July 18th - New Crews

Lucidicide

I'm trying to save this Gencon, & I'd truly love to know if the crew boxes and things that don't have a release date (cough Shadow Emissary! cough) will be available at the Black Friday sale so I can get over the $300 mark so I can get all the pretties!

Please let a poor guy in Japan know!

1 hour ago, Adran said:

You can't actually use the destined abiltiy to give fast until turn 4 at the earliest. But yes, the basic conflux is not a bad choice for any of them. 

Aha, but of a brainfart moment. I could have sworn it said they gain it at the end of each turn.

But still, the basic upgrade is still good, as are the emmisarys themselves.

18 minutes ago, -Loki- said:

Aha, but of a brainfart moment. I could have sworn it said they gain it at the end of each turn.

But still, the basic upgrade is still good, as are the emmisarys themselves.

At the end of the turn you get Destined +1 if you score from strategy. Destined heals you for its amount at the end of activation.

Each Emissary has a (0) action that requires dropping at least Destined +2 to get some bonus. Since Destined +2 requires 2 points from Strategy you can get them at the end of turn 3 so you can try to do it turn 4 if the Emissary is still alive and you scored for strategy each turn.

The basic upgrade being good largely depends on the particular Emissary and crew composition. If you don't have important minions that will operate within 4" of the Emissary it's not very good. If you do, but your minions are Melee Centric and the Emissary isn't built for surviving prolonged combat, it isn't very good. Don't get me wrong, it can be a good upgrade, but even the generic benefits it gives are only good with the correct combination of Emissary and minions.

As for the generalist upgrades, I've been wondering about that. Assuming there are more upgrades than the new master specific ones I assume there are, I wonder if might just going to plot them in the wave 4 master box. would make sense I guess. Buy Reva, get the her box and all the new generic Resser upgrades, assuming there are any.

17 hours ago, Rikk said:

There is just too much stuff for me to be able to get all Resser and Gremlin stuff I want, so going to have to stick with the Ressers and get Gremlins as and when they are released, realising some could be a fair way down the line...

I still like Gremlins but agreed. I'll only be getting the must haves from ressers, starter box the forgotten etc. nothing from this round of gremlims grabbed me and said "OOWOW, BUY ME NOW!"

@Aaron the Emissaries have upgrade cards depending on which master you go with. they are wave 3 models, but are pre-releasing with the new masters from wave 4. If I pre-order them together will I also receive an upgrade card for the new respective master? if not I assume some type of generalist upgrade pack in the future, which begs the question would there be a "in the mean time" fix? just looking for guidance. thanks 

1 minute ago, JudgeDread said:

@Aaron the Emissaries have upgrade cards depending on which master you go with. they are wave 3 models, but are pre-releasing with the new masters from wave 4. If I pre-order them together will I also receive an upgrade card for the new respective master? if not I assume some type of generalist upgrade pack in the future, which begs the question would there be a "in the mean time" fix? just looking for guidance. thanks 

There are no Conflux Upgrades in Ripples of Fate, so there's nothing to include with the Emissaries or to fix.

• Like 1

i got a question about dual-faction masters and their emissaries. for example, Misaki is TT/Outcasts, so will it be the Hodgepodge or Shadow emissary that comes with her conflux upgrade? or will they both come with it? id rather have duplicate upgrade cards instead of dual faction conflux upgrades appearing in just one emissary box

They come with both. Buy the Carrion Emissary and you get all the currently available confluxes. If you also buy the brutal Emissary you'll get all of its confluxes, thus meaning you'll have a double of McMorning's. They already mentioned that many times before. It's a fairly common question.

What I find fun about Gen Con and the regular holiday sales is that there are always the same questions asked each year. Totally fair as not everyone has been playing the same length of time, or spends any regular time on the forums. It's an interesting study in getting your message and information dissipated efficiently. Personal opion is that they should add an FAQ relating to sales, Gen Con, and Confluxes and so on to the site and then just add a description and link in their signatures. ;)

• Like 1

I'm going to add onto a GenCon order with some individual minion boxes, because Miss Fire is delightful, but wait on the crew boxes at least for friendly-local-gaming-store purchase and later LE promos.

Also, books. Can someone who has ordered books before talk to me about shipping costs of previous years? I am happier with reserving minis business instead of books business for the FLGS (if, heavens forbid, I couldn't fulfill my contract to pick up the stuff, minis don't get shopworn as books do), but the FLGS has no shipping fees on what's a rather heavy item....

9 hours ago, Kobayashi said:

That's why you show up early. So it's rather

Come to the Scene - Glue the stuff back together

Game 1 - I play with zooming sounds!

Game 2 - I forfeit glueing stuff back together, still making zooming sonds!

Game 3 - I play again, with zooming sounds!

End - While all have a merry get together, I glue my stuff, with more zooming sounds!!

Don't forget to yell "MAYDAY!" when one of them is shot down and crash land it in the next board over.

And I would get the shirt and not the survivors, if I were you. Shirts are for the summer. If you wait to get the shirt at Black Friday it will be too cold to wear the shirt for months. :(

1 hour ago, Gnomezilla said:

Don't forget to yell "MAYDAY!" when one of them is shot down and crash land it in the next board over.

And I would get the shirt and not the survivors, if I were you. Shirts are for the summer. If you wait to get the shirt at Black Friday it will be too cold to wear the shirt for months. :(

Totally and whatever mini it tosses over at the board has to pass a TN 15 DEF test or get slammed hard on the floor.

- - -

I dunno, Sparks currently has only a fitting place with Mei Fang and with the Survivors I can justify a more Gremliny approach. I might get the shirt after all (things look better than expected financially), though I'm one of these persons that usually wear a tshirt everytime in the year (though sometimes something on top of that)

- - -

I commend your dedication to wait on the Crewboxes, but I simply can't say no to a Sky Pirate named Zipp and being able to do zooming and zapping sounds whule playing... ZOOMING AND ZAPPING!

2 hours ago, Kobayashi said:

Totally and whatever mini it tosses over at the board has to pass a TN 15 DEF test or get slammed hard on the floor.

- - -

I commend your dedication to wait on the Crewboxes, but I simply can't say no to a Sky Pirate named Zipp and being able to do zooming and zapping sounds while playing... ZOOMING AND ZAPPING!

I knoOoOooow...

(Ooh yeah good idea on tossing people overboard too. *adds "other people" to the list of stuff which can be dropped overboard*)

I don't think theres any contest for me anymore, after seeing the little fluff blurb and Reva's card I'm almost certainly picking her up.

Reva hits just about every note I was hoping for: Spooky/creepy instead of gory aesthetic, not a summoner (i.e. less expensive to start), very aggressive tactics (I do play Guild mostly), ghosts and living instead of zombies (although obviously mindless zombies are going to be good with her), good models that look easy to assemble and pin, and a rogue Exorcist henchman (that I would definitely use alongside the Forgotten Marshal). 

If I do order during Gencon, it's probably going to be: Ripples, Reva, Carrion Emissary, Anna, Forgotten Marshal, Mindless Zombies or something along those lines. I'd prefer to wait until Black Friday though, but no clue if she'll be available then. I hope so though!

Upgrade Deck Part 2:huh:

http://www.wyrd-games.net/news/2016/7/22/generalist-upgrade-deck-2

Wyrdos,

We are happy to announce that we will have the new Generalist Upgrade Deck at GenCon! This deck contains:

• 4 New Arcanist Upgrades (8 cards in all)
  • 5 New Guild Upgrades (8 cards in all)
  • 4 New Gremlin Upgrades (8 cards in all)
  • 4 New Neverborn Upgrades (6 cards in all)
  • 4 New Outcast Upgrades (5 cards in all)
  • 4 New Resurrectionist Upgrades (6 cards in all)
  • 5 New Ten Thunders Upgrades (5 cards in all)
  • 3 Metal Gamin cards (to reflect the errata)

This deck will be available for $10.

which, according to follow up on twitter:

https://twitter.com/WyrdGames/status/756583172054347776

does this have all the upgrades or just the newest ones please ? as in do we need both upgrade decks ?

Just the newest ones, from Ripples of Fate

Edited by solkan
  • Like 2

Hm, yeah it was probably a bit too much of a long shot to get the new boxes that soon. I'm in no rush and can afford to wait though, so hopefully they show up again at Black Friday. It also gives me more time to look over the new book instead of jumping in on something just based on the crew box. 

I guess they want to finish wave 3 first. Only Hayreddin and Mounted Guards doesn't have a release date now (and it's a mystery when Jaakuna Ubume will actually be in stores). Shifting Loyalties was an August release last year so I'm a little disappointed that Ripples doesn't come until September (since it's so expensive to buy it directly during GenCon if you live outside NA).

• 3 weeks later...