July 18th - New Crews

Lucidicide

Guild is mildly dull only in comparison to the others, but its weird in the sense that its mundane qualities are what make it a stand out concept.  Love how the reporters all turned out and Phiona is an incredibly looking render.  

The Resser box is quite stunning.  The Vincent is very intimidating and the shieldbeaers all have really appealing designs.  Set is suprisingly not very Resser looking until the Corpse Candles show up.

Arcanists are only let down by the rather meh Gamin.  Kudra looks spectacular and Banasuva looks to add to the huge field of Arcanist centerpieces.

Neverborn probably get the best box.  Not sure there's much room to argue here.  The Gorar is the only model that is only great, where everything else is just... making me consider bad choices.

Outcasts get a very cool box.  I'd be 100% in on the faction if it was more of this and less Resser.  Doc is hilariously awesome.  Solid set, but there's already gunslingers and pistoleros so its not quite as amazing as it would have been once upon a time.

Gremlins get more of the completely unfair Sky Pirate theme.  McCabe's hunting party is cool, but compared to Skeeters flying in to Ride of the Valkyrie?  No contest. 

Ten Thunders get a great addition, but less my particular style.  Oni are such a deep well of creative designs though and seeing so many great interpretations of under appreciated horror myths is fantastic.  The bettari is particularly well done.

So for me?  Neverborn > Resser > Gremlins > Guild > Outcasts > Arcanists > Ten Thunders?  Maybe?  Expect to see the edit tag appear on this post frequently, because I'm honestly not sure.  They're all top notch.

• Like 2

I really now need to figure out what to get, if those goddies hit the onlinestore

a ] The Wild ones

b] The "An Oni's Wrath" and "The Sky Pirates" box (maybe with Ama no Zako, since it's the last Oni I will be missing

c] Fill the cart with too much and dread over what to remove and go to sleep crying.

Aww man, I don't  even  play gremlins  and I want that box set. Curse you wyrd! They're  all  too good! The Neverborn  one in particular  is phenomenal. Still hoping to see those creepy  little  children fae  from the mysterious  effigy plant come in play  some day though. 

Each of these boxes has something thematically  to add to the game, very strong models throughout. Looking forward to which if any to get early at GenCon this year.

Heck, I even like the gremlin box! (Although the thought of building those Iron Skeeters fills me with a deep existential dread. Good that  I have no intention of going green.)

The star, for me, is doubtlessly the Queen Returns. I'm not even a fan of Neverborn, but that crew just drips style, menace, and panache.  The one set that enthralls me least would have to be an Oni's Wrath, but the potential that the game has in further implementing oni seems pretty great regardless. The other crews are in a boiling stew of awesome, so I will not bother to try and rate them further, each has something fetching and compelling, and a few forgivable duds. (Poison gamin, meh, but look at that Banasuva....)

Cheers!

35 minutes ago, Gnomezilla said:

You just want a Gremlin catfight in the sky, don't you.

no I want Aaron or Nathan to finally step up to the plate and #MakeZippALady to break the spell and release Mason from the crystal prison

I mean I might have been the one who put him there in the first place, but I think my demands are reasonable.

11 minutes ago, Myyrä said:

Some people have speculated it could be this instead.

I expect that to be Asami herself. Better fit. Who knows though: we've seen before that Wyrd have taken existing mythology and reshaped it to their need (as well you should guys: it's your alternate world, if you just copied existing stories that would be very limiting/uninteresting ). Case in point: Jorogumo.

• Like 1

Oh my... with seven new crews, how to divide these fairly between my hubby and myself?

I'm going to have to fight for Nellie, Titania, Parker and Reva.  I will graciously let him have the other three, if he promises to let me play them. ;)

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Victoria said:

Oh my... with seven new crews, how to divide these fairly between my hubby and myself?

I'm going to have to fight for Nellie, Titania, Parker and Reva.  I will graciously let him have the other three, if he promises to let me play them. ;)

Oh, it's on.  I accept your concession on Zipp, but honey....

WE NEED TO TALK.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Nathan Caroland said:

I'm not going to be mean like Aaron there ... yes, all of them and a load more will be available at Gencon. For those of you asking where the list is, pricing, etc, you'll get that Wednesday in the newsletter.

That includes Wyrd's Webstore too right? Lol, my poor wallet. And I haven't even finished painting half of what I had planned to paint :D

• Like 1

I liked the look of Reva and Titania when the Masters were shown, but was a little worried that they would have terrible crews. So I'm happy to say that I like their crews as well - I'll be starting Neverborn when Titania hits retail.

The Queen Returns is the best of the lot IMO. The minions and henchman are awesome, the snake is just ok, but it's a totem so whatever. :P

The Mercy of Death is my second pick, not as spectacular as TQR but solid all around. And Reva is my favourite of the Masters.

The Oni's Wrath. I like Ohugaru and the totem, the minions are not that great though. While I have a bit of TT from dual faction, it doesn't include any Oni, so not very keen on this.

Beacon of Knowledge. I only really like Kudra. The big guy is ok I guess. Sandeep is kind of bad, and yet more bloody Gamin... Still, I have a ton of Arcanists already and might get this eventually, depends on the rules.

The Pen is Mightier. The field reporters are nice, Nellie looks stupid though. Not something that will make start up Guild.

A Fistful of Scrip. Don't really like anything in this box, but the price for shittiest model goes to Mad Dog Brackett with his tiny legs and enormous upper body and giraff neck. If Johan and Brackett had a love child it might look normal...

16 minutes ago, Nathan Caroland said:

If it's at the Wyrd booth at Gencon, it'll be on the webstore as well.

We should have plenty on hand so that there isn't a need for a mad rush (not that we don't appreciate those), but I have been wrong before. Mostly things start to run out a couple days into the process, not the first few hours. We've gotten a bit better about number guessing. :)

Oh I fully plan on starting a mad rush, probably immediately after crossing my fingers while chanting "I will not run" with the gencon president out in the hallway.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Gremlin66 said:

Lordy Lordy. I just get into this game. Made a few purchases and now it looks like I'll be making a few more. I haven't even played my first game yet. The figures are so intoxicating and addictive. LOL.

Same here.  Just picked up a Colette crew second hand and now I'm pretty sure I'm going to spread into Guild/10T and Outcasts come GenCon. At least they're making it easy to hit the target for Miss Fire, right?  :)

• Like 1