box also excellent.

Finally my least favorite master imagery Asami, but an excellent Oni theme which I love and Amanjaku alone tempts me to buy the damn crew.

Simply put out of the park hit for me in this collection, every master and crew is evocative and interesting in image and concept and has the creative juices flowing, without knowing the rules I still want to own and play them all.

Most unfair Wyrd, I singularly demand that you exercise design control and reduce the % of great so I can work to budget on money and time (I mean the thought of putting them all together and finding time to fully play even 3 or 4 new crews, love it but...).... I was not planning to be poor by mid-August, but I'm going to be.   

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, dancater said:

Simply put out of the park hit for me in this collection, every master and crew is evocative and interesting in image and concept and has the creative juices flowing, without knowing the rules I still want to own and play them all.

This. Couldn't agree more. There was no way I was going to play Guild but after seeing Nellie's card, her mechanic looks VERY interesting. There's still more info for all of the crews/masters to be seen but, I think you've hit the nail on the head perfectly dancaster.